Why doesn't Storytellers Grill add more characters for their character breakfasts?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Every time I went to Disneyland and ate at Storytellers Grill I always thought that the place needed more characters for their character breakfasts. Because it seems that Storytellers Grill always has Chip And Dale and Mickey and Minnie and the other Fab Five members and I think Storytellers Grill needs to add more characters to make the character breakfast great. Why don't they add Pocahontas and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and also add Sleeping Beauty and Merida or have a variety of characters like Aladdin Tiana and Prince Naveen and Winnie The Pooh and Eeyore as well? Because you might think Storytellers Grill would expand their character lineup and focus less on Chip And Dale. Is it because Storytellers Grill wants to compete with Goofy's Kitchen in character breakfasts at Disneyland?

For the record, Mickey has been the official "host" of this meal for quite a while. ;) Chip and Dale tag along for the ride because they are the mascots of the hotel.

Before Mickey took over they had a limited number of friends from the woods visiting. That was nice and I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Princesses are not gonna happen though, the princess meal is just along the walkway. Also Tiana or Aladdin really do not fit the theme in my eyes.

Every time I went to Disneyland and ate at Storytellers Grill I always thought that the place needed more characters for their character breakfasts. Because it seems that Storytellers Grill always has Chip And Dale and Mickey and Minnie and the other Fab Five members and I think Storytellers Grill needs to add more characters to make the character breakfast great. Why don't they add Pocahontas and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and also add Sleeping Beauty and Merida or have a variety of characters like Aladdin Tiana and Prince Naveen and Winnie The Pooh and Eeyore as well? Because you might think Storytellers Grill would expand their character lineup and focus less on Chip And Dale. Is it because Storytellers Grill wants to compete with Goofy's Kitchen in character breakfasts at Disneyland?
Have you been to Goofy's lately? It is 5 characters also. If you want to see Merida, Pocahantas, or the rest of the Princesses, they are available at the Princess Adventure breakfast about 100 feet away in Napa Rose. Mickey's Tale of Adventure at Storyteller's Cafe (not Grill, I think you are confused with Craftman's Grill) features Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, and Pluto. We enjoy it as is, and it is booked solid, so they seem to know what people want.

I wish Bolt would make more of an appearance. I only saw him at the Grand Californian one time, well over ten years ago (a really special memory from that encounter too), and if he's still in the parks at all, I don't know where to look for him.

He'd make a good character in Storytellers rotation.

I respectfully disagree. I am okay with Fab Five characters and Chip and Dale at Storytellers. We prefer the "fur" characters far more than the "face" characters. We will not do the character breakfast if they add Princes and Princesses to Storytellers and drop C&D or Fab Five. I will be okay if they add woods-type characters into the rotation,

I've always felt like they had plenty of characters there.

Back in the day before they standardized the characters at breakfast (because people would complain that yesterday X character was there and today they were not) we would see up to 11 characters at breakfast at Storyteller’s… we barely had time to eat and it was amazing. But Disney had to standardize who was seen at each restaurant to make the complainers happy.

I respectfully disagree. I am okay with Fab Five characters and Chip and Dale at Storytellers. We prefer the "fur" characters far more than the "face" characters. We will not do the character breakfast if they add Princes and Princesses to Storytellers and drop C&D or Fab Five. I will be okay if they add woods-type characters into the rotation,
👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

I’d probably skip breakfast at Ohana for sure then. “All” you’ll get there is Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch. Seems like Storytellers is giving you more than the most popular character meal at WDW (with the possible exception of Chef Mickey’s).

You might want to consider booking a weekend brunch and showing up about an hour early to your reservation to hang out in the Grand Cal on the benches in front and your kiddos will get to see plenty of princesses walking to and from Napa. Yes they won’t get a lot of interaction but my daughter and son got plenty of waves and my daughter (who was wearing her happy b-day button) got even more free interaction, a few happy b-day wishes, and a quick ninja hug from a few of them and they (the CMs) engaged and made it fun. Yes plenty of them were in a hurry, but the bonus interaction it made the wait fun/magical.

We also really enjoyed the brunch at Storytellers. We had lots of great interactions with the characters and unlike our experience at Plaza Inn they came around a lot. At Plaza many of them skipped our section until a group of moms from our section went and let some CMs know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter