Where to purchase fabric online?

Happy Mom2

DIS Veteran
I've had my sewing machine for 7 years, but I am starting to actually use it! :) There are not a lot of places to purchase fabric around here... only a Hobby Lobby and a local fabric store. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an online store to purchase fabric from. :confused3

TIA

How much experience do you have sewing? If not much, I would recommend you buy cheap cotton fabrics for practice before investing in ordering fabrics with the additional costs for shipping and so forth.

I have not ordered online, but have looked at several sites--just google fabric or even a specific fabric. (ie, I was looking for train related fabrics and googled "train fabrics" and got lots of choices)

Also JoAnns (www.joann.com) has fabric online--lots and lots of choices. And some Walmarts still carry fabric in store. Also check Craig's list for fabric or yard sales where someone might be clearing out their fabric stock.

http://allegrofabrics.com./ has cute fabric, so does fabric.com. If you know the name of the pattern of fabric you want go to Fatquartershop.com, watch how you order because some places online sell in gtr yard not full yard, so when you check out you would have to order 4 qtrs to get a full yard. Also check ebay if you know the maker and print you want. Quiltshops.com will help you find the print you want (if you know the name) at different places. Here is another site where I have gotten fabric samples from; http://warmbiscuit.com/fabrics.html

If you are looking for fashion fabric as well as crafting/quilting fabric, may I suggest either Fabric.com or Hancocks-Paducah.com or DenverFabrics.com

(Fabric.com is a sponsor of the American Sewing Guild.)

Defessa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter