Who's Turn Is It To Throw Up Today? A Feb 2014 Wedding TR - New TR link 10/27!!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to your mom and you.

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. You and your family will be in my prayers... :hug:

HOLY CROWDS BATMAN! is Feb always busy like that?!?
Awesome score! :thumbsup2 Man o Man everyone sick!!! No FP+ with everyone! But i see you get to do stuff on your own so i am hoping there is some Pixi Dust for you somewhere!!! regardless with all the yuck. I bet you were fine since it is DISNEY!!!! Your a trooper!!!

Oh, dear. All of your family troubles on this trip are making me reeeeeeally questions the invitation I extended to our family members to join us on our next big trip. :scared:

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother, but really glad she won't be suffering any longer. Don't beat yourself up too much about thinking it might have happened during your mother-daughter trip. It sounds like after this one the two of you really deserve a stress free, DRAMA free trip, and you wouldn't have wanted anything in the world to come along and make you miss it. :hug:

Aww we what a wonderful trip report so far!!! I'm so sorry so many people you traveled with got ill. Definitely not fun to be sick at Disneyworld!!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your Mom is doing alright through it. I'm happy she has you to lean on.

Looking forward to the conclusion!!!

I love Magic Kingdom with all my heart, but boy it's tough when the Monorail AND the Ferry are down.

OMG do they really give away the Beverley secret on ME? That stinks!

Wait... You're saying you've never done the underground walk from MK to Epcot before?

Awww I'm so sorry your mom got sick. Just awful. Thankfully I tend to get sick when I arrive back home. And that is true.

Right??? How cool is a Disney AP?

Arianna I am SO SORRY about the passing of your Grandma. My condolences to you and your family.

First of all, I'm so sorry about your Grandmother! :hug:

I was a few updates behind, so I'll comment on them all!

I didn't do the talking Mickey yet, but your pictures with him are great. I agree that the one with your Mom and him is wonderful! I love the ring you got in Japan! And those were some great pictures! Via Napoli is one of my favorite places to eat too :goodvibes

I'm so sorry that so many of you kept getting sick! Your poor Mom, John and Morgan all on the same day too. But it seems like it was going around WDW in general, from what the CM told you. Glad that they were both nice enough to cancel the ADRs for you without the fee. And great score on Buzz!

Your TR title caught my eye and I was looking for reports from the same time period that we went in Feb.

I am WAY BEHIND and just now read your log about your morning at AK on Feb, 12 when you went to Rafiki's Planet Watch. We must have been there at the same time! My DD and I petted the crocodile too! We were in the area around 10:00 am just like you! What a coincidence!

I enjoyed reading about the wedding and seeing the pictures from the wedding and reception. I actually think the photo your aunt too of you with Mickey and Minnie was the best Mickey and Minnie shot of the night. I just liked how it was a close-up and Minnie was leaning in. :love:

I am sorry that your family members were ill on the trip and for the recent passing of your grandmother.

I am writing a TR report too, but since I only began it a week or so ago, my report is just now talking about my actual arrival at PORFQ. I have chapters written and am adding the pictures now, so I will be adding my account of the AK day in about a week since it was the third park we went to on our trip. I am going to go through those pictures carefully to see if I happen to see you in any of them!!!:surfweb:

Oh my GOSH!!!

When I opened the part 2 chapter about Rifiki's Planet Watch, I knew we were there at the same time! I remember seeing your mom in this outfit! They were the group right before us or maybe immediately after us, since I stopped a moment to put my camera away. I was thinking how nice your family seemed with everyone enjoying being together!

Here is a photo of my DD with Rifiki.

Oh Ariana I am so sorry about your Grandma :hug: Please tell your Mom and the rest of the family I am
sending along my condolences too. It's not selfish to feel what you are feeling. It's a normal reaction under the circumstances. I'm glad she is now no longer suffering.

Thanks Ruthie.

I'm sorry about your grandma. You and your family are in my thoughts :(

Thanks Alexis.

That's a bummer about Morgan scheduling FP without telling you. But sorry that she ended up getting sick too, on departure day nonetheless. And wow the park really does look packed.

I was pretty upset since we didn't get to spend any time with them during the week and this day was supposed to be with them. I did feel bad for her especially since they were flying out that night!

I'm sorry about your grandmother I send my condolences.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to your mom and you.

Thank you.

Condolences to you, your mother and the rest of the family. Peace and long life.

Thank you.

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. You and your family will be in my prayers... :hug:

Thanks Mo.

HOLY CROWDS BATMAN! is Feb always busy like that?!?

Not to my knowledge, I think it might have been the special Valentine's stuff they were doing. But then again, HS was packed too that morning.

Awesome score! :thumbsup2 Man o Man everyone sick!!! No FP+ with everyone! But i see you get to do stuff on your own so i am hoping there is some Pixi Dust for you somewhere!!! regardless with all the yuck. I bet you were fine since it is DISNEY!!!! Your a trooper!!!

It was a bit of a downer there at the end when everyone was getting sick. Of course it did lead to the do-over trip Mom and I are taking in 11 days!

Oh, dear. All of your family troubles on this trip are making me reeeeeeally questions the invitation I extended to our family members to join us on our next big trip. :scared:

I'm sure you guys will be just fine. It is a little harder when you have a large group but despite the glitches we really did have a great time overall.

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother, but really glad she won't be suffering any longer. Don't beat yourself up too much about thinking it might have happened during your mother-daughter trip. It sounds like after this one the two of you really deserve a stress free, DRAMA free trip, and you wouldn't have wanted anything in the world to come along and make you miss it. :hug:

Thank you. I am really looking forward to the trip in 11 days.

Aww we what a wonderful trip report so far!!! I'm so sorry so many people you traveled with got ill. Definitely not fun to be sick at Disneyworld!!

It wasn't fun when everyone got sick but we made the best of it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your Mom is doing alright through it. I'm happy she has you to lean on.

Thanks. Mom seems to be doing alright.

Looking forward to the conclusion!!!

Hoping to have it finished by the end of this week!

I love Magic Kingdom with all my heart, but boy it's tough when the Monorail AND the Ferry are down.

It was a bit annoying but we figured it out in the end. Luckily I still got to ride the Monorail over to Epcot.

OMG do they really give away the Beverley secret on ME? That stinks!

They did, I was so bummed we weren't able to get Kevin.

Wait... You're saying you've never done the underground walk from MK to Epcot before?

Nope, bet that's an expensive tour. :rotfl:

Awww I'm so sorry your mom got sick. Just awful. Thankfully I tend to get sick when I arrive back home. And that is true.

The last two times we've gone together she's gotten sick at the end. I'm going to try to take it a little easier on the upcoming trip so that doesn't happen again!

Right??? How cool is a Disney AP?

Very cool! I am going to be so sad when it expires in February.

Arianna I am SO SORRY about the passing of your Grandma. My condolences to you and your family.

Thank you Rob.

First of all, I'm so sorry about your Grandmother! :hug:

Thank you Stephanie.

I was a few updates behind, so I'll comment on them all!

I didn't do the talking Mickey yet, but your pictures with him are great. I agree that the one with your Mom and him is wonderful! I love the ring you got in Japan! And those were some great pictures! Via Napoli is one of my favorite places to eat too :goodvibes

Definitely put talking Mickey on your list, it was something everyone should experience at least once! We really loved Via Napoli and I will definitely eat there again. Not so sure about Mom. While she did love her dinner, the aftermath that night kind of left her with a bad association.

I'm so sorry that so many of you kept getting sick! Your poor Mom, John and Morgan all on the same day too. But it seems like it was going around WDW in general, from what the CM told you. Glad that they were both nice enough to cancel the ADRs for you without the fee. And great score on Buzz!

Yeah, I read about other people getting sick that week. I was relieved they cancelled the ADRs without a fee but at that point I probably would have just paid the fee because there was no way Mom was going to make it to the restaurants.

Your TR title caught my eye and I was looking for reports from the same time period that we went in Feb.

Welcome, glad you joined in!

I am WAY BEHIND and just now read your log about your morning at AK on Feb, 12 when you went to Rafiki's Planet Watch. We must have been there at the same time! My DD and I petted the crocodile too! We were in the area around 10:00 am just like you! What a coincidence!

That is so cool that you were there at the same time as us!

I enjoyed reading about the wedding and seeing the pictures from the wedding and reception. I actually think the photo your aunt too of you with Mickey and Minnie was the best Mickey and Minnie shot of the night. I just liked how it was a close-up and Minnie was leaning in. :love:

I do love that shot with Mickey and Minnie! It was really cool meeting them in their wedding cloths.

I am sorry that your family members were ill on the trip and for the recent passing of your grandmother.

Thank you.

I am writing a TR report too, but since I only began it a week or so ago, my report is just now talking about my actual arrival at PORFQ. I have chapters written and am adding the pictures now, so I will be adding my account of the AK day in about a week since it was the third park we went to on our trip. I am going to go through those pictures carefully to see if I happen to see you in any of them!!!:surfweb:

I will have to jump over and take a look! Mom and I are staying at POFQ in 11 days. It's my first time there and I am so excited to try the resort.

Oh my GOSH!!!

When I opened the part 2 chapter about Rifiki's Planet Watch, I knew we were there at the same time! I remember seeing your mom in this outfit! They were the group right before us or maybe immediately after us, since I stopped a moment to put my camera away. I was thinking how nice your family seemed with everyone enjoying being together!

That is so cool that you remember us! We do get along pretty well most of the time. My brother and I can clash sometimes because we are complete opposites in personality. But I've learned how to handle him over the years. :rotfl2:

Here is a photo of my DD with Rifiki.

Cute Picture! I don't remember seeing your daughter but that is not saying much as I am about the least observant person you will meet. Plus I've always had a lot of trouble with facial recognition, not sure why?

Thanks again for all of the condolences for my Grandma. I flew up to PA on Thursday and came home Sunday. It was a hard weekend but also nice because I got to see a lot of family I hadn't seen in over a year. Grandma was 90 and in poor health so most of the weekend was spent celebrating her long life. On Saturday after the funeral we all ended back at my Mom's house for dinner. Morgan pulled out some old family videos and we had a good time laughing and teasing each other. Mom seems to be doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

Back to the TR. I've got 11 days left before the next trip so I will be finishing this one this week. So look for an update each day this week and probably two on Friday to finish it up!

Mom rested while I packed since we were leaving the next day. She said she would slowly pack that night and if she couldn’t finish, I could help her in the morning.

I headed back out on my own at about 6:30 pm. For some reason I took one random shot from the top of the steps in our building.

I caught a bus pretty quickly and was seeing this sight by 7 pm.

It was still pretty crowded as you will see in the next couple of photos.

I ended up doing quite the photo shoot of the castle as I walked.

We had taken so few PP pictures that week I decided to stop for some. The photographer took a grand total of two pictures.

I was hungry at this point but also a little paranoid about getting sick. I started thinking about what I could eat that would not be too gross coming back up if I started puking. I decided to head to Cosmic Ray’s and get the same meal I did earlier in the week. I figured chicken and mashed potatoes wouldn’t be too bad. Pictures as I walked.

Cosmic Ray’s was an absolute madhouse and took a while to get through the line. I did have a couple behind me that was struggling because the menu was all chicken. I told them that each bay had different food and that there were burgers and other stuff around the corner. They were very grateful and headed that way.

Of course when it was so crazy they were not seating people so it took me a little bit to find a table. Here’s my food.

And yet another chocolate cake. I think I ate three of four of these during the week.

I had a good view of Sonny Eclipse but really couldn’t hear him as it was very loud in there.

When I finished eating, I still had some time till my Dumbo FP+ so I decided to get in line for Winnie the Pooh. The wait time was posted at 25 minutes but I was on in 15 minutes. This was my first experience with the interactive line and I’m not sure I like the idea. There were kids running in every direction and throwing fits when their parents made them move on. Despite the kids everywhere I still got some good line pictures.

I was flying home on Southwest the next day and I had asked Jim to check me in so I could get a good number. Southwest does not assign seating instead you get a letter/number and you board the plane in that order and pick whatever seat you want. For example A1 – A 60 board first in numeric order then there is a B group and a C group. Most of the A’s go to preferred passengers and those that pay a little extra to get a higher number. I can usually get a single digit number in the B’s if I check in right at the 24 hour mark. Jim sent me a text while I was in line for WTP to tell me he got me A22. I was absolutely shocked, no idea how he managed that one!

Continued in Next Post

Continued from Previous Post

Photos continuing onto the ride.

It was finally time for my Dumbo FP+ so I headed back into Storybook Circus

Dumbo was one of the very few rides that didn’t have much of a line that night so I really didn’t need the FP+ but of course I used it any way.

Hmmm, I seem to have gone a little overboard with the Dumbo pictures.

Up Next: Ouch!

I have to admit, I have thought like you before when I was worried about vomiting and wanting whatever wouldn't be horrible coming back up! :rotfl:

I agree that the interactive line for Winnie the Pooh is pretty annoying when the kids are all over, parents leave line to get them, etc.

That was a great position Jim got you! I've only ever been lucky enough to get late in the A group at best!

I take a ton of pictures on Dumbo too, especially of the water feature at the bottom! :goodvibes

I'm glad all went well this past weekend for you.

11 more days, how exciting!

Love all your photos of the castle.

Kudos to Jim on getting you a good seat assignment!

Never too many Dumbo pictures :) Especially at night!

WONDERFUL PICTURES!!!

i'm so glad your doing a redo of your trip... ahh cosmic rays... poor sunny.

Nothing like finishing up at Magic Kingdom for sure.

OK, that is an interesting strategy regarding food and the possibility of "refunding" it. But I guess it does make sense.

Cosmic Ray's can be so confusing for first timers. All chicken???? What????? All sandwiches??? What?????

Haha, yeah, the Pooh interactive area can get pretty crazy. Of course, I just can't resist wiping the honey.

I always think that MK is the best park to end a Disney trip with too. Great pictures; especially the ones at Dumbo.

Glad you didn't get sick!!!

And YAY for A22. That's an amazing seat allocation number.

I have to admit, I have thought like you before when I was worried about vomiting and wanting whatever wouldn't be horrible coming back up! :rotfl:

Got to be prepared! :rotfl:

I agree that the interactive line for Winnie the Pooh is pretty annoying when the kids are all over, parents leave line to get them, etc.

Yeah, it was pretty annoying. I get the concept but I think they did a better job with the Dumbo area.

That was a great position Jim got you! I've only ever been lucky enough to get late in the A group at best!

It really did seem like a great number then........

I take a ton of pictures on Dumbo too, especially of the water feature at the bottom! :goodvibes

I just can't help myself, the new area is just so pretty!

I'm glad all went well this past weekend for you.

Thank you!

11 more days, how exciting!

10 now! :cool1: I'm almost in the range where I can start obsessing over the 10 day forecast.

Love all your photos of the castle.

Thanks, I have a hard time not taking photos of that beautiful sight.

Kudos to Jim on getting you a good seat assignment!

He was definitely proud of himself for that one!

Never too many Dumbo pictures :) Especially at night!

Yep! I'm pretty obsessed with the new area.

WONDERFUL PICTURES!!!

Thanks!

i'm so glad your doing a redo of your trip... ahh cosmic rays... poor sunny.

I'm really excited about next week too! I hope it goes better than last trip and Mom and I have a wonderful time. She really needs the break with everything that's been going on lately.

Nothing like finishing up at Magic Kingdom for sure.

I always try to start and finish at MK although it doesn't always work out that way.

OK, that is an interesting strategy regarding food and the possibility of "refunding" it. But I guess it does make sense.

As someone who partied a bit in college I do know that some foods are much worse coming up than others. :rotfl2:

Cosmic Ray's can be so confusing for first timers. All chicken???? What????? All sandwiches??? What?????

Not only that it was jam packed in there so trying to get around was crazy that night.

Haha, yeah, the Pooh interactive area can get pretty crazy. Of course, I just can't resist wiping the honey.

I did spend some time playing with the honey. It was just too crowded in that area to take any pictures that night.

I always think that MK is the best park to end a Disney trip with too. Great pictures; especially the ones at Dumbo.

Me too, I always try if possible to start and finish there. Thanks, I'm slowly getting the hang of my camera!

Glad you didn't get sick!!!

No one was happier about that than me!

And YAY for A22. That's an amazing seat allocation number.

I sure did think it was at that time.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter