Which week of May would you pick..

keliblue

<font color=blue>It's kinda like a constant bad ha
Hello all :hippie:

I want to book our May 08, trip this month and don't know what week to pick... Help !! It will just be DH and myself :hug: We would like to be there when the crowds are at there lowest that month.. Does anyone have experience with May crowds ? Large groups ? . Of course Memorial weekend is out.

thanks all

keliblue :woohoo:

We like to go in May because of the flower show. Next year we will only have a long weekend, and we've picked the first one, and I'll be booking AKV tomorrow. We have gone the week before Memorial Day and that was a good week. We had split that week between BCV and VB. VB was for Memorial weekend. That year, we had perfect weather for both parts.

We've gone on Mother's Day, to the Mothers Day brunch at Epcot, and even that weekend was fine.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We were there for a week from Mother's Day forward this year, and crowd levels were very good. I decided I actually might prefer this time to early December!

We just went the first week in May and it was perfect. Low crowds, not too hot, and the Love Bugs had not arrived yet. (They got there the next week)
We will be back this week in the future.

This is the first year in probably 5 or 6 that we didn't go down in May. We love that time of year. As Sammie said, the first two weeks of the month are the best. The crowds are usually very low and the weather is great. We went the first week of May last year and only had a short rain shower one day and the highs were in the mid-80's. I think we only had a couple of rides that we didn't pretty much walk right on. Even RnR and TT were walk-ons before lunch. As it gets closer to Memorial Day the crowds start increasing.

Thanks all... I was hoping the Dis Vet's could help me with this one.. :grouphug:

There's a chance that MGM's Star Wars Weekends will start as early as the weekend of 5/16 to 5/18/08. The exact dates usually aren't announced until February, though.

This year SWW didn't begin until June due to a big SW fan gathering in California. However, in prior years they have started on the third weekend in May.

When in May do the love bugs typically make their appearance? (I'm not very fond of bugs).:blush: :o

David said they weren't out during the first week, but we saw the bugs when we arrived on 5/20. So, it sounds like they come out around the 2nd or 3rd week. I believe I read they normally last for about 2 weeks.

Thanks. Looks like I will be OK - we'll be on our way home on May 2. DH won't go unless he can be back home in time for the Derby, LOL.

We will be going the 1st week, we were there the 13th-17th this year and the love bugs were there.:eek:

I would only consider the first week of May. Lower crowds (colleges are out the following week), no lovebugs. And the later into the month you go, the hotter it gets.

We have been in the first week of May for the last 3 years and always had good experiences....though really hot these last two years (90+) for several days before cooling down to the normal 80.

We usually go May 20-26th, this year, we used one fast pass at Epcot for Soaring, One at Magic Kingdom and none at MGM. RnRC and TT were both walk ons. I was shocked. The restauants were full. Many were turning people away. Next year we are moving it up a week.

We went May 6th- 18th this year and it wasn't bad at all. During the extra magic hours you trully just walked on rides if that tells you anything.

We were there last May 1-8 and love bugs were all over the place!

We have gone during the first week in may in 2005, 2006, and 2007 and seen only very few of the little critters each time. Never been an issue....I wonder if they are like DVCers and like certain resorts more than others?? :rotfl2: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter