Which rides are unsuitable?!!

pauloaxiak

Earning My Ears
Myself, my partner and our five children are visiting DLP for the first time in May. Neither of us like the rollercoaster/thrill type rides and I'm sure our three youngest children won't either!
Please could anyone advise which rides we should avoid as we would hate to queue for them only to find at the last minute that we won't actually like it!!
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi! You will love DLP! How old are your kids? Some of them may just surprise you and really adore those thrill rides, as you put it! I know my daughter has been a Space Mountain and Big Thunder junky since age 8...(And previously I had believed, like you that "she won't like thrill rides"!)
Also, keep in mind that at Disney pretty much all the attractions are "family oriented", so as I said... you just might be surprised and find that at DLP you DO like coasters!

All that said, however, the rides that would fit the "thrill bill" would be Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Big Thunder Mountain. Indiana Jones is the one I would definitely avoid since you are an adult and already know you don't like coasters... Probably avoid SM as well, although as stated before I would let the kids in your group who are tall enough give it a try. (If they show an interest of course - I would NEVER force a child to do anything that didn't feel comfortable, and unfortunately I've seen this happen all too often at the parks...) Big Thunder, on the other hand, might just make a coaster lover of you! There's lots to see, it's well-themed and just a hoot - and a "mild" coaster - not a "scary" one.

At the studios you may want to avoid Rockin'Roller Coaster.. although here again I'd let the kids who want to have a go. It's safe, and it's a big favorite among all ages.

You'll have a blast at the parks even if you never go near a coaster, for sure, so no worries! Have fun, and let us know if you have more questions before you go!

:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

jodyb said:
Hi! You will love DLP! How old are your kids? Some of them may just surprise you and really adore those thrill rides, as you put it! I know my daughter has been a Space Mountain and Big Thunder junky since age 8...(And previously I had believed, like you that "she won't like thrill rides"!)
Also, keep in mind that at Disney pretty much all the attractions are "family oriented", so as I said... you just might be surprised and find that at DLP you DO like coasters!

All that said, however, the rides that would fit the "thrill bill" would be Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Big Thunder Mountain. Indiana Jones is the one I would definitely avoid since you are an adult and already know you don't like coasters... Probably avoid SM as well, although as stated before I would let the kids in your group who are tall enough give it a try. (If they show an interest of course - I would NEVER force a child to do anything that didn't feel comfortable, and unfortunately I've seen this happen all too often at the parks...) Big Thunder, on the other hand, might just make a coaster lover of you! There's lots to see, it's well-themed and just a hoot - and a "mild" coaster - not a "scary" one.

At the studios you may want to avoid Rockin'Roller Coaster.. although here again I'd let the kids who want to have a go. It's safe, and it's a big favorite among all ages.

You'll have a blast at the parks even if you never go near a coaster, for sure, so no worries! Have fun, and let us know if you have more questions before you go!

:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:
Thanks for the info. The children are 13, 9, 6, 6 and 4. The eldest two will no doubt want to try all the rides they can possibly fit in. Not too sure what our youngest will think to the rides. He will just be so excited to see all the Disney characters, he won't be bothered about anything else!!

Hi

Just back from DLP and agree here. Your kids will have an absolute ball at this place. I would say trust your own judgement as to what you think is suitable or unsuitable for your children. There are some rides which can be frightening to one child but exciting to another.

There is good advice given on the leaflets explaining what is and what isnt suitable for your children. Some of the rides require your children to be a certain height. We avoided Indiana Jones, Thunder Mountain and Star Tours rides as my husband and I both suffer from bad backs.

There are plenty of good rides for children eg

Peter Pan
Pirates of the Caribbean (although this can be bumpy and a bit scary).
It's a Small World
Carousel
Pinocchio's House
Flying Elephants (queues can be big here)

My advice to you would be for either you or your partner to try some of the more bumpy rides first along with the older children. Then you could decide if you want the younger children to go on it.

Good luck and have a wonderful time.

My two DDs are "coaster chickens" (unfortunately) and dislike the drop in Pirates of the Caribbean. I would stress here though that 99.9% of children are not bothered by this!! It's not that big, honest!

You are going to have a fantastic time :)

We all love BTM and Pirates especially my five year old, all children are different and you just don't know how they're going to react, probably best if the older ones try the rides out first.
Whilst the little one loves all of the rides and can't wait to try a big coaster, he is now big enough for the RocknRoller, he was scared by the forest in Snow White the first time through, although he won't admit to it now but he was fine in Phantom Manor, pehaps because I'd previously warned him it would be scary.
Armageddon (Disney Studios Park) was a really awful experience for him, I don't think he'll ever agree to do that one again, the effects of water, fire, and smoke, and all the screaming were to much, he was really genuinely frightened, I'd avoid that with the little ones.
Even if you miss out the thrill rides I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. :Pinkbounc

Definitely agree about Armageddon-absolutely awful.My two DSs,then aged 5 and 7 hated this attraction they were really scared by the heat of the flames.DH and I didn't rate it either.You were made to stand outside in a sort of cattle pen thing with everyone pushing and shoving when the doors opened.You then go to another area where you have to stand for ages listening to a CM who explained how we were going to save Earth or some nonsense in French then English.Took forever:faint:
Then you walk into a spaceship type thing and theres smoke,fire,water and lots of noise.Everyone left the ride moaning how bad it was.:sad2:Complete waste of about half an hour.Sorry moan over now :teeth:
Also had a bit of a problem on Phantom Manor-very dark and a bit claustrophobic at the start of the ride,where you enter a room and the lights go out and the floor /walls move- DS age 7 cried throughout.But then you get into cars and go through the Manor which wasn't too scary.The ride itself is very well presented.
Everything else is great and you will have a fab time.
It might be worth buying 'A Brits Guide to Disneyland Paris' which gives detailed descriptions of every ride and age suitability.

You will have a fantastic time :cool1: Our eldest DD first went to DLRP when she was 14 months old. Last year DD 7 and DS 4 both went on Phantom Manor for first time. DD 2 loved Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Teacups and of course It's A Small World.
Only the 2 year old didn't like the queue to Pirates of the caribbean so hasn't done the ride.
So as others have said plenty for all ages :)

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter