Which is best dvc resort for 8 year old daughter/dad trip?

If she likes to swim, Beach Club.

If she is going to enjoy Magic Kingdom the most, choose a monorail resort within your budget.

If she appreciates animals, choose Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo.

You really cannot go wrong with any of them.

I would suggest any of the monorail resorts for the transportation options to MK and Epcot. Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary would be my first choice with the dining options and excitement of the monorail in the tower, and the ability to walk to/from MK. Villas at Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek would also be another fun option. My kids are older and they still prefer the monorail resorts over all others.

I did a daddy/daughters trip a couple of years ago with my two. It was very last minute so I pieced together a trip hours before we left. We stayed at OKW (their least favorite), AKL and BWV. We own at BWV so I knew they love it there. Having a vehicle was a must for this type of split stay. They absolutely loved AKL and have asked to return (and we have). I'd show your DD a list of all of the resorts that fit your budget and let her weigh in on the decision.

When are you going? Do you own points yourself (where?) or are you intending to rent. Often, with DVC, the answer is "the resort that is available when you book."
Looking to go earl may or late April - never done this but looking to rent - I get it , beggars can’t be choosers!

Looking to go earl may or late April - never done this but looking to rent - I get it , beggars can’t be choosers!

You might find a confirmed reservation for your time....you may not. DVC reservations are generally made seven to eleven months out from travel....with popular resorts getting booked up before the seven month window. So you are looking for someone who booked a reservation that they can't use, or booked one as a "spec rental" and hasn't rented it yet. And you are competing with everyone who is also looking for that reservation. Your choices this close to travel are likely to be slim or none - but better because you have at least some flexibility in dates.

Make a cancellable hotel reservation so you have somewhere to stay if you never find anything.

You might find a confirmed reservation for your time....you may not. DVC reservations are generally made seven to eleven months out from travel....with popular resorts getting booked up before the seven month window. So you are looking for someone who booked a reservation that they can't use, or booked one as a "spec rental" and hasn't rented it yet. And you are competing with everyone who is also looking for that reservation. Your choices this close to travel are likely to be slim or none - but better because you have at least some flexibility in dates.

Make a cancellable hotel reservation so you have somewhere to stay if you never find anything.
This 100%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter