Who Moved My Cheese? Dvc Changes And You

What DVC Change(s) are you least satisfied with?

• Changes to Banking Windows "4 months and your out"

• Changes to Waitlist Process and Policies "Auto book and cancellation"

• Addition of $95 Fee for WDW Resorts-Not DVC "Simplify your life"

• Changes to Pool Temperatures "Red Cross says your lips are supposed to be blue"

• Addition of AP Discount

• Member Events focusing on sales

• Change to check in time to AFTER 4pm

• Emphasis on sales more than current membership

• Increase in Fees for trading out

• Developer Point Restrictions and booking problems

• DVC Marketing: Billboards and Kiosks Saturation

• I am satisfied with DVC and none of these changes affect my Member Satisfaction

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think what bothers me most is not knowing why the changes are made. If the change in banking rules is really because so many people found the old rules confusing, that's one thing. If it's because DVC is having problems renting rooms for cash, then that says something else about the health of the system. If the $95 fee really represents the increase in costs associated with the service, great. If its intended to discourage members from using the exchange, then that's not so hot. If extending OKW contracts an additional 15 years is a response to demand for DVC, great. If it indicates that they don't plan on any resorts lasting later than 2057 then that could hint at a slow down in growth. My point isn't that any of these reasons are correct, but when they make changes without meaningful explanations, you (Ok, maybe just me) tend to think/dread the worst.

If you are not happy with the $95 fee for WDW Resorts-Not DVC, it has been suggested that we write Disney Vacation Club Member Services/Satisfaction to voice our opinion. I think this is a good idea!

I agree, we need to spearhead a letter and have all members who oppose this not only e-mail but actually print out and mail this to MS. If we could get some help from the board moderator in getting this out to members it would be great. Give me your thoughts and we can proceed from there.

Since no one else has addressed this, I will. There are enough DVC kiosks, the secret is out already! The parks are more crowded than ever! I realize this is good for Disney, but I miss the low crowd times really being low crowds. I will never stop going to Disney, crowds or not, but I wish.... :)

check in at 4pm, we know that now really means 6 or 7
Wasted day

Actually, what I meant to say is that I sent out a letter to MS expressing my disappointment.....I hope others will follow!

Actually, what I meant to say is that I sent out a letter to MS expressing my disappointment.....I hope others will follow!

I would encourage anyone filling out Member Satisfaction Surveys to express their disappointment also. I sent an email too.

I love my DVC, but I planned on using it for a long time, and these changes preclude that so I have to speak up.

I haven't been on these boards, probably most of the summer, and have a real "dumb" question that I hope someone will stear me in the right direction:

Can you tell me where the "official" notice of these new rules are posted ???

Was it in a mailing that I haven't gotten yet, or, somewhere on the DVC web site, or, is it just rumors being addressed????

Thanks in advance...sorry..but Im looking for a quick referrence..Thanks! :grouphug:

The upcoming issue of VM, according to some who have seen an advance copy, will address some of these newer "rumors".

OOPs, I voted wrong. I voted increased trading out fees when really I wanted increased WDW resort trade out fees.

That and the you can't book and stay within the last 4 months of your UY bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter