Where is bottom?

have often been told to just keep looking by brokers. They are horrible about trying to keep track of what the majority of people are looking for and reaching out.
Brokers work for the sellers, not the buyers. It's also likely that a broker is not going to go out of their way to hook someone up looking for a price at the lower end of the current range.

Brokers work for the sellers, not the buyers. It's also likely that a broker is not going to go out of their way to hook someone up looking for a price at the lower end of the current range.
As the other poster and I were discussing, it's a missed opportunity not to keep in contact with a buyer that requests. If agents would notify potential buyers of listings near their desired goals it has the opportunity to increase the number of offers and actually drive prices up. Therefore, they are actually improving their function to represent the seller.

I thought only direct member could go on Top of the world lounge these days. I am a resale BLT owner and could not go.

Since it reopened in 2022, you are correct that you must be eligible for membership extras to visit TOTWL…staying at BLT is no longer enough.

As the other poster and I were discussing, it's a missed opportunity not to keep in contact with a buyer that requests. If agents would notify potential buyers of listings near their desired goals it has the opportunity to increase the number of offers and actually drive prices up. Therefore, they are actually improving their function to represent the seller.
I agree with what you are saying to a point. As a home realtor you are probably dealing with clients near you looking to buy near you. An aggressively priced DVC listing can prob get 20 bidders from 10 states in the first hour. While I am not excusing poor service, I do understand how service on both ends doesn't probably equal a normal housing transaction.

I do agree that that brokers would benefit their customers by better communication. I think if any of the DVC brokers actually put some $$$ into technology they could leapfrog the others. But it's a small circle of brokers that seem to get a majority of the business and they don't want to invest I guess.

I do agree that that brokers would benefit their customers by better communication. I think if any of the DVC brokers actually put some $$$ into technology they could leapfrog the others. But it's a small circle of brokers that seem to get a majority of the business and they don't want to invest I guess.
Actually I think dvcresalemarket.com has put a lot of money into technology for there business and listings. They have probably the best website that I have found, since there listings are the easiest to search, have you looked at the other websites of brokers? Most of them are very basic and are hard to search.

Agreed theirs is definitely nice & easy to use, but a "DVC Search Engine" site is supposed to grab all of them from every broker site out there, & if it works correctly that is your best bet... but they are hard to find and not always as up to date or as helpful as they could be.
Yes you can, but I was responding to someone who said if any broker put actual money into a DVC website they would leap ahead of all the others....... which dvcresalemarket.com did and pretty much took over the DVC listing business from a lot of other established brokers..... like the one that use to sponsor this board. You have to give the owners credit, they saw the potential of DVC resales and expanded on it greatly.

Actually I think dvcresalemarket.com has put a lot of money into technology for there business and listings. They have probably the best website that I have found, since there listings are the easiest to search, have you looked at the other websites of brokers? Most of them are very basic and are hard to search.
It's an easy website to search. Not sure what else there is of value. If I was one of these brokers I'd have an app. The moment a listing came in it goes to all BWV searchers first via the app. If you want BWV you get first crack. 30m later it goes to all app holders. 60m later it's on the website. Having to have the app creates a benefit for everyone. This is true especially considering not all the big DVC brokers will invest in an app.

Honestly, I've found most broker's websites haven't changed much since 2009 since i first looked. And that's fine. I almost prefer a simple website to dvcresalemarket.com where the whole first impression is GIANT video.

EDIT: After watching all the dvcresalemkt vidoes the guy in purple near the GF could get me to buy some points :)

Last edited:
It's an easy website to search. Not sure what else there is of value. If I was one of these brokers I'd have an app. The moment a listing came in it goes to all BWV searchers first via the app. If you want BWV you get first crack. 30m later it goes to all app holders. 60m later it's on the website. Having to have the app creates a benefit for everyone. This is true especially considering not all the big DVC brokers will invest in an app.

Honestly, I've found most broker's websites haven't changed much since 2009 since i first looked. And that's fine. I almost prefer a simple website to dvcresalemarket.com where the whole first impression is GIANT video.

EDIT: After watching all the dvcresalemkt vidoes the guy in purple near the GF could get me to buy some points :)
This broker does have an app. You put in your parameters and will receive push notifications when a listing matching your parameters is uploaded.

Since it reopened in 2022, you are correct that you must be eligible for membership extras to visit TOTWL…staying at BLT is no longer enough.
I look forward to the AK Club rooms only allowing Club access to those who bought direct. Or, maybe they’ll say they have access but only those who bought direct can get food.

I look forward to the AK Club rooms only allowing Club access to those who bought direct. Or, maybe they’ll say they have access but only those who bought direct can get food.

They can’t do that as those are declared units that are part of the POS

TOTWL is a commercial space and the POS explains that owners have no right to use it. It’s no different than any other commercial space like a store or restaurant at any other resort.

It is not funded by dues either. So completely different situation.

They can’t do that as those are declared units that are part of the POS

TOTWL is a commercial space and the POS explains that owners have no right to use it. It’s no different than any other commercial space like a store or restaurant at any other resort.

It is not funded by dues either. So completely different situation.
Isn’t Topolino’s a commercial space as well? We’re RR owners and love it, but that makes me a tad nervous…

Isn’t Topolino’s a commercial space as well? We’re RR owners and love it, but that makes me a tad nervous…

Yes, it is and we as RIV owners don’t have any say in what that is used for as it commercial.

We don’t pay for that space as owners but it’s leased to Disney to have a restaurant there. They could change that at any time.

Where do you think DVC resort resale point costs will be? Here are some of my guesses:

VB $49 a point
HH $55 a point
AUL $80 a point
OKW $80 a point
AKV $83 a point
Riviera $118 a point
VGF $138 a point

Is this too “sky is falling”?
Well, I got one of those $80 OKW contracts, but that will be 6 weeks ago tomorrow. Doesn’t look like any are going for any less, and a few are a good bit higher (even new listings), so…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter