Who's going in 09?

What makes you think they "screwed up"? We don't know that is going to happen to the location known as PI. It could end up being even better than the old venue. DTD in Anaheim is beautiful, and no clubs. I watched an interesting documentary the other day on the closing of the Roxy in NYC. The owner basically said the days of clubs are pretty much over, and he followed by saying you can thank the Internet for that. Time will tell if the new and improved PI is better than the old one, but until we actually know what changes are taking place, I wouldn't say they "screwed up".

Blah, blah, blah.

Yeah. They screwed up. If only by closing the Adventurers Club.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

And don't try telling me that what they bring in to replace it will be better, because it was perfect just the way it was.

One think I have learned hanging around the Mouse House is "Change is Good!" Not my slogan, but they are pretty big on mixing things up every now and then.

To quote Walt....

"Disneyland will never be complete. As long as there is creativity in the world, it will continue to grow."

Now while I will agree that closing the AC may have been a downer, you have to admit the whole concept of PI had outgrown its day. Anytime you have a venue at a family theme park where you have to hire 50 off duty cops just to patrol the streets is a problem. We could debate where they went wrong till the end of time. But I for one will wait to see what they do with that area till I pass judgment on wether is was a wise move or not.

Hi All! Me and my DH, and our neighbors across the street are going Jan 24 - 28. We booked 2 studios at SSR. They have their left over 3 days base tickets so we are going to 3 parks.

Hello..

I am new to the boards... My first trip for 2009 will be for my birthday!! Jan. 15 to the 18 of Jan. maybe the 19th. I am very excited. I hope to go again in June to celebrate my graduation!!

:mickeyjum

Hello..

I am new to the boards... My first trip for 2009 will be for my birthday!! Jan. 15 to the 18 of Jan. maybe the 19th. I am very excited. I hope to go again in June to celebrate my graduation!!

:mickeyjum

:welcome: and :bday: !!

Where will you be staying at Disney?

:welcome: and :bday: !!

Where will you be staying at Disney?

Hi... Thanks for the welcome and the Birthday!!

Not sure where I am staying yet. All the FL resident discount hotel rooms are gone and they are a bit pricy for my birthday budgets... have a longer graduation trip planned in June. So I might have to stay off site :(

Hi... Thanks for the welcome and the Birthday!!

Not sure where I am staying yet. All the FL resident discount hotel rooms are gone and they are a bit pricy for my birthday budgets... have a longer graduation trip planned in June. So I might have to stay off site :(

Keep checking on the FL res discount, as well as AAA if you're a member. They've got the 4/3 deal, but that's only good if you're comming for a week (might save you money in June).

Also don't forget the first weekend of June is Gayday, so that can be a fun time :thumbsup2

Keep checking on the FL res discount, as well as AAA if you're a member. They've got the 4/3 deal, but that's only good if you're comming for a week (might save you money in June).

Also don't forget the first weekend of June is Gayday, so that can be a fun time :thumbsup2

Yeah one minute I saw the POP Century and the next it was gone :(

Yeah am going to miss Gaydays.. my graduation is the 19th so I am doing a week after graduation.

Where are you guys staying UKMark? 4 of us will be at SSR Jan 24- 28.

Any other Friends of Dorothy going? My partner and I will be there with my parents and brother and family to celebrate a 50th anniversary (my parents). Would be cool to hang out with some "family" guys and gals.

:grouphug:

Hey All!

I'm a newcomer...just poking my head in and saying hello!

My girlfriend and I will be staying at Pop Century from Jan 12-16, with a group from my college. It was a great deal we couldn't pass up...and since it's her first time at WDW, it will be twice the fun showing her around. :)

Hey All!

I'm a newcomer...just poking my head in and saying hello!

My girlfriend and I will be staying at Pop Century from Jan 12-16, with a group from my college. It was a great deal we couldn't pass up...and since it's her first time at WDW, it will be twice the fun showing her around. :)

:welcome:

How exciting for you and your gf!! I will arrive to Orlando on the 15th

Thanks for the welcome! If you see any crazy kids running around with Monmouth University shirts, that'll be us! :banana:

We stay off-site in a villa. It's the only way we can afford to go twice a year ;):banana: All we have to do now is book it :scared1:

Where off property are you staying?

I used to work down 192 at Orange Lake. It's a beautiful resort, but I would never recommend working their front desk :rotfl:

I'm going for my birthday in June (staying June 16-23, birthday is the 19). Staying at the Pop Century. Alas, traveling solo, but I kinda prefer to (especiall after all the constant worry I had to put up with my friend trying to get his half of the trip paid for this past year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter