Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Stand alone gift shop, like Mouse Gear or Art of Disney or one associated with an attraction?

Mouse Gear is the answer I was looking for. I don't know how I'd describe this so I won't ask you to be any more specific.

I just read this on Facebook:

We got yo MK pretty quick but then we hit security
1f62c.png
... i kid you not we were standing there for 45 minutes!!!!!! I mean i appreciate the security and all the precautions especially being a National Holiday weekend but 45 minutes and it was HOT!!! Even at 930am super HOT!!! When i get to the security the guy emptied my backpack and even made me open my wallet. I mean i have a Vera backpack w/ my wallet 3 bottles of water my sons autograph book, and a little pouch with my "girl" things which he even sprawled that on the table ...
1f614.png
2639.png
☹️... anyone has had that happen ... i mean i felt like they were going to strip me naked ... and then to top it off had to go through the metal detector .

I know we can't complain about security but I hate the thought of standing in line for 45 min to get into the park! :faint: I hope that was just overkill for the 4th of July. But security is tighter every time I go. Any time I go anywhere!

I just read this on Facebook:

We got yo MK pretty quick but then we hit security
1f62c.png
... i kid you not we were standing there for 45 minutes!!!!!! I mean i appreciate the security and all the precautions especially being a National Holiday weekend but 45 minutes and it was HOT!!! Even at 930am super HOT!!! When i get to the security the guy emptied my backpack and even made me open my wallet. I mean i have a Vera backpack w/ my wallet 3 bottles of water my sons autograph book, and a little pouch with my "girl" things which he even sprawled that on the table ...
1f614.png
2639.png
☹️... anyone has had that happen ... i mean i felt like they were going to strip me naked ... and then to top it off had to go through the metal detector .

I know we can't complain about security but I hate the thought of standing in line for 45 min to get into the park! :faint: I hope that was just overkill for the 4th of July. But security is tighter every time I go. Any time I go anywhere![/QUOTE]

Thats crazy. I understand the need for extra security, but they should bring in extra guards to speed things up. We went to Disney Spring yesterday and the heat & humidity was horrible. I could not imagine just standing still in it.

Which is worse - to win and not be able to go or not win? They don't have understudies for the leads?

Fun weekend :rolleyes: which included quite an "adventure" last night for BFF and I but that's a "story" for another time. :rolleyes1 :rotfl: Wish we had the luxury of understudies. You need to remember, we're a very small studio in comparison to most appearing at the National's; 90% of the other studios have production numbers of 40-50 participants. We have no "spares" :rotfl2:; but all is good! :yay: Everyone managed to rearrange their schedules and the "show will go on" tomorrow night at 5 PM. I had a hard decision to make; could have stayed with DD and the Princess since Redstorm came home with us today but I'd promised Goopy I'd pick him up at the boarders early Monday morning. She's decided to stay until Tuesday since the entire showcase performance won't be over until 9-10 PM Monday night...and I really didn't want to spend most of the day at Fiesta Texas. :crazy: We'll be able to watch it online since they'll broadcast live for participants families unable to attend. No doubt about it...a "win" is a "win" and it happens often that groups can't participate since there is a "rule" that at least 75% of your group has to attend the performance. So all is good...99% of the Alice In Wonderland cast will be on stage...

P1200923_zps9zbeuex2.jpg

...with the exception of this young lady ...

P1200848_zps0zg1n2fk.jpg

...never easy seeing a dancer "go down" during a performance but the contemporary group carried on (received a High Gold for the performance)...classic "dancers knee injury":

P1200850_zpsw90uldii.jpg

...but she was onstage for the announcements and awards:

P1200897_zpscp2vbpwv.jpg
:tink:

Last edited:
Meanwhile...other DD was white water rafting in Colorado :scared::

19554590_10207760202081571_4124478046082200201_n.jpg

...including a TOTAL "wipe out" when their raft wrapped around a boulder and they plunged into the 38 DEGREE WATER :scared1: right after this photo:

19598673_10207760204241625_6894882631191897139_n.jpg
:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter