Wild Adventures

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
This place was brought up in a different thread. I will be going 10/14 as i spend another week in beautiful downtown Valdosta GA. if any of you have been can you share what is it like?

Barry said i have to ride the Cheeta?????:smooth:

thank you 200 million dollar man. I will let you know if it lives up to that trip report

Hi there

Wild Adventures had a family special this summer ($100 for a two days pass for a family of four) so we took advantage.

After years of regular visits to WDW and Universal, it did feel like a state fair, but there are many really fun rides. Several great coasters....Cheetah was a bit of a rough ride for me, but I couldn't get enough of Boomerang. Now, that is a FUN coaster!

It was a kick to ride some of those "oldie but goodies" too....like Tilt a Whirl and the swings.

Have a great visit.

Actually, I live in Valdosta and hold a season pass there. The park is relatively new, and has been transformed from a petting zoo into a miniature Busch Gardens (minus the beer). There's are 3 coasters that you have to go on... Cheetah (wooden, FAST, and very new), Boomerang (think the Viper at Six Flags, but better), and The Hangman, which is a lot like the Batman ride at Six Flags Over Georgia. The park is really great for kids, and has a ton of kiddie rides, but there's stuff for "big kids" as well. They also have concerts every couple of weeks (James Brown this weekend)and that's free with park admission. They have a website: http://www.wild-adventure.com. It lists the concerts, ext.
The park is pretty interesting, in that it started as a petting zoo with farm animals, and really developed overnight into a fun-park. The owner started building benches and pavilions for field-trip groups to sit and eat, got a "safari train" to look at the animals, and it took off from there. It's an interesting place with some fun rides and a lot of potential for greatness, IMHO. Enjoy.. :)

well that has made up my mind i have to be there sunday 10/14 morning to try this park out. I was afraid it was a glorified county fair carnival, but it sounds like fun. thanks for all the input :)

Well, it's definately not the best park out there or anything, but like I said, it's got a lot of potential, and 3 great coasters already... It's a lot of fun for us folks who can't make it down to Orlando once every year or two... :)

Megbri, since this is your home turf, any Mythos type places to eat at wild adventures?????

Well, I've never had the pleasure of going to Mythos, but Wild Adventures still has a long ways to go when it comes to restaurants. It's basically like 6 Flags (walk up in a concession line)... :(

Wild Adventures has been running a 2nd day free deal. You might want to see if it is running when you go.

Originally posted by Barry Hom
Wild Adventures has been running a 2nd day free deal. You might want to see if it is running when you go.

i will check it out and let you know if it is still running and how long it will continue:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter