Who Moved My Cheese? Dvc Changes And You

What DVC Change(s) are you least satisfied with?

• Changes to Banking Windows "4 months and your out"

• Changes to Waitlist Process and Policies "Auto book and cancellation"

• Addition of $95 Fee for WDW Resorts-Not DVC "Simplify your life"

• Changes to Pool Temperatures "Red Cross says your lips are supposed to be blue"

• Addition of AP Discount

• Member Events focusing on sales

• Change to check in time to AFTER 4pm

• Emphasis on sales more than current membership

• Increase in Fees for trading out

• Developer Point Restrictions and booking problems

• DVC Marketing: Billboards and Kiosks Saturation

• I am satisfied with DVC and none of these changes affect my Member Satisfaction

Results are only viewable after voting.

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
Ok, Im feeling kind of poll-y tonight so here's another.

What recent DVC Change(s) are you least satisfied with?

I voted that these changes haven't affected my DVC satisfaction. However, I will continue to say that the changes I'd like to see is a fair waitlist (no getting a waitlist day just by calling) and a permanent fix to point morphing.

I guess you could say that I like DVC pretty much as is, if they would just close the loopholes.

I don't see the banking window, outside fees, etc making much impact on my vacation. And we found the pool temperature to be fine this past December. We love the AP discount (has that changed? :eek: ).

So far, these seem like minor tweaks to us.

LisaS, you are right!!

I thought I selected to have it multiple choice.

Do I need to repost or can that be fixed:confused3

Thanks Granny, no the AP discount has not changed. If you are satisfied with that change, then please do not select it.

The check-in time/procedure is the only real issue that affects my enjoyment of the membership.

It only let me make one choice. The banking window was the only realy negetive for me.

I wanted to choose 2 - the banking window I feel is affecting people adversely and they can't do anything about it (unfair IMO), and I dislike the reduced flexibility with the $95 fee. I don't plan on staying at non-DVC resorts a lot, but when they are full or we want to change things up, I don't think we should be penalized with the fee.

Though I haven't personally been affected by changing the check-in time to AFTER 4:00 PM, I do see this having the potential for negatively impacting future stays. To me after 4:00 means nothing since it could cover the amount of time from 4:01 to whenever... In other words DVC is effectively telling us our room will be ready when it's ready without having to commit to a specific deadline. Pretty weasly, IMO.

I've been meaning to list this as a "bad" when potential members ask for good & bad things about DVC in the hope that if enough prospective members bring this up, DVC might be motivated to make a check-in time commitment to members again.

I voted for the waitlist changes, but was is the ap discount change? Haven't heard that rumor yet.

I test badly...is it always pick "C" or "B" on multiple choice;)

great poll:thumbsup2 will have to print out for handy future whine reference:rotfl:

I voted B

What are the new banking windows and AP discount changes? We just bought into DVC last month.

I sometimes think there are "two" theories on DVC memberships.

I am in the "I bought a place to stay" group. I bought in pretty much understanding that this was not like my condo assoication, I had NO say or vote. So I just don't let the "changes" bother me. The only one that has irrrated me is the after 4 check in. Of course the solution is to charge "late stays" and that would create an outcry on here too.... (I mean everyone knows that "the reason I checked out late" is valid :rotfl2: )

(I think the AP Discount was the change from a discount on park tickets to APs. There were a lot of unhappy folks then between the "I can't get a discount for my renters or my grown adult children and thier 10 kids" or the "I never go more then once in a 12 month period" groups.)

Since I couldn't vote for more than one, I chose Emphasis on sales more than current membership as that kind of sums up everything I'm concerned about.

I said new banking rules just because I am still learning the ropes of DVC and now I have to figure this out. It probably is as hard to understand as I am actually making it.:confused3

I voted for the $95 fee, however I would have voted for the price increases for trash and towel and room cleaning if they were included. T&T on a 2 BDRM went from $10 to $25 and cleaning on a 2 BDRM from $40 to $60.

I am not really upset about any of these changes, however I did vote for the AP discount.

I just wish there was some other type of discount for those of us who don't do WDW for more than 10 days in a year. :hourglass

I voted the 4:00 check in...that means that it will turn into 6:00 check in because even at 3:00 sometimes it was as late as 5:00 t0 get in.

At 4:00 it feels like a waisted day of pts mostly when you have been traveling all dya and just want to clean up and rest before heading to the Parks.

The only one that will really affects me is the check-in/room ready AFTER 4pm. After 4pm? :confused3 What time is After 4pm? 5pm,6,7,8,9,10,11...I guess as long as the room is ready before midnight, they don't see a problem and I should be satisfied. :laughing: Sorry for the rant, but flying to Orlando from Hawaii almost always requires an overnight flight, so it would be nice to know when the room will be ready.

I said new banking rules just because I am still learning the ropes of DVC and now I have to figure this out. It probably is as hard to understand as I am actually making it.:confused3

Actually, the new banking rules are much simpler. No 50% and 25% banking deadlines...just the one 100% deadline. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of the ins and outs of ownership if you stick around here! :)

keishashadow said:
I test badly...is it always pick "C" or "B" on multiple choice ;)

great poll :thumbsup2 will have to print out for handy future whine reference :rotfl:

Great comment but c'mon...save a tree! Just add this thread to your Favorites!! Much easier to find for future reference. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter