Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

2019 Star Wars 5k was delayed and then shortened (~2.6 miles) because of a storm (with lightning) that was coming through about 30 minutes after the original start time. Then it was just a mass start as everyone made it back to the start line. We were sheltered in buses or inside EPCOT.
I think they try to do everything they can to have a race if at all possible even if it means shortening it. The 2017 Half didn’t allow them a safe way to have volunteers/workers set up the course or a way to shelter the number of runners that marathon weekend brings before the race started with a mile walkout to the start line.

Last edited:
It was pouring rain during the early part of the W&d half last year and the race went on. It was kind of fun, to be honest.

you can see some of the raindrops in this picture—you can’t tell, but my dress was soaked—but thankfully, it dried fast once the rain stopped.
View attachment 806283
How badly soaked were your shoes though? That is what I'm dreading the most...having to run 13.1 miles in wet running shoes.

Completely different things. The Expo check-in document is basically just a form that lets you show them that you have already electronically signed your waiver when you go to pick up your bib.
I'm packed and ready to go. Has anyone been successful with the check-in document that was supposed to be released yesterday? What do I do if I am traveling and haven't received it yet?

Also, what are things you are mentally telling yourself to make sure you pack? How many pairs of running shoes doe you bring for the 5K & Challenge?

I had no idea my medal had glow in the dark elements but got up in the middle of the night last night and noticed it! The 10K medal, on the corners. Please, someone else confirm so I know I'm not crazy.

I don't know if this one is glow in the dark but the Lumiere medal from the inaugural W&D challenge year glows. I have that one.

I'm packed and ready to go. Has anyone been successful with the check-in document that was supposed to be released yesterday? What do I do if I am traveling and haven't received it yet?

Also, what are things you are mentally telling yourself to make sure you pack? How many pairs of running shoes doe you bring for the 5K & Challenge?

The pass will be in your RD account. Just log on and get it at the expo.

I am bringing three pairs of shoes in case a pair gets wet, but I’m local and not at the mercy of the airlines.

I've brought two in the past but one pair (a well worn backup) is more used for walking around the parks.

I looked at my Challenge bib for last year.

20457 had me in B for the 10K and A for the half. My bib number is 150 higher this year so who knows.

ETA: same POT was used last year and this year 53:07 10K

Last edited:
24xxx for the Challenge
43xxx for the 5K

Looking like I'm in the last corral for the challenge based on last year's data. Womp womp. I'm not super concerned about being swept and I don't run all that fast, but I hate starting so late. I put my estimated time between 2:15-2:30 for reference (which honestly is not too far off this year after losing some weight and getting some speed back).

Looking at past races I’m guesstimating C for 10k and A or B for 5K based on previous placements

201xx for the challenge
14 numbers higher than last year with the same POT so I guess some have gotten faster times but should still be well within ‘A’ or S1.

24xxx for the Challenge
43xxx for the 5K

Looking like I'm in the last corral for the challenge based on last year's data. Womp womp. I'm not super concerned about being swept and I don't run all that fast, but I hate starting so late. I put my estimated time between 2:15-2:30 for reference (which honestly is not too far off this year after losing some weight and getting some speed back).
Shouldn't be the LAST corral. I had 23xxx last year and in corral C. 24xxx this year and I'm thinking either barely squeaking in C or probably D. Numbers for the Challenge go up >27xxx, which would be the last corral.

Shouldn't be the LAST corral. I had 23xxx last year and in corral C. 24xxx this year and I'm thinking either barely squeaking in C or probably D. Numbers for the Challenge go up >27xxx, which would be the last corral.
Well that's encouraging. I thought last year's challenge bibs ended at 25550 or something like that which is what made me think I was in the last one. C would be perfect actually, but happy with D as well.

ETA: Looks like the last challenge bib number is 28135.

Last edited:
The pass will be in your RD account. Just log on and get it at the expo.

I am bringing three pairs of shoes in case a pair gets wet, but I’m local and not at the mercy of the airlines.
I don't remember if this was possible to do in the past, but it was easy to add to my Apple Wallet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter