Which is a better choice - Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach?

I had the same dilemma for my upcoming trip, and I chose CBR for the Skyliner and the fact that CBR was recent refurbished. I also like the tropical theme better.

The rooms at CSR were just refurbished and they are beautiful.

And call me crazy but I'd rather not risk getting stuck on the skyliner for 4 hours. I so don't want to be one of the guests that that happens to!

The refurbishment isn’t just the rooms, it’s the whole Centertown area, although CBR does have the new tower as well.

I do think it is crazy to miss out on fun experiences due to fear of what could happen, but maybe that is just me. I will happily take the risk. Heck, why would anyone ever go to Disney World? The car or plane could crash!

Either resort will be fun. It just a matter of whether you like South American theming or Caribbean theming. Both have good dining options and similar layouts.

I had the same dilemma for my upcoming trip, and I chose CBR for the Skyliner and the fact that CBR was recent refurbished. I also like the tropical theme better.
The rooms at CBR haven't been refurbished in a few years, though. It's the lobby and food court that were redone recently. I hope the room refurbs are coming soon, because I think that would make CBR a winner every time now that it has the skyliner.

The last room renovation at CBR was 2015. Not crazy long ago, but they are starting to look worn.

Hi,
I will be going for a week in February with my 2 daughters (15 and 18) and while we are very familiar with the Deluxe resorts, the only moderate we have stayed at is POFQ. I would like to try something different this time though and try someplace new. The price I am finding looks to be the same for a standard room (not a tower room) at each and I'm wondering which people prefer. Caribbean will have skyliner so I know that might be nice to have another transportation option? Other than that, what do I need to compare between the two? Is Bus service to parks similar? Food options similar? we are more "hot tub people" than pool people otherwise I would even consider staying at Art of Animation to save a few dollars...Any input would be appreciated :)
Ideally I would love to stay at one of these for most of the week and then maybe a night or two at the end at a club level somewhere if I can find it ... Thank you!

Been to Disney 25+ times over the years and have stayed in every level of resort on property. The only one we DID NOT return to after an initial stay is CBR, although admittedly our stay there was more than 20 years ago so obviously there have been changes. Of all the moderates we liked POFQ the best but a close second is Coronado Springs and that was before the room refurbishments and addition of the tower and its associated amenities. Our son and his GF stayed last year and loved it as well.

I would choose CSR...more appeal to kids of your age.skyliner takes over 20 minutes and you can be there by bus from CSR. I really don't get the whole skyliner thing anyhow. food court good and found rooms really nice plus with the new tower added I think would be worth a shot

I would choose CSR...more appeal to kids of your age.skyliner takes over 20 minutes and you can be there by bus from CSR. I really don't get the whole skyliner thing anyhow. food court good and found rooms really nice plus with the new tower added I think would be worth a shot

Skyliner should take less than 20 minutes. By the time you get there in skyliner you could still be waiting for a bus.

I like CSR's rooms and resort feel better, but I feel the need to pay for either tower or preferred rooms there. I'm going back to CBR on my next trip just because of the skyliner. It will be my first trip that the skyliner is open for.

We are trying out Gran Destino at CSR - very excited.

If the Riviera wasn't DVC, we'd try that also. I don't like the looks of the rest of CBR.

The skyliner wouldn't really be tempting for us until all the Epcot construction is done. You can only take it to Epcot and DHS. Epcot is now Wallcot and we won't spend as much time there as we normally do. DHS is my least favorite park, even with Galaxy's Edge. Still have to take bus to MK, Disney Springs and AK. So transportation between CBR and CSR for us is a wash. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter