• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's going first week in Sept.?

TravelingJen24

DVC Member
My husband and I are taking our 20 month old with his cousin who is about the same age and his parents. We are getting a two bedroom suite at the DLH and we can't wait. Who else is excited to go? What do you think the crowds will be like?

We are going w/ our DD'd 3 & 22mths. I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!! I found this past few months that I am a Disney Freak. I wish I would have know that sooner. But I will just deal with it the best way I can. I will just need to get a Disney fix whenever I can. We are staying at the Grand Cal on the concierge level (first try at the conierge stuff). I look everytime I am in a store to see if I can find some Disney stuff to take with us. I am ever buying the lollipops at the Disney store before we go. I figure it's cheeper to buy them outside the park. At this point my DD's have 2 outfits per day all with some Disney thing on them. Did I tell you I CAN"T WAIT!!!

See you in the park!

My BF and I will be heading to California for the FIRST TIME Sept. 3 -10th. We'll be staying at the Candy Cane Inn for the first few nights, then heading to San Deigo for a few nights and then back to Anaheim to wrap up our trip. I'm saving the best for last -- 2 nights at the Grand Californian (theme park view!)

As a former WDW cast member I am anxiously awaiting my first trip to the Land. I think this is the most magical time to visit the only park that Walt stepped foot in -- during the 50th Celebration!

:earsboy:

We are leaving Aug 26th and spending our last 3 days in DL/DCA, 8/31-9/2. I can hardly believe that it is almost here! I expect the parks to be busy but manageable with proper planning, even more so for you going after Labor Day weekend.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We are leaving on Aug 27 and will be in the parks Aug 31 - Sept 4. I can't wait!!!!

We are going 9/16-9/19. Staying at the Desert Inn and Suites.
Anyone know how the crowds should be?

Im currently planning a trip to Disneyland September 5th-13th, Im trying to get a room at the Dl Hotel for 4 nights and rest at a hotel on harbour, Ive never stayed at a Disney hotel yet and I want to before my AP expires.

Anyone else there at this time?

I will be there with my mom and sister. No kids this trip. Cant wait. Was there Feb 05 and stayed at the DH. This time staying at the Travelodge.Going to have breakfast at Gofy's Kitchen.I just hope it not busy.

Wish I could be there! I went the beginning of May & am awaiting surgery for carpal tunnel so no plans in the offing. I will catch up w/some of you at another time though. I live just an hour from DL. I really loved it & thought it was much easier on me physically than WDW. I still have so much to see there but I've only been in this gorgeous state for a little more than a year. Have fun!

September 7-14 for us. I am so excited but really bummed about Screamin, Snow White Show and the Electrical Parade. Oh well, all the more reason to go back next summer before the AP's expire! :cool1:

We are travelling to California for the first time Sept. 3-13. Staying at the Candy Cane Inn the whole time. Hope to go to San Diego Zoo one day, check out Santa Monica another day, do a Hollywood tour another, etc. We are hearing a lot about heavy traffic - should we be worried - we are from Ontario, Canada and not used to lots of traffic jams, etc.?

Sandra and James
::MickeyMo

DisneylandGuy22 said:
*best wishes for a speedy recovery tink*

Thanks. I can't wait to get the surgery & be done w/it. It's been going on since last November 1st.

jwnandsn said:
*We are travelling to California for the first time Sept. 3-13. Staying at the Candy Cane Inn the whole time. Hope to go to San Diego Zoo one day, check out Santa Monica another day, do a Hollywood tour another, etc. We are hearing a lot about heavy traffic - should we be worried - we are from Ontario, Canada and not used to lots of traffic jams, etc.?

Sandra and James*

The traffic in Los Angeles is the worse that I have ever experienced. So strap yourself in for the ride. You cannot possible imagine it. Many people have posted that Laguna Beach is a nice stop but I haven't been there yet. I've only been here a year & cannot stop going to Malibu but I've heard that people traveling would like Laguna Beach. I did a drive through Newport Beach & that's a great touristy town.

Amy&Dan, we will actually overlap with you a few days. We aren't going the first week in September, but will be there the 11th-17th. Six wonderful nights at the Grand Californian, and my DM and DSis will be going for the first time in 6 or more years, and have NEVER stayed onsite before. I cannot wait to show them all the new things DL has now (California Adventures, etc...now that I think of it, I don't even know if my mom has seen Indiana Jones?? :earseek: ), and to show them my GC!

I, too, and really sad about Screamin, Snow White show, and the Electrical Parade...especially for their sake....and especially Screamin -DMom and Dsis would have loved it, and no telling when they will go back... :guilty:
Oh well, save room on Indy for ME!!

DH & DD(20 months) & I are all going Sept. 7-9th and staying at Paradise Pier. Can't wait, DH & I haven't been to DL in 3 years & DD has never been! I grew up 3 miles from DL in Anaheim, so I am very anxious to get back as many things there are so nostalgic for me, i.e. rides, smells, sounds. I hope this week in Sept. won't be too crazy!

I am a bit nervous to go with DD, but very excited as well. Any tips from anyone are more than welcome as this will be a first for me at DL!
:earsgirl:

28 days and counting!

Will actually be in park Sept 1-3 and SO excited. My bf and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary! :love: Im so excited! We are staying at Disneyland Hotel, which be a first for both of us. We are also planning dinner at Blue Bayou and the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet. My major concern is crowds. I was very sad to hear about all the closings, but as long as I have my fireworks, I should be pretty happy. We'll be running around in bride and groom ears, so if you see us....lol. Good luck and much fun on everyones trips.

We will be there from Sept. 1st- Sept. 3rd!!! Then we are driving to Las Vegas and staying there for 3 days. My 8 yr old son, myself, my sister and my father. This is our first trip to Disneyland and we are counting down the days! We are staying at the Ramada Inn Maingate. I am so excited because my son has no idea we are even going to Disneyland. It is a great big surprise. He thinks we are just going to Vegas.

I hope to see some of you at the parks! ::MickeyMo

:cheer2: Disneyland Here We Come!! :cheer2:

Michelle2 said:
Amy&Dan, we will actually overlap with you a few days. We aren't going the first week in September, but will be there the 11th-17th. Six wonderful nights at the Grand Californian, and my DM and DSis will be going for the first time in 6 or more years, and have NEVER stayed onsite before. I cannot wait to show them all the new things DL has now (California Adventures, etc...now that I think of it, I don't even know if my mom has seen Indiana Jones?? :earseek: ), and to show them my GC!

I, too, and really sad about Screamin, Snow White show, and the Electrical Parade...especially for their sake....and especially Screamin -DMom and Dsis would have loved it, and no telling when they will go back... :guilty:
Oh well, save room on Indy for ME!!

Hey Michelle, I will look for you guys, I love your picture! Yeah, my son and I were just talking this morning that with Screamin down, Indy will be our number one ride this trip! Have fun, I have a little girl with blonde hair who ALWAYS has on her Minnie ears so if you see a woman with a child that looks like that staring at you, its probably me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter