Will gondolas impact BCV/BWV experience?

As a BWV owner this is a concern for us also...
I can imagine. With this possibility and the possibility of the property taxes being raised even higher, the annual dues could really increase the ownership of several of the DVC properties. I am seriously thinking about buying in at Hilton Head within the next 6-8 months, but the higher dues there has always been in the back of my mind. But if both of these scenarios were to happen, Hilton Heads dues could possibly be in line with some of the Orlando resorts.

BCV and BWV are Epcot resorts, I can see us paying for gondolas due to the Epcot station. If Disney can justify having others pay towards any operation, you can bet that they will.

:earsboy: Bill

I would think all Disney and DVC resorts will cover the expense of the gondola system as it will be part of Disney Transportation which is a line item in our annual dues.

BCV and BWV are Epcot resorts, I can see us paying for gondolas due to the Epcot station. If Disney can justify having others pay towards any operation, you can bet that they will.

I just wonder if both scenarios that I quoted above were to happen in regards to due increases, if that will make BCV and BWV contracts less valuable and the resale prices of those contracts take a hit? If I were to be able to own at any one DVC at Disney, the BCVs would be my dream.

I just wonder if both scenarios that I quoted above were to happen in regards to due increases, if that will make BCV and BWV contracts less valuable and the resale prices of those contracts take a hit? If I were to be able to own at any one DVC at Disney, the BCVs would be my dream.

While some will buy a resort based on the lessor dues, others just accept the fact that if they want to own a specific resort, they are willing to pay.

While some will buy a resort based on the lessor dues, others just accept the fact that if they want to own a specific resort, they are willing to pay.

Right.

I would like to own at Hilton Head because its not that far away and we love it. Plus, I may be able to use those points at Disney World from time to time.

I think the shorter life of the contracts will lower the value of the 2042 expiration resorts before an increase in transportation expenses affects the resale purchase price.

I think the shorter life of the contracts will lower the value of the 2042 expiration resorts before an increase in transportation expenses affects the resale purchase price.
That is a good point.

Right.

I would like to own at Hilton Head because its not that far away and we love it. Plus, I may be able to use those points at Disney World from time to time.

The only concern that I would have at Aulani, HH, or VB is the additional maintenance required due to the salt air and the possibility of storm damage. I believe that HH currently has a special assessment due to storm damage or additional insurance costs.

The only concern that I would have at Aulani, HH, or VB is the additional maintenance required due to the salt air and the possibility of storm damage. I believe that HH currently has a special assessment due to storm damage or additional insurance costs.

It does, and I am confused about that special assessment due to hurricane Matthew. Will that amount that was added on be permanent or will it come off at some time? I can't figure that one out.

I do believe so as a shared expense between the resorts and DVC.
Generally a given resort is responsible for their own transportation. There is a formula for how this is done apparently but I don't have the specific information on how this is done. There is also a formula to divide up between the hotel and DVC based on volume. Maybe someone more involved in the BCV issue from years ago has more specifics.

Given that the project hasn't even been announced officially, so everything can change, Epcot gondola station should be near the International Gateway, so it wouldn't be foolish to count it as an additional transportation option for both BWV and BCV, hence additional expenses in the dues.

Given that the project hasn't even been announced officially, so everything can change, Epcot gondola station should be near the International Gateway, so it wouldn't be foolish to count it as an additional transportation option for both BWV and BCV, hence additional expenses in the dues.
Unlikely since it won't be helpful for transportation at those resorts

As a BWV owner I am concerned about exactly where the gondola will pass over at BW.....looking at the map...will they pass over the BW parking lot??

I think if there is anyway to pass on some of the expenses to the neighboring DVC resorts (BWV and BCV) it will happen. Since the particulars wont be revealed until after the Gondolas are completed it would be foolish to think otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter