Will Disney ever connect Epcot two entrances?

Mirabell Rose

Mouseketeer
I would really like to see Disney have a transportation connection between the two entrances. Monorail expansion? Skyliner expansion?

You would have to do a switch at the TTC and then at Epcot, but it would avoid busses. The skyliner and monorail is so much more convenient for strollers and wheelchairs. Both beat the busses hands down IMO. That would mean the resorts on the Monorail and the Epcot area, and RIV and CB could access all 3 parks without busses. (So long as the monorail and Skyliner aren’t down. Less busses, less drivers, less cost.

There was talk when they built the skyliner of potential expansion to Downtown Disney as well.

How do you figure?
Walkability to IG of Epcot from YC, BC, and BWI, plus the skyliner access to the IG from Pop, Riviera, CBR, and AoA. If you allow the monorail to bring people to the back entrance, then that would cause an influx of people trying to use that entrance since that would include everyone who has access to the TTC (which is anyone on property or not). There are already people trying to do so by getting dropped off at Swan/Dolphin or the gas station across from BWI. It’s why the Epcot resorts turn away vehicles unless you have a dining reservation.

Why can’t they let more people in at that entrance?

It would also make it much easier to get to the night clubs.

The cost to build/maintain a monorail is VERY high. Doubt Disney would ever add to what already exists. Skyliner is likely a cheaper option, but you can simply walk from one end of Epcot to the other if your plan is to go somewhere else. Going to the IG at Epcot seems like a roundabout way of getting to MK.

With all the planned and needed updates and improvements, I can't imagine such a transportation option is even being discussed - too little benefit. There are several options to get from resorts to parks already. Not even sure how they would do that? Skyliner directly over EPCOT? That would be a real eye-sore.....

Why can’t they let more people in at that entrance?

It would also make it much easier to get to the night clubs.
Which entrance are you referring to? International Gateway? What night clubs? The two on Boardwalk? How would a bigger International Gateway help with whatever "problem" you think exists?

A shuttle connecting the two Epcot entrances is sorely needed.

To get guests of the "Skyliner resorts" to some form of transportation "back home" when the Skyliner goes down, without the need for a (n additional long walk).

A shuttle connecting the two Epcot entrances is sorely needed.

To get guests of the "Skyliner resorts" to some form of transportation "back home" when the Skyliner goes down, without the need for a (n additional long walk).
Not sure I agree with 'sorely needed', as it's a pretty small subset of people who might be impacted on a particular day. But if you're in the group on that day when the Skyliner is shut down - then I can see how it's a problem......

I wonder how many folks remember when they used to have tram transportation around Crescent Lake from the resorts to EPCOT? I'm thinking 25-30 years ago. Might've been pre-Boardwalk. The tram station used to be where the Skyliner station is now. It wasn't going to help with getting folks from IG to the main entrance at EPCOT - but it did offer another option at the end of the day.

Years Back they did in fact advertise Atlantic Dance The piano bar (can not recall name right now) and the BW as a destination. Do not recall if they had extra transportation there as it was just 0 competition for what was Pleasure island. The reason PI closed as it was attracting some locals Disney did not want and there were fights and from what I was told Gang activity. The bars at BW are just not enough draw and way to small to justify Disney to do anything. While I would like to say it is about the guests staying at those hotels it really is about the $$. I do not think anyone willing to pay a cover and 15-20 drinks is going to second guess 10-15 bucks for an uber back to a resort.... Besides I can easily attest to taking a bus at 1 or 2 AM after drinking all night was a wise way to end the night. Back then there were yellow cabs lined up all night and they were well used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter