Wk of Jan. 20th-- WISH Walking/Running Club

Quick question if anyone is around....

If I started my workout last Saturday, and my walking days are Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, should I make Saturday my mileage building day, or Sunday since Monday is not walking?

Does that make sense? I've seen training plans that use both and as a new walker (for distance, not for intrahouse transportation, obviously), I don't want to overdo it and hurt myself....

Also, do I do my strength/stretch (yoga, pilates, etc) BEFORE I walk or after?

Jeanne - Everyone else has already said it, but YOU COMPLETED A MARATHON! End of story.

Angie - Hang in there, take it slow, and you'll be running a marathon in your WISH shoes in no time! Our stories are so similar, except that I didn't even have the ballet - just piano (1 yr) and Girl Scouts and church group to keep me entertained - NOTHING that required any talent. This is truly the first thing I've ever done that required a commitment, so that Donald medal means an awful lot to me! :donald:

Ran 10 this morning with a small version of our Galloway group. 6 of us started out together, 3 turned around at the 3 mile point, so only 3 of us finished the 10 miles. Half the group didn't show up because it was "too cold." It was a balmy 30 degrees at 7:30. Maybe I've been on the WISH boards too long - that seemed pretty warm to me!

Off to buy tickets to the 2/21 "Spirit!"

Jackie

Angie--those shoes are very cool!

I LOVED the Marathon movie, if you have a chance, see it!!

I have still not run one time since the Half, hopefully tomorrow will be my day. I did take Power Pump at the gym on Wednesday and I am still a bit sore today--that is really pitiful!!!

Friday's are my craziest day, so I am still trying to catch up from yesterday!!!

I hope everyone had a great week!

Good afternoon all!! This is odd for me, being on in the afternoon. This is a pretty quick drive by as I am in from the cold momentarily.

Today was 7.23 miles of skiing. It is beautiful outside, 20 degrees, sunny and just pristine skiing so I opted for that instead of a run. Best plan I had all week!!!

Also, a quick shout out to Team 4 from the team miles game. I still have not heard from Westcliffemom and Cruella de mom. Just want to bring you up to speed in that we are now the Super Goofs and miles/hours posting will begin on 2/1. I will start the thread early a.m. on Friday and you all can post your totals from there. I think this is not only going to be fun but keep us all moving toward our ultimate goals this year, even if that is just to keep going!!!

Have a great day all, keep on working hard and, oh yeah, have fun too!!!!

Please add me back to the WISH roster. :-)

Ok something in the universe has shifted *peering at the name* that CAN'T be my running partner can it? :scared1:

Please change her mind on the 15K she's back to saying nope not gonna happen. She's doing the 5K ... Susan, I can carry my own water get your tush on the 15K sign up log!

Oh and sell her on the E.E. 5K for Sept too. I already have the bestest training plan for this one *evil smiley*

Oh and Vic as i'm reading and catching up a bit I saw your post to Matt about offering up suggestions for 5Ks when he's got the odd weekend off. What are friends for huh? LOL

I can't wait to see everyone again :grouphug:

Just a heads up, the "WDW Radio Show" Podcast for January 20th is mostly about the Marathon! Lots of tips, personal experiences, descriptions of the course. The hosts all ran/ran-walked the Half Marathon.

You can find it in iTunes store under their Podcast guide, or here:
http://www.wdwradio.com/

Ginnyfavers!!! I read your post about being 'too fabulous' for the undeserving and was totally :lmao:

Angie!!! Love the shoes!!! My gym shoes are Brooks and I can't recall which but they are Bright Green/grey and whenever I put them on I think of the team. I currently wear NB 1222 and the new style is 1223 which again is BRIGHT GREEN and grey. Woohoo!!! I have to hunt a pair down soon but not too worried as it's the newly released style.

Ray is currently hunting down a showing for the Spirit of the Marathon for us to catch on Feb 21. Thanks for the heads up on how it went, I totally forgot about it myself. I'll be sure to take a box of tissues ;)

Good day all! I hope you are making the most of the weekend!

I want to report a trip to the YMCA in which I ran (yes ran!) 3.0 miles with an overall pace of 10:43. I had some shin splints, but I think that is still left over hurt from my last run and working out on the TM. I had to pause it a couple times to stretch out, then got back to it.

Keep up the training everyone!

:grouphug:

Howard

Also, a quick shout out to Team 4 from the team miles game. I still have not heard from Westcliffemom and Cruella de mom. Just want to bring you up to speed in that we are now the Super Goofs and miles/hours posting will begin on 2/1. I will start the thread early a.m. on Friday and you all can post your totals from there. I think this is not only going to be fun but keep us all moving toward our ultimate goals this year, even if that is just to keep going!!!

I posted on the Miles Team Game Rosters PLEASE CHECK thread, sorry you didn't see it. Super Goofs sounds fine. I've been out of town.

I just saw about the Expedition Everest Challenge. I have reservations for free dining bounceback for during that time. I was reading the event info and wondering what it would be like. $100 for a 5K seems like a lot for me. I don't really need the park ticket, I have an AP. Is anybody else thinking about doing this event?

ETA: OOPS, I didn't see the other thread about the EE5K!

Hello everyone! Just checking in for a minute. No run for me today - I had an Open House this morning at my school (I'm the Director of Admissions), and I came home feeling like I was hit by a truck! It was a good event, but I was a bit disappointed with the number of people who came. There is some major construction/road closure going on with the road our school is on, and I think some families were confused and didn't make it. I did get some good "cross-training" in by having to carry multiple loads of folding chairs up and and down the stairs!

I am really looking forward to going out and running tomorrow. I need the stress relief (Monday is going to be another really long day).

One of things I've been surprised by since I've started running again is how sleepy I am, particularly the day after I go for a run! I don't feel like I am increasing my energy output that much since I'm only run/walking 3 times a week, but I seem to be needing more sleep (and not getting it). Is this just me, or is this a predictable part of the process?

cut and paste this link into your browser for all my photos of the expo, Donald Duck Half + Mickey Mouse Full = Goofy Race and a Half Challenge 2008.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=nvfx39j.a7wd70qn&Uy=39t7v1&Ux=0

Aloha,
Jeff

Hi Jeff! I got a message that the album was not found. Do I need to join or something? :confused3

Jeff,

This is the message I'm getting (after copying and pasting the link into a browser):

Album Not Found
We're sorry, but the online album you're looking for is unavailable. The owner may have deleted the album after sharing it with you, or the link you used may be incorrect.

To view the album, please contact the person who originally shared the album with you and ask them to share it again.

Over to the left is a sign-in form for returning users.

I'm thinking that the browser cookies are allowing you to get into the album. Not sure though. Darn, I want to see pics. :upsidedow

I tried too Susie, and got the same message...

Kira - I'm really tired also - I cant tell you how much I sleep at night, and the naps I've been taking - i figure I'm fighting a cold tho!!

Fdil (Future daughter in law) called to arrange to do a 2 mile run in the park tomorrow!! No hiding from that!! ;)

Hello team :goodvibes:

I'm almost back in full swing now after Goofy. I did 4 miles on Thursday (9:03mpm), 30 minutes of elliptical yesterday, a brisk 4 mile walk today (~12mpm) and pilates both Thurs and today. I'm still torn on the distance for tomorrow...my base is 8 miles but I may just go for 6 depending on how my body is feeling. Glad that some warmer temps are slated though :)

Christa
- How'd the run go today? Did you get the shirt (or did someone beat you to it? :rotfl: )

MSDave - Hope the ITB issues fade for you...I know that can be frustrating to deal with.

Angie
- Cool shoes!! Someone needs to contact Asics to make them the official WiSH running shoe ;) You're gonna be super color coordinated out there. I know that Amy (AmyBeth68) likes a full size bigger, while i go for a half size larger (she's Kayano, I'm 2130)...I guess it just depends on your feet ;)

Howard - Nice to see that the pain is subsiding and you are getting back into a normal routine! I think you've officially done more training now post-Goofy than you did pre-Goofy ;)

Stacey - I've definitely got the Everest event on my radar. It's more of an adventure race/scavenger hunt kind of thing than just a straight 5k I think. I'm with you on the AP issue though.

Jeff
- The photo link comes up with the error for me too...

I know I missed a ton of people...so I hope everyone else is well and that training is going good :)

Have a nice evening!

Ginnyfavers!!! I read your post about being 'too fabulous' for the undeserving and was totally :lmao:
;)

Thanks, but if it was in real life I'm sure I would have just gone blank and felt like crud like the op, snappy comebacks are waaay easier from behind a screen with some time to think about it. By the way, my son is named Miles, and I call him Milo for a nickname often!

Just wanted to say, I bought an iPod Shuffle today, they were on sale at Target for $75. Gonna head out to the treadmill here in a minute with an hour & 1/2 long podcast on it, planning on doing 4.5 miles tonight!

I just watched the first half of "Supersize Me" so I'm all motivated to do something healthy!!!

I'm a newbie and planning to run my first marathon in Jan '09. I'm charting this course with my DH and we are so excited. He's been more of a runner than me over the years. Does anyone have a plan they suggest for someone just starting out and looking to get their base miles started and increased?

Additionally, I'm so excited to have read about the Spirit of the Marathon! It's showing right down the street for it's encore presentation and we'll be there. It looks very motivating. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter