Why is trying to register for DAS so frustrating? NOTE FROM MOD: this is about OPTIONAL VIDEO DAS Registration

I just finished! I went on at 6 a.m. CT on my laptop, after my 7.5-hour debacle on my phone yesterday. I did get knocked out twice, but each time I was able to go back in and stay in line. I talked to a very nice cast member who assigned the passes and then sent me to the team who assigns the times. I got knocked out again, and it took several minutes to get back on, but finally I was with that cast member who assigned times. I'm really glad I prepared with my list of times I wanted and my ADR's because he booked at the same time as 2 of my ADR's. For one, I'm hoping to get to the restaurant early so we get back before the time runs out because he couldn't move it. (I haven't been able to move my ADR's for a while now since we are there Christmas week.). The second one he was able to change, so that works. Also, I was able to reserve Festival of the Lion King as one of my selections. (I believe someone on the boards before had said they weren't able to, so I figured I'd mention it.)

So my advice...go on at 7 a.m. ET on a laptop if possible, and have all of your plans and requests ready to look at, and Disney IT really needs to fix these problems!

I just finished! I went on at 6 a.m. CT on my laptop, after my 7.5-hour debacle on my phone yesterday. I did get knocked out twice, but each time I was able to go back in and stay in line. I talked to a very nice cast member who assigned the passes and then sent me to the team who assigns the times. I got knocked out again, and it took several minutes to get back on, but finally I was with that cast member who assigned times. I'm really glad I prepared with my list of times I wanted and my ADR's because he booked at the same time as 2 of my ADR's. For one, I'm hoping to get to the restaurant early so we get back before the time runs out because he couldn't move it. (I haven't been able to move my ADR's for a while now since we are there Christmas week.). The second one he was able to change, so that works. Also, I was able to reserve Festival of the Lion King as one of my selections. (I believe someone on the boards before had said they weren't able to, so I figured I'd mention it.)

So my advice...go on at 7 a.m. ET on a laptop if possible, and have all of your plans and requests ready to look at, and Disney IT really needs to fix these problems!

I ran into this twice on my trip. When you're physically in the parks, get your "next available DAS" for the one that conflicts with your dining.

International Gateway Guest Services! Thats were we always register our DAS. Almost never a wait.

As someone's whose daughter has used the service for a diagnosed condition for several years Im sad to see all the alleged abuse occurring. I hope Disney keeps in check somewhat.

I think when and if the alleged abusers figure out that they don't get more rides, they'll fall away. Good tip on Epcot! I wish I had known!

International Gateway Guest Services! Thats were we always register our DAS. Almost never a wait.

As someone's whose daughter has used the service for a diagnosed condition for several years Im sad to see all the alleged abuse occurring. I hope Disney keeps in check somewhat.

I have only registered for DAS twice thus far, got the first one from GS outside the front of Epcot, second time at the International Gateway. Both were good experiences, but IG was superior!

Wow, interesting additions to this thread. I'm presently on my trip. So I wanted to pop on and offer this tip... if you don't NEED to pre-plan 2 rides per day, save your time and your headache and just do it at the park. You can see how frustrated I am at the start of this thread.

My adult son registered in person at AK and it took 5 minutes. He was in and out before my other son was out of the bathroom.

The advance reservations did take the pressure off to do rope-drop. I'll give it that. But if you don't mind one at a time DAS requests, just do it at the park. SOOOOO much better.

I'm like some of the posters before me, I was planning on using FP to self-manage my "but you don't look sick" special needs. DAS doesn't get someone more rides, like Genie+ might. But it really helps cut down on the executive function strain of going through a crowded queue.

Like a story I'm sure you've neeever heard before - I over did it on the first 2 days, so physical symptoms happened. So I'm now experiencing the parks similar to my wheelchair-bound friends. I actually popped in to look up some wheelchair fireworks viewing at MK... From the side with no speaker just didn't cut it for me. (The two "Mom must do" things on a trip I paid for are sushi and fireworks at MK and I've only got 2 days left!)

My opinion on their claim of staffing shortages... very literally the video call is something that can be done from home by the guest AND a staff member. It's not that they don't have the capacity to hire more - they have shareholders to show a profit for. Staff is very literally discussed as one of their biggest costs.

My kiddo and I registered in person and this was the same, like 5 minutes, gathered all the MBs and boom, it was a breeze. I have pretty moderate anxiety, but a smiling kind CM in front of me makes it go alright. I am terrified of doing a video chat, but I feel like we need the two advanced reservations to fill out our day, because my husband and son might have to find things to do while I wait SB with my other kiddo to ride the rides my DAS kiddo doesn't want to do that I lost our ability to FP. I'm really lost this trip. We refuse to bow to DIS and pay for Genie+ especially because it's truly only a few rides my DAS kiddo won't ride, but having free FP for my other kiddo really made family vacations work well for BOTH of them. Being able to pre-plan a couple rides will at least lock in a solid plan for one kiddo/most of the fam, and they might have to go find some fun things to do while we wait standby for things like TOT. I am so nervous and not at all excited for our 12/2022 trip, but I am trying to read up here and learn all I can on how everything we need has changed so I can plan what I can :o

So I’ve been on since 11:52 a.m. I get booted or logged off almost exactly every 30 minutes by Disney. I log back on and go back to my chat window. I am having a lovely conversation with myself there, LOL, to try to stay logged in, to no avail. My question—when we get booted or logged out by their server, are we at the end of the queue when we log back in immediately?

So I’ve been on since 11:52 a.m. I get booted or logged off almost exactly every 30 minutes by Disney. I log back on and go back to my chat window. I am having a lovely conversation with myself there, LOL, to try to stay logged in, to no avail. My question—when we get booted or logged out by their server, are we at the end of the queue when we log back in immediately?
Multiple people have posted they were told that you get back onto the same point as you had been

I logged in at 7 AM, got booted out twice but logged back in and was still in the line. The video chat started at 7:27 AM. I explained my issue, she took my picture, added my party and then told being transferred to the on-line chat for selecting the rides. While I was waiting for them, I was again booted out but logged back in was still in the line. The on-line chat person came on at 8:02 AM but I am a slow texter on my phone so it took until 8:40 to get everything set up. That person even waited while l went on my computer and checked my MDE account to confirm all the rides, time and people included were correct. During that chat I was also booted off and logged back in to resume exactly where I was.

At this point, it would be easier to go to Orlando in person before your trip to get signed up (and I'm in the NW!)

I waited for about four hours last night, and this AM saw that they responded at 10:47 EST last night. I logged in today at 2:30 EST, and have been booted off three times in the last 70 minutes. This stinks. :(

I logged in at 7 AM, got booted out twice but logged back in and was still in the line. The video chat started at 7:27 AM. I explained my issue, she took my picture, added my party and then told being transferred to the on-line chat for selecting the rides.
Did she tell you she was taking your picture? My daughter just got registered yesterday morning and they never mentioned taking a picture during the video chat. While I was scheduling ride times I asked about the picture to get clarification. She said she wasn't familiar with the registration procedures but that my daughter's profile showed as complete and that's why she was able to start the scheduling process. Should I just assume there is a photo on file?

I waited for about four hours last night, and this AM saw that they responded at 10:47 EST last night. I logged in today at 2:30 EST, and have been booted off three times in the last 70 minutes. This stinks. :(

It’s 6:15 and I got through the first hurdle, now waiting for video chat pre-registration. I get booted off every 30 minutes, and have to go back, sign in again and open it again. It looks like I”m still in there when I do- but I’m concerned about the warnings to not leave the window. I understand that this may help shorten the lines at Guest Services at the parks, but they definitely don’t seem to have enough staff to do this, nor the IT capabilities to make it work well. :(

Did she tell you she was taking your picture? My daughter just got registered yesterday morning and they never mentioned taking a picture during the video chat. While I was scheduling ride times I asked about the picture to get clarification. She said she wasn't familiar with the registration procedures but that my daughter's profile showed as complete and that's why she was able to start the scheduling process. Should I just assume there is a photo on file?
Yes, she asked permission to take my picture, told me to hold still for the picture and then said okay, I got it. But it took all of 30 seconds, so easily could have been done without making an issue of it. Also if she had a DAS in the past, her photo might have already been there. If her ride selections are showing up I think you are okay to assume it was done correctly.

Last edited:
After three days, and countless hours, I’ve finished.
I kept getting auto-logged out every half hour, and waited and waited but finished.

The video chat rep told me that they are bringing many new CMs on board in early January for this video chat/pre-register, as demand far exceeded expectations and so hopefully in a month or so, this experience will be less stressful.

He did explain to me that I could choose two rides, and give me a list for each to choose from. Since my first trip is only two days, Epcot and AK, selecting was very quick (and they tend to be rides/experiences that have quick moving lines anyway, like Soarin’).

The video chat cm was pleasant and asked few questions (do they see my ‘old’ DAS there and sort of “know” who I am?) and did not take my picture as far as I know.

After three days, and countless hours, I’ve finished.
I kept getting auto-logged out every half hour, and waited and waited but finished.

The video chat rep told me that they are bringing many new CMs on board in early January for this video chat/pre-register, as demand far exceeded expectations and so hopefully in a month or so, this experience will be less stressful.

He did explain to me that I could choose two rides, and give me a list for each to choose from. Since my first trip is only two days, Epcot and AK, selecting was very quick (and they tend to be rides/experiences that have quick moving lines anyway, like Soarin’).

The video chat cm was pleasant and asked few questions (do they see my ‘old’ DAS there and sort of “know” who I am?) and did not take my picture as far as I know.

I am also curious if they can see past DAS use. I hope so!

<~snip~>

But dang... why can't we schedule a video call instead of waiting on hold for 3 frustrating hours?

Seriously… it seems like it would be better all around if people could choose a time window to be contacted. Even if they had to give a 30-60 minute window in order to account for chats that go over time, it would be preferable.

In the beginning they would have to have fewer appointment windows available, until they could get a handle on how quickly they could work. But it wouldn’t take too long — maybe a week or two— to see the trends. The number of available appointments could always be tweaked to account for higher or lower volumes, depending on projected crowd levels.
With the reservation system, it’s never been easier for Disney to know how crowded they’ll be… and I’m sure they’ve “done the math” to know, on average, approximately how many DAS users will be in the park, relative to total bodies thru the gate. They should also know by now how many guests want to take care of it ahead of time vs. how many choose to deal with it in the park (admittedly, that statistic is skewed somewhat because of the crazy waits & disconnects :guilty: but it would be a starting point, anyway).

tl;dr— Everyone would be happier with an appointment-based system for the video registrations for DAS.

he booked at the same time as 2 of my ADR's. For one, I'm hoping to get to the restaurant early so we get back before the time runs out because he couldn't move it. (I haven't been able to move my ADR's for a while now since we are there Christmas week.).
Unless they changed things since early December…

Don’t worry about having a DAS time or Remy time that runs concurrent with a previously established ADR.

was told that dining always trumps return times.

if there is a time conflict, all you need to do is keep the dining receipt and show it to a CM at the attractions directly after your dining time.

We had a good experience this morning. We started around 9am and finished around 11am. We kept getting disconnected but found that if we did it on the app, it worked much better and didn’t disconnect. Our son is autistic and I knew we had time to register him but then realized he’s back at school soon so we just wanted to get it done with. We explained what we needed it for and she said ok, they just needed him for his picture and it was quick, then she transferred us to book our advanced selections. This was done via chat with another CM, no talking on the video. It was pretty quick and easy because I had everything ready. I dreaded this whole process because I read about it beforehand but it went pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter