Which resort is a never or never again for you?

I think I may be the only one so far with this opinion!

For me, the more gaudy, in-your-face, a-Disney-movie-threw-up-in-here theming the better. I want the giant statues, brightly coloured everything, whimsical furniture, music blaring, I want to be inside a cartoon!
I hereby bestow upon you my entire lifetime's share of stays at the Values.

Can I have your share of elegant resort stays?

If so, we've got a deal, and the Earth can rotate smoothly, evenly balanced. 😁

Didn’t care for CBR, POR or Boardwalk. We love BC/YC, GF and the Polynesian. The one we thought we would never like we ended up really loving- the Contemporary!

Grande Floridian. Rooms are pretty basic, pretty lobby, meh pools, and to be honest, kind of a stuffy crowd.

just not worth the money.
Stuffy? ME stuffy?

:::: pointing up left at avatar ::::

I'll have you know I've sauntered about the GF wearing the very unstuffy attire you see pictured. (And the white Happy Holidays necklace flashes Christmas red, green and blue as does the Mickey Santa head below that.)

Hmmmph! :::: stalking off in a stuffy huff :::: 😁

I think I may be the only one so far with this opinion!

For me, the more gaudy, in-your-face, a-Disney-movie-threw-up-in-here theming the better. I want the giant statues, brightly coloured everything, whimsical furniture, music blaring, I want to be inside a cartoon! So I would never select any of the more elegant options, or resorts with a theme that isn't very heavy on IP.

Call me crazy! :banana:
Sure: Crazy! 🤣
I kid, I like all the resorts.
The image of Disney movies throwing up colorful, giant characters made me laugh so hard, I must have looked like a crazy person to the family around me. I guess we're alike in that way, too.

i've only stayed at 3 disney resorts which were French Quarter, Carribean Beach, and Saratoga Springs. out of those three Carribean Beach was my least favorite mainly because of all the bus stops. I'm gonna be doing a split stay next week at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West. Hope i like them especially OKW since that is now my home resort :)

Swan/Dolphin for me. If I'm going to pay Disney prices, I want Disney theming. None at those resorts. I love this thread!!

Any of the All Stars. Stayed there once for our honeymoon 16 years ago and we decided we would never do that again. It wasn't worth the price then, and with the prices they are now charging, I definitely wouldn't pay it.

For me, anything that is a "tower". That just does not seem Disney to me.
Interesting since the first one to open, CR, was a tower. I guess they did enough non-towers after that to make that more the standard.

Interesting since the first one to open, CR, was a tower. I guess they did enough non-towers after that to make that more the standard.
True, CR was labeled a tower almost from the first.

However, I think the meaning of "tower" today is a building that looks like a high-rise.

To me, BLT is a small-t tower whereas the CR is the Tower. (Yeah, makes no sense, I know. :rolleyes: )

I have stayed at Pop (when the kids were little), ASMusic (when it was brand new, I had just graduated HS), Poly (back when you could get buy 4 nights get 3 free), AKL Jambo (pool view with bunk beds & Savannah view), Saratoga Springs (stayed a couple of nights after a Vero trip to do Discovery Cove & DS, no parks), AOA (one night LM room before moving to BWV), BWV Studio, Yacht Club (water view), HHI & Vero Beach.

I loved things about every resort and would not say that I would never return to any of them. The main reason for no longer doing values is that my kids are 16 & 20 and we need the space. Also, I am older and can now splurge on it.

Now I would not stay in certain room categories. No LM at AOA. I’m so glad this was only one night. No more studios, too cramped for 4 adults. Any value I would have to get a suite or 2 rooms if all of my family went.

We are staying at BLT in a 2 bedroom in 1.5 months. I’m really hoping I love it. My DH‘s next request is WL at Christmas so that resort will be on the agenda soon.

I don't have any that I would never stay at again. I've had a few stays where the room a/c was uncomfortable - Poly regular room and Saratoga studio - and I prefer POR over POFQ. Other than that my needs are simple and all my other stays the rooms have met or exceeded my expectations.

It's hard for me to say that I would never stay at either of the following resorts again if they had better deals than other resorts...which is not going to happen😉.

1. Beach Club...when I stayed there I paid a hefty price and obviously the room was in real need of renovations...a couple of pieces of furniture were actually broken. It didn't ruin my vacation, but, basically I don't go out of my way to try and get back there...I'm not a big pool person and, as with the other 2 EP resorts, theming isn't as great as other disney resorts IMO. When I stay in the EP area, I tend to stay at BWI now since there are usually more discounted rooms available.

2. Polynesian DVC studio. I remember when a friend and I went to Disney a very long time ago and stayed at a regular Polynesian room, we absolutely loved all the space and the huge bathroom. Years later when we stayed in a DVC studio, we didn't like all the space that the 2nd bathroom took up. I can see families would love the Xtra bath, but for me I'd rather have the extra floor space.

P.S.....I've never stayed at the Contemporary tower and really doesn't appeal to me given the overall noise level. Also, I can never justify the price, even discounted, for a room at the Grand Floridian. And, finally, the All Star resorts have never appealed to me. I'm always afraid I'll end up there when there is some sports group or cheering groups there....again I try to avoid the possibility of too much noise....thats why when I do go to Disney, I always try to research as much as possible what's going on and when.

We have stayed at all the values, POR, CSR, OKW, Poly, WL, AKL,BWV and the Swan.

We only stay at the values for a night at the beginning or end of the trip depending when the plane is getting in or leaving. There were always four of us and we wanted more room and different amenities.

I guess never again would prob be the Poly or Boardwalk while prices are what they are. Our income didn’t increase anywhere near the rate of the hotel price increases and we have different priorities now that we would rather save for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter