Who's going for one last Wishes?

We are going but it isn't for a last trip just to see Wishes. We will be seeing it during that trip for sure.
All in all, while the Wishes song is my favorite I'm actually happy about a new show too. I'll forever miss the music though

I'm sure the new show will be great. Wishes is just one of those sweet, old fashioned things that makes WDW not just another theme park. I love the message behind it.
Anyway, I'm happy we will get to see Tink fly one more time and I hope we grow to love the new show just as much. No matter where we spend the day, we always seem to find ourselves back at MK at night.
For the record, Tink will still fly with the new show, for any that don't know

We'll be there this coming Wednesday to say goodbye. We've seen it maybe 30 some times. I'm looking forward to the new show, but our daughter grew up with Wishes and now that's she's grown, it will be a bit emotional.

i'm local so it doesn't really fit but I've been through to see it a few times. I like change but I have to say, I'm bored with the others so it better be the improvement type of change and not the projections are better than fireworks type of change..

I've actually been recording it a lot for all different locations around WDW. I have a few more I want to get and I'm so far anything from the hub has been on those nights that the wind is just too still and slightly too much humidity that the smoke lingers. i'm kicking myself for not going yesterday during the webcast. for once it looked like they had the perfect night for it with not as much lingering smoke..

One of the first times we saw Wishes around Christmas I turned to DW and told her this was the most Disney thing we had seen. Wishes was my one must do thing. Oh well, I still can listen to it on D-Cot....

This is news to me, is there info on the new show? Makes me "wish" I valued the last time we saw wishes more:guilty:

This is news to me, is there info on the new show? Makes me "wish" I valued the last time we saw wishes more:guilty:
Tons of threads about it, blog posts, etc, from a couple months ago (I'm guessing, may be longer)
Title is Happily Ever After. A search should turn up tons of things

My daughter is turning 10 on May 11 so I planned a trip to surprise her! She loves Wishes. I hope the new show still has a lot of fireworks.

May 11 is also my daughters bday. We will be there about a week earlier celebrating and seeing Wishes!!

Yes! We planned this trip specifically to see Wishes before it's gone!

My daughter worked at Disney World in the college program. She worked in fantasyland and would often do fireworks crowd control - so she really loves Wishes. The last day of Wishes is her bday, too! Our trip is a week or so earlier. Can't wait!

We are not sad, because we had grown tired and bored of wishes, but I know how much of a bummer it can be when one of the little things that makes Disney trips special to your family goes away. I'm still pouting over Winnie the Pooh and Tigger leaving EPCOT and no more plastic cheese at Casey Jr. Little things that aren't super consequential, but because they were part of memories that you made over and over, it can be hard to say goodbye.

When my wife and I read about the travesty that is the demise of Wishes, we literally had a trip booked within 30 minutes. We had to go back and see it one more time. It's been such a special part of our time together in Disney. Standing there in the dark, holding hands, getting choked up when the little girl starts singing.

So... If any of you are in MK next Saturday night, look for the 40 something couple standing there wishing upon a star one last time, and come say hi. And if it appears that I have shed some tears, it is allergy season after all.

Us too!!! When we heard MSE was going away, we booked a trip and went. Saw it a few nights before it ended. Missed the hurricane!
And when Wishes was announced as being over, after tearing up and talking about all our memories with our then younger kids, and just the two of us holding hands and getting all sappy, we decided we must go. And be there for the very last show!!
We will arrive May 9-16. Staying at Yacht Club. And we too will be the 40 somethings with tissues or my husbands sleeve I am quite upset about it. Seems silly to some, but for us there is a lot of meaning and memories in Wishes.

Dang so are MK crowds going to be insane on 5/11? We booked that week because we thought it would be a low crowd week.
I don't think it will be insane, but for that particular evening I'd expect more people than usual to stop and watch Wishes last show as opposed to those who use that as a good time to ride rides with less of a wait.

We are not sad, because we had grown tired and bored of wishes, but I know how much of a bummer it can be when one of the little things that makes Disney trips special to your family goes away. I'm still pouting over Winnie the Pooh and Tigger leaving EPCOT and no more plastic cheese at Casey Jr. Little things that aren't super consequential, but because they were part of memories that you made over and over, it can be hard to say goodbye.

We love Wishes. And I too am missing liquid gold at Caseys! I had to really try hard and eat my bunless hotdog and fries without it!

Just happenstance, but we have a trip planned before it ends, and will definitely see Wishes more than once as we love it. Would not have just planned a trip around it though!

We're going for two MK days on 4/13 and 15 just so DH and I can say goodbye to Wishes.

I dread the day they announce the end of Illuminations. That is DH's absolute favorite thing in WDW (and possibly the entire world). We will have to get APs for all the goodbye trips we will need.

I will not get a chance to see it again, but have many happy memories, so that will have to be enough ❤️ The rest of the family is ready for the next show, it's only me hanging onto my beloved Wishes.

We will be going for a quick weekend, adult only trip soon to say goodbye! It will definitely be a sad evening for sure, just as it was with the Osborne lights. We have such great memories of Wishes. Here's hoping the new show is just as good!

I looked into it, but we couldn't swing it. I cried during the live stream the other night. I hope everyone enjoys it one last time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter