Will these be the four attractions that Disney will want you to pay for? Could there be more?

Is the Virtual Queue setup strictly due to the newness of the attraction -or- is it also the area of the ride not being able to accommodate the amount of people that would be waiting in line?

I ask this because you'd think MMRR would be VQ too, but it has so much room out front of the attraction for it's queue.
If MMRR was in a different park I assume it would of been VQ

I also assume that when GotG opens that Remy will become standby/ala carte lightning lane

Decent virtual queue availability for Rise was only posted recently for the first time since it opened. That's about as close to Standby is one would get. Since Genie+ virtual queues will not be available at all for Rise or Remy (the 2 announced rides to use individual purchase), not sure whether they'll open a Standby lane when rare availability occurs in the future.

I thought Rise doesn't have a Standby line, only BGs assigned via MDE or GS/kiosk. ???

they don’t! So in a sense, if you don’t get a boarding group for Rise, or Rat or similar others in the future (Tron, Guardians), if they don’t update its boarding logistics and continue they way they operate, then yes, in essence, you *will* be paying to ride, which sets a very dangerous precedent. That said, you will still get the choice to not pay and take your chances with the lottery system.

I can't believe how far we have come from the Fast passes of old that were good to the remainder of the day... I thought that worked much better!

That said, I would pay an additional amount on top of the ticket price (like a premium) to upgrade to 3 or 4 fast passes per park per day that includes the big attractions...

Not sure if this has been asked...

We know that Remy will start with a VQ. If it operates the same as RotR, all guests who secure a VQ will ride when their group is called. Typically we walk through the standby line for RotR. Will that be the case for Remy?

Secondly, will the guests who pay to ride Remy through IAS enter the attraction using the Lightning Lane? Or will everyone use the same line no matter if you were able to snag a boarding group or you chose to pay for it?

Am I making sense or nah?

When we were there in June, we never waited more than 30 min except for FoP, Test Track, SDD and Mine Train. They were all either 45-60 min. So I personally think it’s definitely going to be those four and maybe a few others.

I really can't see that many people paying for an attraction that is not brand spankin new.

This ! Just my .02, and obviously, its a personal decision, but I wont pay any more than $10 for any attraction that we have already been on--- the only ones I might pay the $10 for, (that we have already been on, so not factoring in Remy) would be FoP and/or RoTR-

How many rides are there in Epcot now? With Remy, is it five? AK will be a joke, I think. FOP is awesome yes, but the rest, who would want to pay for the other rides?

Five? Been a while since you've been to Epcot?

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Mission Space
Nemo
Soarin'
Living With the Land
Figment
Frozen
Three Caballeros

Remy will make 10, and GotG will be 11.

Say you pay the $10 or whatever, is that for a one time ride or could you get multiple experiences of that same ride for the $10? I think I know the answer.

Five? Been a while since you've been to Epcot?

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Mission Space
Nemo
Soarin'
Living With the Land
Figment
Frozen
Three Caballeros

Remy will make 10, and GotG will be 11.
I was just thinking about the ones we ride, lol. Never been on Figment or Three Caballeros.

MK- SDMT- been there, done that so many times, no way I would pay for that.
AK- FOP- done it once, would not pay for it
HS- ROTR- never done it, my husband really wants too- may pay for it
EP- Remy- want to ride it soooooooo bad- I would pay for it

My hopes/plans:
MK- SDMT/Space Mtn - ride during Early Entry, park close or pmEMH
AK- FOP/Safari - ride during Early Entry or park close. I'd wait for Safari if needed and it's one of the few rides I like repeating.

Counting on free Virtual Queues to get on these:
HS- ROTR
EP- Remy
Wouldn't pay for RotR since we've ridden many times and likely to be the most expensive LL$+. Remy we have many strategies to try before considering to pay or not.

HS- MMRR, SDD or Smugglers as the other LL$+? Pretty sure we'll cover what g+ doesn't with Early Entry & park close.
EP- TT or Frozen as the other LL$+? Wouldn't pay even if our strategies to ride didn't work out. Won't change our life.

genie+:
We'll pay for at least some days of genie+, almost definitely 1 day each at HS & MK and maybe an AK/EP hopping day. If there's a deal for length of ticket might do that.

Expected budget for us under the new Genie system: $30-$100 per person for the whole trip

Last edited:
Pay for a ride? I thought I already was.

By the time I pay for park tickets, a stay in a resort, parking at the resort, the cost of meals, and the merchandise that we always get I thought I was already paying Disney quite a bit for the rides.

Okay, I guess I can pay for a few rides. Let's see. Stay offsite - save $2,000. Make breakfast at the condo - save $250. Let's make a few dinners at the condo - save $500. Why not take some lunches with us as well - save another $200. Maybe eat another couple of meals at some offsite places. - save another $250. Skip the merchandise - another $200.

With all these savings I guess I can afford to pay for a few rides. :)

it's one of the few rides I like repeating.

Counting on free Virtual Queues to get on these:
HS- MMRR, SDD or Smugglers as the other LL$+? Pretty sure we'll cover what g+ doesn't with Early Entry & park close.
smugglers was confirmed to be Genie + and not ALC Lightning Lanes per the initial information

the only confirmations was rides like haunted mansion & smugglers standby/G+ lightning lane// rides like SDMT and radiator springs racers standby or ALC Lightning Lane

rise of the resistance, Remy and web slingers virtual boarding group/ALC Lightning Lane

MK - 7 Dwarfs and Space (Tron)
Epcot - Remy and TT (GoGR)
DHS - Rise and Slinky (Maybe Mickey Minnie Railroad but not likely)
AK - FOP and Safari (maybe Expedition Everest)

MK: Rope Drop 7DMT. Space Mountain, no and if I can't get on it, then would probably skip it.

Epcot-Rope Drop TT, Remy virtual Queue. Would pay up to 12 dollars for Remy cause I got kids the right age for it.

DHS: Rope drop Slinky, and Rise VQ. maybe pay 5 or 6 bucks for Slinky cause of the kids.

AK: FOP rope drop, Safari same as Remy.

If Rope drop times are ridiculous, which some are during the holiday season (Tgiving 2022) I may fork up 5-10 dollars for them, but I also will look for low weight times. Of course, I'm spoiled and hate waiting for longer than 30 minutes. But two rides at 10 bucks each is already 80 bucks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter