Which park to skip?

tiggerlvr27

Mouseketeer
We are only going to be at the World for a full 3 days. If you had to skip a park, which one would it be?:confused3
I thought about trying to do AK and DS in the same day. Would it be difficult to do that?
Thanks!:worship:

You can open AK, then move to DHS at noon easliy-then you can see Fantasmic as well. Otherwise we would skip AK if pressed for an answer.

I have done AK and DS in the same day and it can be done, but you do have to be pretty fast in order to get on the good rides at Animal Kingdom and the Studios. New attractions like Toy Story Mania at the Studios can have wait times over 2 hours by the afternoon (and fastpasss may be gone), so if you want to do both parks in one day, you would have to probably leave out a couple rides.

If you don't feel up to doing both parks in one day (the traveling time to go to another park in the same day takes time out of your day) then I would leave out Animal Kingdom.

Hope everything works out!:thumbsup2

Personally if I had to skip one, it would be Studios. But it shouldn't be a problem doing two in a day as long as you don't have to hit every ride and exhibit. I usually go to Studios for a few hours, then take the boat to Epcot for the rest of the day. On a typical 4 day trip, I'll do MK one day, AK one day, Epcot 1 1/2 days, Studios 1/2 day. Give me another day, and I would throw in AK again.

Epcot has long been my favorite park, but AK is a near-tie. MK isn't far behind...always a classic and a can't miss for me. Studios doesn't really hold my interest - maybe hit a ride or two and I'm outta there.

That's what's great about WDW - lots of selection for all different tastes!

We had the same dilemma. We were going to AK until we remembered the Studios has the new Toy Story ride so now we're going there instead (don't have hopper passes so we can't go to both). Good luck with whatever you decide!

You can definitely do AK and DHS in the same day. If I had to skip one though it would be AK. We usually only go there for about 3 hours anyway. My kids aren't into the animals anymore. Too many great rides at all the other parks to miss! :goodvibes

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks everyone! Still confused but that is okay. DH won't ride EE at AK and really that is the one ride I wouldn't want to miss if we went there. We are doing Fantasmic the one night at DS and I would like to try Toy Story out, but just about everything else is okay to me. See why I am confused...:eek:
Hey I'll be at Disney so everything will work out!:laughing:

If I had to skip one it would be AK. I didn't find DHS boring at all. You could always go ride EE and then go to DHS.

If short for time would also skip AK :idea: .

You would have enough time to do both if you were at AK for the rope drop :yay: (if EE is a no go for your DD head straight to KS as the fastpasses tend to go quick) and then head to DHS later in the day :wizard: . Fantasmic is a must :cloud9:

Enjoy it.....:banana:

Well I rountinely skip MK! Last trip for three days I went to Epcot several times, AK once and DHS twice!

AK is actually my second favorite park.

I would skip DHS anyday, but I can do the things I like there in just a few hours.

I would skip AK-neither of my kids enjoyed it. I wouldn't want to skip DHS though-not with Toy Story Mania open now!

We love DHS, in fact, it is the one park that we can stay at all day, there are many shows that are shaded or indoors, so no matter the weather, there is enough to do. Good luck and have a great time! :goodvibes

We really love AK but are skipping in in October because of a short trip. You definitely could do AK in the morning, stay til lunch and then head over to Studios. You could still see most of the main attractions.

Also, it depends if you have kids or not. At AK, my kids loved "The bug show", "Flights of Wonder", the safari, Lion King show is great. Skip Nemo, it is not worth the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter