• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

IMG_0679.JPG
I took this picture yesterday of our back patio but wasn't sure it was the eclipse reflected (somehow :confused3) on the concrete until tonight when I heard a gentleman behind us at the volleyball game. He'd been in Washington, DC yesterday and described the same thing that he saw on the sidewalk there. Pretty cool...don't understand how and why but thought it was neat! The sun would have been shining through our tall trees over the roof of our house. Can anyone explain it? :confused3

i-85Xn4dH-M.jpg
:tink:
Took this at work, so definately because of the eclipse.

We're just watching the news and I was thinking of you.

Awwww...thank you. :hug: A lot of "if's" and Lord knows we need some rain here but NOT 8-10"s...and they keep "upping" the amount. Here's the "kicker" for our area. There's a cool front to our north...with a little rain...moving south. With our luck the front will block the whole system and we won't get ANY rain! :faint: Houston will have problems; they've had the 3rd wettest August on record so the ground is saturated. We're 70-75 miles to the northwest and dry as a bone! :rolleyes: Watching it carefully; Redstorm has a volleyball tournament in the Houston area Thursday-Saturday...SURE hope they cancel the last 2 days of that sucker. Do NOT want those girls on a school bus when the roads are flooded! :scared1:

View attachment 264137
Took this at work, so definately because of the eclipse.

COOL! I was afraid to post it Monday...thought everyone would think I was NUTS! :lmao: DH didn't believe me when I sent him a picture but walked outside where he was working and saw the same thing...a lot smaller but it was similar. Discovered it totally by accident...never would have thought that would happen. :faint: :tink:

Gov. Abbott just issued State of Disaster for 30 Texas counties already, including Austin County. All I ask is that my power and/or internet doesn't go out! ::yes:: DH did yard work this afternoon and the snails are already "climbing" the walls of the house. DD went to HEB this afternoon to get supplies for school lunches; shelves were already empty in the bottled water section and bread was gone. I must be the only one :rotfl: that has a "hurricane box" with extra supplies and plenty of bread in the freezer! :rotfl2::tink:

Last edited:

Yikes! That's an amazing amount!

They've "upped" the possible total to some areas to 30 inches...:scared1:. Now predicted to be a Cat. 3 storm at landfall in Corpus area late Friday night/early Saturday morning. Ironic...the one hurricane engraved in my memory as a child was during the '60's...Hurricane Carla. She went into Corpus area as a Cat 3 and trained all the way to our area where we also had 60+ mph winds and heavy rain. Along with my cousins, we were all staying at Grandma's house. Daddy and my uncle had to go out during the eye to nail the barn door shut (Grandpa did NOT want his hay to get wet :goodvibes); they got caught out when the eye passed over and had to crawl on their hands and knees to get back to the house. :eek: They couldn't walk against the wind! Preparation plans have changed a little and a few more "must do" items added to the list for today. The plus...I don't think we'll have volleyball this weekend :rolleyes:...hopefully the other coaches involved in the tournament will overrule our coach...'cause she'd probably PLAY! :faint: :tink:

They've "upped" the possible total to some areas to 30 inches...:scared1:. Now predicted to be a Cat. 3 storm at landfall in Corpus area late Friday night/early Saturday morning. Ironic...the one hurricane engraved in my memory as a child was during the '60's...Hurricane Carla. She went into Corpus area as a Cat 3 and trained all the way to our area where we also had 60+ mph winds and heavy rain. Along with my cousins, we were all staying at Grandma's house. Daddy and my uncle had to go out during the eye to nail the barn door shut (Grandpa did NOT want his hay to get wet :goodvibes); they got caught out when the eye passed over and had to crawl on their hands and knees to get back to the house. :eek: They couldn't walk against the wind! Preparation plans have changed a little and a few more "must do" items added to the list for today. The plus...I don't think we'll have volleyball this weekend :rolleyes:...hopefully the other coaches involved in the tournament will overrule our coach...'cause she'd probably PLAY! :faint: :tink:

I totally understand hurricane prep, good luck and be safe!

I totally understand hurricane prep, good luck and be safe!

:thumbsup2 You certainly do! ::yes:: Stores are CRAZY busy this morning :faint:; I was low on AA batteries so made a quick trip and ... :crazy:! So far shelves were stocked but don't think that will last long. Little concerned about the trees in our back yard...DH has been planning on trimming for the entire spring/summer and not done yet :rolleyes1 so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. :tink:

This is one strange storm. Predictions now put tropical storm winds all the way up to a little south of Dallas. :scared: Currently, it's predicted to make landfall at Corpus late Friday night/early Saturday morning. It's then predicted to re-enter the Gulf and skirt the coast, remaining a Cat. 3 storm into Sunday and Monday making additional landfalls along the way. This would be the first time ever a hurricane has made multiple landfalls in Texas. The Gulf waters are around 90 degrees...very warm waters encouraging major development. We're along the edge of the line to receive up to 24 inches of rain in addition to the tropical storm force winds. Some coastal communities are under mandatory evacuation now. It's gonna be a l-o-n-g weekend. :rolleyes: We've been lucky SO many times in recent years; hope that luck continues and all the preparations are for nothing!:rolleyes: Friday volleyball game has been moved from 6 PM to noon tomorrow and then we'll be homebound until next week. ::yes:: :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter