• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's going first week in Sept.?

We'll be at the GC from the 8th to the 10th (possibly longer, if I get my way...)! Yeeeehaaaaw! :banana:

I read on mousesavers that HM will be closed on Sept 6th, the day before we go :guilty: , to put up the decor for Halloween. I had also read this on mouseplanet, but was hoping it was bad info. DL site says nothing about it's closure. Anyone have any additional info?
I'll be so sad if it's closed! My family had APs for a few years, (including the 30th anniversary!) and my siblings & I were those teenagers who would scream in the elevator right after the ghost host says, "there are NO windows and NO doors...there's only one way out" and the room goes dark, lightening flashes and you see a skeleton at the top.
Unfortunately, I have grown out of that phase, especially since it would scare and scar my DD for life!

20 Days and counting!

NezzieRella said:
I read on mousesavers that HM will be closed on Sept 6th, the day before we go :guilty: , to put up the decor for Halloween. I had also read this on mouseplanet, but was hoping it was bad info. DL site says nothing about it's closure. Anyone have any additional info?
I'll be so sad if it's closed! My family had APs for a few years, (including the 30th anniversary!) and my siblings & I were those teenagers who would scream in the elevator right after the ghost host says, "there are NO windows and NO doors...there's only one way out" and the room goes dark, lightening flashes and you see a skeleton at the top.
Unfortunately, I have grown out of that phase, especially since it would scare and scar my DD for life!

20 Days and counting!

Right now on the Disneyland website they have HM going down for holiday install beginning on Monday, September 12. I think it was originially going down earlier because when I looked on the schedule at one point for our dates (7-14) it was listed as closed. Looks like mousesavers and mouseplanet might still have the old dates. Hopefully Disneyland's website is the correct one. So it looks like you are in luck!

We'll be there on Sept 5&6- our first overnighter and first time in the Disneyland Hotel. The AP discount was too much to pass up!
As for the crowds, I'm anticipating pretty slow!

Anyone for plannin a Dis Meet first week of Sept since there are quite a few of us gonna be in the parks?

DisneylandGuy22 said:
Im currently planning a trip to Disneyland September 5th-13th, Im trying to get a room at the Dl Hotel for 4 nights and rest at a hotel on harbour, Ive never stayed at a Disney hotel yet and I want to before my AP expires.

Anyone else there at this time?

We are coming Sept. 10 thru the 15th. There will be 20 of us having a mini family reunion. I'm so excited. I have 4 kids, and this time will be the best. my youngest (twin daughters age 3) are finally old enough to take it all in. Last time they were 18 months, and were not really excited about things. This time, they are counting down the days like the older kids. I've made a countdown chain hanging on our kitchen wall, which they love to count and take a link off each day. I've also made matching T-shirts for the 20 of us to wear on our first day in the park. The kids all have travel journals to work on and then look back on. It should be so much fun!

:banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

We're visiting Sept 8-11, staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Considering going to the Premiere Brunch for the unveiling of the Thomas Kinkade Castle picture.

Every time we've thought "this is the last time we'll go as a family" - it isn't!! Our sons are 23 & 25 - they're coming with us and bringing their GFs!!

minniecarousel said:
Every time we've thought "this is the last time we'll go as a family" - it isn't!! Our sons are 23 & 25 - they're coming with us and bringing their GFs!!
I know what you mean - my two oldest are 25 and almost 23 and I still feel guilty if I plan a trip without including them. DS's GF will be meeting up with us half way through our trip as well. But this is the last time for sure!!!

Hope Everyone has awesome trips and low crowds if your goin after labour day :)

14 days and counting for me :) ;)

::MickeyMo We are staying at Paradise Pier from sep5-9 Yay! Well this is our first vacation with DD she is 2 and celebrating her birthday! About HM at first I heard it will be closed but got my package and said it will close from 12-30, I was wondering what food can I take that doesn't spoil? food there is expensive so thats what were going to do, anyway anybody stay at paradise pier lately? I want to know everything, my room kinda sucks have refrigerator but no microwave, whats up with that? we are going to take a mini micro hey anything that can save us money, so we can spend it on Disney stuff LOL
:cheer2: AHHH can't eat, can't sleep, can't wait to go to DISNEYLAND!!!!! :cheer2:

hey disprincess05,
we are staying at PP too, the 6th thru the 9th. i heard that you can request a mini fridge for your room, which is what i'm planning on, cause we are going to try to not eat out for every meal so that we aren't broke by the end of the trip! maybe we'll(me, DH & DD21 months) see you around!

yeah we requested a fridge already but we just have a standard room and those don't come with microwaves! how are we supposed to heat stuff up? even if we do eat there we can store food but not be able to heat it back up which I think is pretty dumb, do you know if there is like a lounge or something all people can use with a microwave in there? :confused3

There is a microwave downstairs in the lounge area. I don't think they would say anything. They have always been very nice. The fact that they don't have microwaves is like anything else at Dis. If you can't reheat then you have to eat again somewhere else.

thanks I really needed to know that we are taking a bunch of snacks but didn't know about the micro thing so I' ll just pack a couple a things I can heat up in the micro we are trying to save as much as we can

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter