Which deck on the Fantasy?

bcwife76

DisneyMomma
So it looks like we are changing our upcoming January cruise from the Wonder to the Fantasy.

But I know nothing about the Fantasy (have only been on the Wonder thus far). I know we want to keep our room category, deluxe oceanview with verandah. Midship rooms are all taken so I want aft (don't want forward) so which deck should we choose - 8, 9 or 10? Does it make much of a difference?

I stayed on 9 and it was a great location IMO. If I were you I would pick 9 again. Deck 8 is not a bad location so I would keep that in the running as well. Deck 10 gets a little more noise from deck 11 than the other two decks, so I wouldn't pick 10.

Personally I like to be towards the middle of the decks. We have stayed deck 7 Forward twice and it was perfect. It allowed us to not take the elevator most of the trip as we were typically heading to dinner or the theater on deck 3 or 4, or we were heading to the pool etc.... on 11 or 12. Only having 4 flights up or down wasn't bad. Coming out of the theater at night with 1000 other people and having to go to 10 wouldn't have been fun.

We are staying on deck 7 since its mid ship (we will have kids that utilize the kids club and DH and I used the adult sections on top deck a lot on our first cruise)

So it looks like we are changing our upcoming January cruise from the Wonder to the Fantasy.

But I know nothing about the Fantasy (have only been on the Wonder thus far). I know we want to keep our room category, deluxe oceanview with verandah. Midship rooms are all taken so I want aft (don't want forward) so which deck should we choose - 8, 9 or 10? Does it make much of a difference?
8> 10 are all fine.

On deck 10 you can have public areas above your room that can cause noise on different times of the day and night. Like cleaning the pool deck and chairs being moved around etc. Also, on deck 10 you have a rather prominent overhang from deck 11 directly above your veranda. It is great for providing shade, but might make you feel closed in. We had a room on deck 9 and loved that as the overhang was not so noticeable. In my opinion unless you are used to regularly climbing lots of stairs, the Fantasy has too many decks for any stateroom being convenient for the lower and the higher public areas. On the Magic we loved deck 6 as it was a few floors up or down to get to everywhere. On the Fantasy deck 7 would mean that you have to go up 4 decks from the atrium to your room and 4 decks up from your room to Cabanas. From deck 9 it is two easy floors up to the pool and Cabanas from your room, so we never took an elevator up there.

One thing you should keep in mind when you say you want aft: The aft elevators of the Fantasy open directly into Cabanas, not onto the pool deck.

In Order I would choose 8, 9, 10. I would 9, 8, 10 if I was going to spend more time on the pool deck than just about anywhere else. However my caveat is this assumes use of the stairs and not elevator. The reason deck 10 is last for me is the direct overhang above from the pool deck, so you don't really get to "look up" and see anything.

Thanks everyone! Ok so deck 10 is out. 8 or 9 it is.

We like deck 6 on the Wonder - this is the deck we stayed on on our first cruise and it's the deck we're currently booked on for January (which is the cruise that is being moved). It felt 'odd' having more decks to choose from for the Fantasy lol

Here are some photos from Deck 10 forward (we were directly under Rainforest so we had the overhang which we loved for the shade) on the Starboard side. It was awesome.

We always go starboard and have stayed on decks 6, 9 and 10 on the Fantasy either midship or forward. There was one time we were aft on deck 9 that we did not care for. IMG_0567.JPG IMG_0581.JPG

Alright, went ahead and changed our cruise, deck 9 starboard. Fantasy here we come!!!!!

Now, to change my tickers and siggy.....:rotfl:

And to change my cruise groups......

actually we love 10 aft. You are one flight up to the pool deck and cabanas. The overhang never really bothered us and never heard any noise issues. If anything the overhang gives you some shade on the verandah

We are staying on deck 10 aft this coming trip. I don't think the overhang will be an issue for me. I like to look out ahead at the water, not up. Plus a little shade would be nice too. Thanks for the tips all!

Well I've gone ahead and made this post moot - we changed our cabin to an oceanview to save a bit of $ lol Now with the money we have 'saved' we are flying in a day early (technically two days early but our flight will arrive at night) and are going to stay at WDW (Value resort) and explore the parks for a day (probably just walking around outside and doing all the 'free' stuff as I can't stomach the $396USD it would cost for the 4 of us to go to Epcot for one day - that's just over $500Canadian with the current exchange rate!)

We have stayed deck 9 port forward (oceanview deluxe family stateroom; 8B) on the Dream (B2B) and really liked it: easy access to upper decks via the stairs, the laundry room was nearby, and it was easy to walk down the stairs to get to lower floors. Walking up the stairs from the lower decks was a little challenging, so we didn't do that too often :-) But the forward elevators are usually less busy that the mid, so not a problem.

Enjoy your cruise !

Well I've gone ahead and made this post moot - we changed our cabin to an oceanview to save a bit of $ lol Now with the money we have 'saved' we are flying in a day early (technically two days early but our flight will arrive at night) and are going to stay at WDW (Value resort) and explore the parks for a day (probably just walking around outside and doing all the 'free' stuff as I can't stomach the $396USD it would cost for the 4 of us to go to Epcot for one day - that's just over $500Canadian with the current exchange rate!)
Angela you are going to love the Fantasy! Enjoy your trip.

Jack

Sounds like the kind of choice I would make!! I love porthole rooms as I feel that I actually enjoy seeing the ocean more directly from inside the room (no verandah "blocking" my view) and sometimes I prefer the nice air conditioned room to the warm air outside.

There is plenty of stuff to do at WDW even without going to the parks: Explore some of the resorts (at Animal Kingdom Lodge, you can even view animals), play mini golf, explore Disney Springs. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks Jack! I hope you and the family had a wonderful cruise on the Vista last week!
We did thanks. It was different than DCL but we had a great time on an amazing ship. We never thought we could enjoy another ship as much as the Fantasy but the Vista is right there. I'm so happy for you guys, enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter