Which hotel if similar price?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
We are going in June and only need 1 night and honestly all the express hotels are fairly close together in price and not sure which one to pick. Any pros and cons? Royal Pacific vs. Portofino vs. Hard Rock

Am travelling with a 17 year old and 10 year old.

Jenn

Maybe read the hotel sticky forum to see pictures of the hotels and what they have to offer their guests

WIth only 1 night, you might not be spending a ton of time in the room/around the hotel. If that's the case I would go with proximity to the parks. As barb969 mentioned, HRH and RPR are closest to the parks.

RPR is closest to Islands of Adventure (5-10 min walk). HRH is closest to Studios (5-10 min walk).

If you will be spending some time at the resort (like in the pools or whatnot) HRH might be most enjoyable for the 17 year old (it's a bit more lively with Music at the pool).

Either way you can't go wrong.

With no planned pool time, I'd pick HRH or RP. With planned pool time, we definitely prefer the Portofino Bay pool. The Hard Rock pool is hit or miss, as some prefer the entertainment provided but many others (my family included) hate that the pool is so shallow.

I've stayed a RP several times and the HRH once. I prefer the proximity of the HRH to the parks. The RP is really nice, too. I felt like the HRH was lighter and brighter.

I've heard the PB bathrooms (in hotel rooms) are not well thought out. Everything is in the bathroom (no vanity/sink outside) and clear shower door. So if someone is showering, no access to toilet/sink.

We are going in June and only need 1 night and honestly all the express hotels are fairly close together in price and not sure which one to pick. Any pros and cons? Royal Pacific vs. Portofino vs. Hard Rock

Am travelling with a 17 year old and 10 year old.

Jenn
If your 17 year old is interested in pop memorabilia then maybe HRH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter