Why no SSR love?

Dennyha said:
deadhorse.gif

Now that is good. Lets start a new thread with that picture. We could all make up little captions underneath it that related to DVC.

A man can dream, right? :rolleyes: Take these handcuffs off me, please. Calling all boards???????

DAVE

boatboatboat said:
I would LOVE to have the ability to peek into DVC's information.

I would LOVE to see the following things.

What % of each resorts buyers paid cash/borrowed money

What % of each resorts owners attempt to book stays at other resorts

What % of each resorts buyers, defaulted on loans with DVC

What % of each resorts owners have tried to put 5 in a studio

WHat % of each resorts owners have to call room housekeeping to unclog the toliet

gawd I could have some fun......................

You just can't help yourself, can you! :lmao:
Naughty, Naughty, Naughty! :smokin: :smooth:

Daitcher said:
Pinktink63,

Seriously, it is all in good fun here. I would love to sit down for a beer with any fellow Dis member, heck who needs a member, I'l have a beer with anyone.

DAVE

Would love to also, except I'm not much of a beer drinker! I leave that up to DH. A glass of wine or a martini and I'm there! :teeth:

Steph

PinkTink63 said:
Would love to also, except I'm not much of a beer drinker! I leave that up to DH. A glass of wine or a martini and I'm there! :teeth:

Steph

Yeah...let's all get together and "bash" this out over some good food and a few (or, maybe more than a few) drinks.

Now...hmmmm....which resort would be "best" for this??? :lmao:

:wave:

Beca

Beca said:
Yeah...let's all get together and "bash" this out over some good food and a few (or, maybe more than a few) drinks.

Beca

without a doubt ssr.

we can get blasted and go swimming, and then leave.........

they do have buses to the monorail don't they?

boatboatboat said:
Muushka I don't think anyone is putting down a resort or an owner. I think people are putting down Disney and how they are marketing the newer resorts.

I think, people are concerned that people are being sold SSR and shown pics of BCV and BWV and told that they will be able to stay at those places. Those places are already sold out.......

How many resorts is Disney going to sell using "you can walk to epcot" as part of the sales pitch? At what point in time is it obvious that Disney is harming their CURRENT owners in an effort to market off site resorts?

Being able to use our points at any resort we want has always been a selling point for DVC. It's not just since they started selling SSR. Why would they stop doing this just because a few BCV or BWV owners don't like it? That's why you have the 11 month home resort advantage. Was that not explained to you when you bought your points?

Beca said:

Beca

Well, we all know it can't be at BCV, because we're not allowed to use the pool there, unless we're staying there! :lmao:

PinkTink63 said:

Steph

Steph,

WINE, don't even go there. :) I introduced my wife to wine when we first starting dating. I would be too embarassed to print what I spend on wine now. My WINE bill could pay for a nice luxury car!!!!

DAVE

bdb7607 said:
fishermouse said:
Exactly, that's why when we started to look to buy and decided we'd spend the most time at BCV, we followed Beca's constant drumming of "buy where you want to stay" and not the "additional 12 years...". The common theme and projection is by 2009, if not sooner, it will be difficult to get BCV / BWV within 7 months - which can be discouraging to those that get a last minute opportunity (via DING) to fly down for a long weekend or whatever...

I, of course, have planned out vacations through 2010, so I think I'm ok - or weird?

DVC has always clearly stated that it's best to plan as far ahead as possible and encourage using that home resort advantage to get what you want. I would never expect to have that same advantage if booking last minute. DVC has never promised that, either.

Daitcher said:
Steph,

WINE, don't even go there. :) I introduced my wife to wine when we first starting dating. I would be too embarassed to print what I spend on wine now. My WINE bill could pay for a nice luxury car!!!!

DAVE

She sounds like my kind of gal! :goodvibes

Being able to use our points at any resort we want has always been a selling point for DVC.

I know, but ftr I wouldn't count on using ssr points in 2007 and beyond at bcv/bwv, i simply don't think the odds are in your favor. Once a bwv/bcv owner gets told no at 6 mths, when they call MS ,they won't make that error twice.

Why would they stop doing this just because a few BCV or BWV owners don't like it?

I would think they would be very mindful of current owners. It is these owners of the first DVC's that are the best prospects for furture add ons.

Old money as they say........

That's why you have the 11 month home resort advantage.

ahoy captain obvious

Was that not explained to you when you bought your points?

Yes it was; but I also made some assumptions, I assumed that any future resorts would be on par with the current dvc resorts (current when i bought). That way if I ,for what ever reason wanted to book a room at 200 days rather then 210 days at MY HOME resort, and it was full ,I could book a stay at a resort that was of equal quality. I fear that in 2008 and beyond that anyone who books 6 mths out will only have the option of SSR, regardless of their desires or the quality or lack there of of the resort.

boatboatboat said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh BUT we assumed that when we booked at 3 mths the resort we COULD get into we be as nice and have the same overall quality,as the resort we bought. I own at the BWV and would have no problem being told by MS at 3 mths "our only opening is bcv,or vwl". Those 2 resorts we added AFTER I bought, and IMO are as good if not BETTER, then where I own. SSR isn't.............that's the rub.

When the resort with the least DELUXE type features, makes up 40% of the rooms in WDW , ya got's your self a situation.........

SSR does have the same overall quality as all the DVC resorts. You may not care for it's location or it's theme, but saying it is inferior quality is a bit insulting to those of us who enjoy the resort. DVC is very clear about the resorts being "subject to availability" and using that 11 month window to make sure your home resort if that's what you want. Once the 7 month window opens, it's all up for grabs, per your contract. There is no 6 month, 3 month, or 1 week home resort advantage. That would be the case whether you hated SSR or you thought it was the best ONSITE resort at WDW.

Daitcher said:
Steph,

DAVE

Oh Dave! Your wife and I are going to have to get together!!! If you need any proof just read my tag!!! ;)

Yall are welcome at my "little" whole in the wall! I vote Dave buys the first round!! Then the boat has the next!

give me a good glass of wine and I don't care if it is in the parking lot

I agree DAVE should buy the first round. That way i can pawn off some wine in a box.

MiaSRN62 said:
Mrs Potato Head.....
Not that I agree with what many will say here, but the replies you're probably going to get will be :
SSR and OKW do Not have :
1) indoor hallway entrance to room (in other words, they are not attached to a hotel/lobby area).
2) valet parking
3) room service

I've been on these boards for several years now and many just don't consider SSR or OKW to be "deluxe". I don't see it this way. I've never experienced SSR, but speaking from an OKW point of view, guests don't need valet there because you park right outside your front door. There is limited room service from Sassagoula Pizza located at POR and one can easily get room service from select offiste restaurants. So we don't personally miss that. But many will say they do and these are most likely going to be the top things mentioned. I don't think BWV/BCV's walking distance to Epcot makes it any more deluxe than any other resort. A resort can be deluxe without being that close to a park. I also don't feel that SAB makes BCV any more deluxe than say BWV, VWL, OKW or SSR. It just so happens that BCV is deluxe and has an awesome pool. I mean, most will say that the pool at the Y&B and BCV is much nicer than the one at the GF, but the GF is still deluxe.
So I'm pretty sure the 3 reasons I listed above will be the arguments you'll get.

I agree. You GO girl :thumbsup2

Well said, Maria! :thumbsup2
When I bought OKW, DVC was selling a "vacation home". When they started sticking the DVC resorts into existing hotel parking lots to save money, people started thinking that DVC was an extension of an existing hotel. When SSR opened, it appealed to us because it was the only resort other than OKW which was built like a "vacation home" and not a hotel. It really depends on one' tastes. I enjoy the BCV mostly because of SAB, and yes I proudly even use my SSR points there (gasp!) because my contract says I can. But we do that for 2 or 3 days max and then move on to our "home". This thread just shows some folks need to read their contracts better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter