Why no SSR love?

MyGoofy26 said:
No one can ruin LOST night!

Whatever happened to that rumor that they were changing the old Discovery Island island (redundant much? LOL) into some LOST themed island? I know it's highly highly unlikely but fun to think about, huh? LOL!

Maybe that could be the next DVC theme. There would be three sections. . . tents on the beach, caves, and hatches. :rotfl2:

hey! great idea :thumbsup2 and LOST is on abc, abc is owned by disney. could you imagine??? :banana: one question - would there be a shirtless sawyer walking around as the valet/room service boy???? :love:

Beca said:
Somehow...I TOTALLY believe that!!! You are T-R-U-B-L (little "Footloose" joke there!!)

:wave:

Beca

How can people possibly think Beca is "bashing" SSR with her poll? I mean anyone who references the movie "Footloose" in a DIS board post in okay in my book. :rotfl2:

they think she is bashing, because in everyones heart, they knew prior to the poll what the replies would be.

It would be like me doing a poll, "Which do you like better, T-bone steak, or sirloin"

I would know in advance who the winner would be, and sirloin owners would say I was sirloin bashing.

boatboatboat said:
very nice well thought out post.

I guess some of the concern is that DVC for what ever reason built a resort that is so much diff then the others and made that resort 40% of the WDW/dvc rooms. To me that seems to be foolish. People bought on "style" of resort (dvc owners prior to ssr), and now have watched as 40% of the rooms are now a much diff style.

odd marketing at best.......

Yes, the style of OKW, the original DVC resort. This resort was in existence when you bought BWV, so you should not be surprised Disney would build another DVC resort in the style of the original and popular OKW. SSR isn't very different from OKW, except in room size-- predictably they stuck with the smaller size of the hotel-DVCs.

I really don't feel like the DVCs are that different from one another, which is obviously a minority viewpoint I guess. Sure the layout is different, and there are a few hotel-style amenities at the three hotel resorts, but the differences are negligible. It mostly comes down to theming and location. If you don't like those, fine, that's a matter of taste and preference, but I think the quality and luxury of the resort easily stands up to the other DVCs, and if we're going anecdotally (as we always do on the DIS) there are far fewer complaints here on the boards about service, upkeep and room quality at SSR than some of the other resorts (understandably, of course, in the latter two as SSR is still brand new).

But I can't get sucked into this again! LOST is starting in 4 minutes!

boatboatboat said:
For the record I am normally not this obnoxious and overbearing. Dave has been e-mailing me things to say. I suspect he is trying to divert attention away from him self and on to me.

I sense a banning....

Sure hope no one is thinking about banning. This is the best topic I've been involved in so far. Besides anyone that calls himself boat can't be all bad. But three boats we gotta keep you around. Thanks for all the laughs :rotfl:

I have stayed at SSR and throughly enjoyed it. My favorite are my home resorts of BCV & BWV. As mentioned above I enjoy them all.

Enjoy!

boatboatboat It would be like me doing a poll said:
I don't even know what to say about this...except that I am confused. Granted, I don't eat much red meat....but, I always thought sirloin WAS a better cut than a t-bone....and, then I thought...."Maybe this is one of B3's jokes"....you, know...another redneck joke...and, then I realized...OMG!!! That must mean I am redneck....seriously....no matter which answer is correct...the bottom line is, I am a redneck!!!

Fine...just pass me flask B3!!!

;)

Beca

fishermouse said:
Sure hope no one is thinking about banning. This is the best topic I've been involved in so far. Besides anyone that calls himself boat can't be all bad. But three boats we gotta keep you around. Thanks for all the laughs :rotfl:

ITA!!! We used to have SOOO much fun on these boards....I remember endless threads about "Uranus" (enough said!!! :goodvibes ) We used to talk about STUPID stuff forever...and poke fun at each other like CRAZY!!

I really miss those days!!!

I think I'm gonna start the "B3 and Daitcher" fan club!!!

:wave:

Beca

Beca said:
Let me give a toast to them right now...."To B3 and Daitcher....the two men who have kept me from getting ANYTHING worthwhile done the entire weekend!! Here's to the men that have "single-handedly" assured that my house will be messy, and packing for my WDW trip (in less than 48 hrs) will be mediocre at best!!!" :drinking1

Beca
They made me burn dinner. Again.

shantay1008 said:
They made me burn dinner. Again.

:rotfl2:

While we're on it...what else can we blame them for?

:lmao:

Beca

Beca said:

Beca

I just found a gray hair. I'm naming it "the Daitcher" ;)

It would be like me doing a poll, "Which do you like better, T-bone steak, or sirloin"

#1 T-bone

Well I could only vote for T-bone because I have never tasted sirloin :rotfl2:

Beca said:

Beca

They made it snow. And it's Spring.

There's probably a whole list of stuff they caused. Global warming, Enron, the Stitch ride...

DisFlan

boatboatboat said:
For the record I am normally not this obnoxious and overbearing. Dave has been e-mailing me things to say. QUOTE]

Sure you're not!! :rotfl2: Trying to put it on Dave, huh?!

SusanWasHere said:
hey! great idea :thumbsup2 and LOST is on abc, abc is owned by disney. could you imagine??? :banana: one question - would there be a shirtless sawyer walking around as the valet/room service boy???? :love:

LOL! Why not! (btw how hysterical was it that he was reading "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret" tonight)

Of course parents would have to keep a VERY close eye on their children . . . never know where the "Others" will come from!

MyGoofy26 said:
I've only seen SSR from the outside, haven't toured it yet. . . but if that's the worst place I could end up? I can't see where I'd be losing! It's not like they're sticking you in the Days Inn over by Old Town.

You would think they were putting you up in a Red Roof Inn off I-95 that doubled as a truck stop.

fishermouse said:

Of course, that depends if its a Blow Boat or a Go Boat!

tomandrobin said:
You would think they were putting you up in a Red Roof Inn off I-95 that doubled as a truck stop.

Very true, difference is the Red Roof is pennies the SSR is top dollar. Oh well, SSR does have Earl andPuck. Now to Boat, We had a deal, I feed him the lines and he agrees with whatever I say. You let the cat out of the bag, boat!

DAVE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter