Who's Turn Is It To Throw Up Today? A Feb 2014 Wedding TR - New TR link 10/27!!

I continued to wander through Fantasyland and on into Liberty Square. Most lines were pretty long but I didn’t mind, I was just enjoying the atmosphere on my last night. When I made it around to Adventureland I saw that Pirates had a 20 minute wait so I got in line. With the new FP+ line everyone in the standby line goes on the same side so it makes the line seem longer. There were lines outside of the entrance.

With so many people in line, it was hard to take pictures so I only took one.

There is a point where the FP line and the regular line merge so they still send people to both sides of the loading area. I was excited to be placed by myself in the back row as I find that’s the best seat for taking pictures.

As we started down the drop, I was pretty relaxed, holding my camera in one hand and not really holding on with the other. Bad idea! As we hit the bottom, I was tossed around a bit and managed to slam my bad ankle off the seat in front of me. Ouch! I saw some stars there for a minute. I had totally forgotten how much rougher the drop is with the new boats. Learned my lesson there. Luckily I didn’t do permanent damage and was able to recover in time to take some more pictures.

In the auction room I tried to get pictures of the two figures that share the same face so I could show Mom, but unfortunately the photos came out way too blurry. But for reference, here’s the little old lady at the back of the line.

And the pirate on the bridge above the boats.

Ah, here’s some better shots.

It was getting close to time for Wishes so I made my way towards the Hub. The MSEP was still going on but I found a spot on the Adventureland bridge that provided a sort of OK view and watched the end of the parade.

Up Next: Wishes

Ouch for sure! Glad you didn't hurt your ankle too bad at least. And you got great pictures on the ride itself, I never do! :goodvibes

Decent MSEP pics too, especially since you weren't that close!

I so agree, back row on Pirates. Much better for pictures since you don't really bother anyway that way. PLUS, no getting wet now that they've altered the drop.

glad you recovered Ok after a the Crazy drop!

Pictures again are fantastic! your doing a great job!!!

Well, I spent the majority of my lunch hour yesterday and part of this morning (shhh, I'm at work but still Dising) reading every single update. Thank you for the handy dandy links!

There is simply too much to comment on so I'll just post a few thoughts.

First off, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. It's tough losing a loved one even if you are expecting it.

Second, I'm loving how you and your mother travel so well together. My mother travels with us quite frequently and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

The stomach bug thing is scary! I hope that you didn't end up catching it in those last few hours at Disney.

I'm catching up a little here and there before I hop in shower for our dinner tonight.

The line for Pirates looks a lot longer than it is because of the two separate lines now. 20 minutes is not a bad wait at all. You got some great pictures.

We missed two things on our trip...the Electrical Parade and the new afternoon parade, so I enjoyed your pictures of the Electrical Parade.

You're having a great last night. That's a quick time for Pirates and you got a decent view for MSEP.

Looking forward to Wishes. :thumbsup2

I am terribly sorry to hear about your grandma. May she rest in peace. :hug:

I love all your pictures for the Pooh queue. Can you believe I have never been in that queue? Sad.

So how was dinner? Those mashed potatoes look seriously yummy! Sorry your stomach was still feeling upset.

Fun pictures of Dumbo at night. Figures you wouldn't need the FP.

I love that view from your room. I stayed at AS Sports in Feb and just posted some pics of the Hoops Hotel in my TR. Such a seriously cute resort.

Back to finish getting caught up.

Ouch! Glad you recovered quickly from the Pirates mishap!

I was a little worried for a minute or two but then the pain subsided.

Nice catching a little of the MSEP :)

I did enjoy seeing a little of it since we had just seen the floats backstage the day before.

Ouch for sure! Glad you didn't hurt your ankle too bad at least. And you got great pictures on the ride itself, I never do! :goodvibes

I was glad too, didn't want to ruin the rest of my night! I'm getting better on that ride. I do really well at the end because the boats stop and it's easier to get an in-focus picture there.

Decent MSEP pics too, especially since you weren't that close!

I was really surprised how good of a view I had on that bridge. Just a few trees and light poles in the way.

I so agree, back row on Pirates. Much better for pictures since you don't really bother anyway that way. PLUS, no getting wet now that they've altered the drop.

Yep, I don't want to ride in the front again! In May I got absolutely soaked. Almost as wet as I usually get on Splash Mountain.

glad you recovered Ok after a the Crazy drop!

I can't believe how much rougher it is now with the new boats. After that drop I totally understand how someone lost a finger.

Pictures again are fantastic! your doing a great job!!!

Thanks! Can't wait to take more in 9 short days.

Well, I spent the majority of my lunch hour yesterday and part of this morning (shhh, I'm at work but still Dising) reading every single update. Thank you for the handy dandy links!

Awesome, so glad you dropped by and got caught up!

There is simply too much to comment on so I'll just post a few thoughts.

First off, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. It's tough losing a loved one even if you are expecting it.

Thanks, it was a rough couple of days.

Second, I'm loving how you and your mother travel so well together. My mother travels with us quite frequently and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

Mom and I are pretty much best friends. We can talk on the phone for hours. I really do miss living near her.

The stomach bug thing is scary! I hope that you didn't end up catching it in those last few hours at Disney.

Nope, I somehow avoided that mess.

I'm catching up a little here and there before I hop in shower for our dinner tonight.

The line for Pirates looks a lot longer than it is because of the two separate lines now. 20 minutes is not a bad wait at all. You got some great pictures.

Yeah, it definitely moves faster than you would think just by looking at it.

We missed two things on our trip...the Electrical Parade and the new afternoon parade, so I enjoyed your pictures of the Electrical Parade.

Glad you enjoyed them, I can't wait to see the new parade in less than two weeks!

You're having a great last night. That's a quick time for Pirates and you got a decent view for MSEP.

Pirates was definitely shorter than some of the other lines that night and I was pleasantly surprised at how good of a view I had from the Adventureland bridge.

Looking forward to Wishes. :thumbsup2

Coming right up!

I am terribly sorry to hear about your grandma. May she rest in peace. :hug:

Thank you.

I love all your pictures for the Pooh queue. Can you believe I have never been in that queue? Sad.

You are not really missing all that much. The play area is cute but full of screaming kids. :rotfl:

So how was dinner? Those mashed potatoes look seriously yummy! Sorry your stomach was still feeling upset.

I actually was feeling just fine but was worried about catching the flu bug that the rest of my group had gotten. Mashed potatoes seemed bland enough to not be so bad if they came back up. They were pretty good although I like the ones at Sunshine Seasons better.

Fun pictures of Dumbo at night. Figures you wouldn't need the FP.

That area of the park was the only place that wasn't packed that night.

I love that view from your room. I stayed at AS Sports in Feb and just posted some pics of the Hoops Hotel in my TR. Such a seriously cute resort.

I need to get back over to your TR. Every time I think I'm getting caught up, work gets in the way!

Back to finish getting caught up.

I know that feeling!

When I made the plans for this trip I knew I would not be watching Wishes at all. My family is not big on firework shows so I knew we would be skipping. So this night was a little bittersweet. I was getting to see my favorite show but it was at the expense of my Mom’s night. We should have spent the night at DTD, which was our original plan but instead she was back in the room and I was at MK.

When the parade ended, I found a good place a little behind the Partner’s statue.

When the Celebrate the Magic started, not one, but two dads lifted kids onto their shoulders right in front of me. I still took pictures but as most of them came out like the following one, I’m not going to share too many.

I still got a handful of half decent ones.

Moving onto Wishes. Once again, not the best pictures I’ve taken of the show.

Continued in Next Post

Continued from Previous Post

OK, going through them again I guess they are better than I remembered. I was just annoyed at the time by the kids on the shoulders.

MK was open that night till 1 am or maybe even 2 am, I can’t remember for sure, but I knew that Mom would not sleep till I got back to the room. So I chose to head out after Wishes. I zig-zagged and dodged my way quickly down Main Street and managed to get on one of the first buses after Wishes. I was right, Mom was still up waiting for me so I’m glad I decided to leave. Wishes was at 10 pm that night and we turned off the lights at 11 pm. Yep, I made some awesome time back to the room.

Up Next: Now it’s Time to Say Goodbye

Ariana, first, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother (I obviously have been skimming a bit while on vacation).

What wonderful Castle Show and Fireworks pictures. They turned out great.

Obviously very sad that your mom was sick, but obviously glad you got to see Wishes!!!! :goodvibes

Ah yes, while I always put kids first, it really is so exciting to get a great spot only to be blocked last second by kids on shoulders. Glad you were able to power through it. :thumbsup2 You got some lovely shots!

I love your Wishes pictures! They are just lovely! And I also love the pics of the parade with the castle in the background. Nice job!

Ariana, first, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother (I obviously have been skimming a bit while on vacation).

Thank you.

What wonderful Castle Show and Fireworks pictures. They turned out great.

Thanks, I've been really pleased with my new point and shoot.

Obviously very sad that your mom was sick, but obviously glad you got to see Wishes!!!! :goodvibes

I know, it was such mixed feelings that night, glad to see the show but worried and sad that my Mom wasn't there.

Ah yes, while I always put kids first, it really is so exciting to get a great spot only to be blocked last second by kids on shoulders. Glad you were able to power through it. :thumbsup2 You got some lovely shots!

I do understand that the kids need to see but they don't need to be that far above everyone else. I don't see why they can't just be held up eye level with the rest of the crowd. I guess though that they could start to get heavy for the parent holding them.

I love your Wishes pictures! They are just lovely! And I also love the pics of the parade with the castle in the background. Nice job!

Thanks, I've been pretty happy with the new point and shoot I got last year.

I updated pretty late yesterday afternoon so if you missed the Wishes pictures they are on the previous page.

Mom felt a lot better when we got up the next day and she was determined to use her last Table Service credit even if she didn’t eat much. So I made us an ADR for lunch at Captain’s Grille.

We never got our DME info on the door so after I was ready, I headed down to the concierge desk once again and got our stuff printed. We were on a 3:05 pm bus that afternoon. I also picked up some breakfast for myself as Mom was still nibbling on her crackers. I got my usual bagel but they were out of bananas so I ended up with apple slices instead. I will say that I was a little disappointed by the bagels this trip. They were good at the beginning of the week but kept getting progressively staler as the week went on.

We finished packing and then took our bags to the DME desk to check them in around 10:30 am. Then we stowed our carry-on bags with Bell Services and caught a bus to HS. We got to HS at 11:00 am and since our lunch ADR was not till 12:10 am, we stopped for a few PP pictures outside of HS. The photographer took only two pictures again and the only difference in them is my flyaway hair in the second one.

We headed to the boat dock and I can’t remember how long we waited. I was busy watching the fishing boat that was parked along the wall.

I took pictures as we rode.

There were two ducks by the side of the boat when we pulled up to the Yacht Club dock and the captain threw something in the water for them to eat. It was pretty obvious this was a normal routine and the ducks were waiting there for him.

This was the first time Mom and I had been in the Yacht Club and since we were still pretty early, we walked around a bit and checked it out.

We checked in about 20 minutes early but the restaurant was pretty empty and we got seated right away.

We were seated right by the moving pictures they have there.

They really need someone to clean those pictures out. It’s kind of hard to see but there was quite the layer of dust just on the other side of the glass.

I ordered the Fish and Chips:

And Mom got the Pasta of the Day. I’m not sure at this point exactly what it was.

For dessert Mom got this, I think it’s the Banana Foster Cheesecake:

I got chocolate gelato.

Despite feeling crappy, Mom still ate every bite of her meal. We found the lunch to be pleasant but nothing out of this world. My fish was good but I think Rose and Crown’s is better. We would definitely return on a future trip.

Continued In Next Post

Continued From Previous Post

All the boats had moved out of the picture behind us when we were getting ready to leave.

Mom wanted to stop in the store and she ended up buying a Minnie Mouse shirt for Kennedy who would turn three in a few weeks. I took one more picture that afternoon and it was of the hidden Mickey in the carpet.

We caught a boat right away but waited a bit at HS for a bus. We got back to All Star Sports at 2 pm so Mom went and filled up her mug and I used my last snack credit on one of these babies:

We were meeting John and Jocelyn at the airport and since my flight was several hours after theirs, I told them to meet us by the Disney store so we could say goodbye. I was planning to do some shopping and get a bite to eat before going through security. Unfortunately they totally forgot and had already gone to the gate so I didn’t get to see them. Mom and I checked out the Earport quickly because she had decided she wanted the same sweatshirt I had purchased a few day before. Luckily they had it there so she bought it. Then I walked her to security and made sure she got through. I told her to text me when she found the other two and then I started some more shopping. I checked out the Universal store and the Sea World store but didn’t buy anything.

I had never been to the Disney store at the other end of the airport, The Magic of Disney, so I headed that way. It turned out to be a lot smaller than the Disney Earport and I didn’t buy anything. I looked through a couple of other stores and debated getting some dinner at the Macaroni Grill. I didn’t feel hungry enough for a large meal though so I headed to the food court and got a slice of pizza at Sbarro. It was pretty nasty. I sat in the food court for a while and caught up with my journal while I still remembered what we did that week. Then I headed back to the Earport because I realized I had not bought a stuffed animal on this trip and that is just not acceptable for me. I looked around for a while and then realized that my extensive bear room did not have any Disney bears in it so Duffy found his way home with me.

I headed through security at that point and stopped to get a Ginger Ale and candy bar for the flight. When I got to my gate I noticed it was pretty empty and I soon found out why. There were only 11 people on my flight. Yep, 11! No wonder Jim was able to get me A22.

Boarding was very quick obviously and each person on the plane had an entire section to themselves. Here’s my view:

I was able to really spread out which was so nice. I even took a few pictures as we took off.

It wasn’t long before the flight attendants came around with snacks and drinks. I ordered a water and was amused to get it in a can. I don’t think I’ve ever had water out of a can before.

Duffy enjoyed the flight too as he had his own seat and some of my Ginger Ale.

I landed well past 9 pm and we live about an hour away from the airport. Jim picked me up (luckily all the snow from a few days before had melted) and by the time we got home I didn’t do anything other than hug my doggies and crash.

I unpacked the next day and took pictures of my souvenirs. Most of them you have already seen but I do have a few random items I haven’t posted yet. First though, little Remy was very curious about my Disney purse.

We had only had him for two months at that point and looking back at those pictures it still amazes me how thin he was. He’s almost doubled in body weight since we brought him home.

First up are two of the items in our goodie bags from the wedding. There was also gummy sharks and some drinks but those didn’t make it home with me.

I took the Taffy into work since I don’t care for it and Jim ended up eating the popcorn before I even had a chance to touch it. He thought for some reason that I didn’t like it and felt slightly bad that I didn’t get any. I have no idea where he got that idea since he watched me eat large quantities when we visited Ocean City in 2011.

And here’s the pins I traded for:

Oh, and I also found a Pluto pressed penny at All Star Sports.

While I was unpacking it got awfully quiet in the room and since I still didn’t trust Remy fully, I went looking. I found a couple of sun worshipers on the other side of the bed.

Continuing with the souvenirs, here’s my refillable mug along with the Sci-Fi cup you’ve already seen.

And last but not least, Mom brought me a present. She works for AAA and right before the trip they had a Disney day at the office and she snagged a lanyard for me with a Pluto pin.

And that my friends is the end of this TR! As always, thanks for following along. I will be back with one more brief update for the trip in a few weeks and then of course with a link to the next TR! I hope you will all join me for that one.

Up Next: A Quick Update for the Next Trip

I leave in 8 days for WDW! I'm getting seriously stressed right now because I have not done a thing to get ready. By now I usually am mostly packed and I haven't even started! Plus I've got my MIL coming 5 days after I get back so I've got some major cleaning to do before I leave. I am really hoping I can get a lot done this weekend.

I decided not to do a full PTR for the next trip because I really didn’t want to be writing three at once plus the trip is really all about Mom. She always takes the backseat and defers to everyone else when it comes to Disney trips. I want her to be able to do what she wants this trip. For that reason, I haven’t scheduled any DIS meets because if she decides to change up plans, I don’t want to tell her we can’t because I have a meet scheduled. That being said if you do spot us strolling along, please don’t hesitate to come up and say hi. Mom doesn’t believe me when I tell her she’s a bit of a celebrity on the DIS and it would be fun to be recognized.

This trip came about because Mom was slightly disappointed in the February trip. Not that we didn’t have fun but we did cater to family the first part of the trip and then when we finally had time to ourselves, Mom was sick half of that time. She had a week off of work in September and one in October so we decided to use one to go back again. I really wanted to do the September dates but unfortunately could not get off work so October it was. Our dates are Oct 11 – 17th. Originally we were going to stay at Pop Century because Mom wanted to go as cheaply as possible. But I upgraded us to POFQ as a birthday gift to her. She loves New Orleans and can’t wait to see the resort. Neither of us has stayed there before.

We do not have a meal plan since I am an AP holder. Mom got her park ticket through AAA where she works and we will be using my Tables in Wonderland card for the sit down meals.

Here’s a brief outline of each day:

Saturday, October 11th

I land around 10 am but Mom doesn’t get in till 1:30 pm so I will be hanging out at MCO for a while. I had a really hard time coordinating our flights this time. There was one that landed closer to her time but it was always at least $50 more expensive than the flight I booked. I’m not worried, I can shop and grab a bit to eat while I wait. We have no concrete plans for the evening. We’ve discussed going to MK for a few hours (FP+ made for BTMR, HM and 7DMT) but I don’t know if we will really end up there. Maybe we’ll head to DTD instead? Like I said it will be totally up to Mom.

Sunday, October 12th

Headed to Hollywood Studios for the day. FP+ made for TOT, RnRC and the Frozen sing along. Lunch ADR for Mama Melrose which is one of Mom and I’s favorite restaurants at WDW. I have a feeling it’s going to be super crowded since its Columbus Day weekend so we will see what all we get done. Mom loves to visit the resorts so we may just leave early if it’s too crowded and visit the Swan and Dolphin. We’ve been in the rest of the Epcot area resorts. We’ve discussed several options for dinner depending on how hungry we are. We’ve discussed Big River Grille (no ADRs accepted there) or maybe heading into Epcot for some Food and Wine or Fish and Chips from Yorkshire.

Monday, October 13th

Epcot all day but first we are heading to breakfast at O’Hana. FP+ for the day at Character Spot, Soarin’ and SE. I don’t think we will spend a lot of time in Future World but will head back into World Showcase to eat our way around the world. We will probably take our time exploring each country so we can pace ourselves with the food. I’m hoping if I eat a little slower this time I won’t upset my delicate stomach like I did last year.

Tuesday, October 14th

Animal Kingdom today. FP+ for Dinosaur, EE and the Safari. Lunch ADR at Tusker House. We will probably not spend all day at AK but will head to DTD that evening via another resort Mom wants to explore. AOA and Saratoga Springs are both possibilities.

Wednesday, October 15th

Finally time for Magic Kingdom. FP for the day are 7DMT, Space Mountain and Anna & Elsa meet. Mom really wanted to meet Anna and Elsa so I stayed up till Midnight and made sure to get one. She has no idea I had to do that to get the FP+. We have two ADRS, CRT for an early lunch and The Plaza for a later dinner. Only other thing for certain on the agenda is the Festival of Fantasy Parade which I’m planning to watch in Frontierland. Mom really wants to see the parade since we saw rehearsals on our KTTK tour.

Thursday, October 16th

We have no concrete plans for this day other than lunch at Olivia’s Café at Old Key West. We may decide to revisit one or more of the parks or head to DTD if we haven’t made it there yet. We will decide the night before where we want to go.

Friday, October 17th

We fly home relatively early on this day so no time for any parks. I think we need to catch the DME around 10 am. I have a later flight than Mom but I will still ride to the airport on the same DME bus so I can make sure she gets there alright.

I actually almost extended the trip through Monday because my husband (you know the non-Disney loving one) is coming down to Orlando on Sunday, October 19th. His current favorite band, Lacuna Coil, is playing at the House of Blues at DTD. I decided not to stay though because my MIL flies in on Wednesday, October 22nd for a 10 day stay and I really need Saturday and Sunday to get my house ready. So Jim will be flying down on his own. He asked me to book him at whichever value resort had the best food court. AOA of course was fully booked so he is staying at POP. He didn’t want to have to rent a car so staying at a Disney resort allows him to use the Disney transportation to get around. He arrives early Sunday morning and is planning on two trips to DTD. First to get some lunch and shop at the Lego store and second for the concert. He flies back home early Monday morning. He really wanted to go to Epcot for a bit for Food and Wine but didn’t want to pay the cost of a one day ticket just to get a few empanadas.

And that’s it folks! I leave a week from tomorrow so I’ll see you on the other side! I will try to occasionally post on Facebook so if you aren’t already my friend on there, send me a PM so we can find each other. Oh and apologies for the lack of pictures on this one. I was just too lazy to search through the thousands of photos I have to find appropriate ones.

Your pictures of Wishes are great. I would be happy with what you shot!

Last moments at Disney are always bittersweet. Seems like you had a nice meal at the YC. Love your pins and souvenirs. :thumbsup2

And your dogs are adorable.

Think about me when your mom arrive at MCO. I think I'll have arrived in LAX around the same time. Enjoy the trip. Looking forward to your TR and I hope you feel less stressed. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter