Wk of Jan. 20th-- WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
AKBabe Jennifer MD
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
araishin Chet FL
ArelysAdriana FL
AuntieM03 Michelle
beckyb29 Becky NC
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blizzard Carol AB
Calcio Craig MA
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
cguill Chuck MO
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny SC
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DJBounce Darcey IA
Duanerice Duane FL
EPCOTDUDE Bob NJ
escape Susie AR
fan_of_small_world Cari NJ
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
ginnyfavers Amanda FL
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
goofyinohio Chris OH
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters Renee
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
ironz TX
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
jimmduck
jims2cool Jim IL
jmasgat Maura MI
Jodi Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kira G Kira PA
klh-or Karla OR
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
Larahb Lara PA
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen AU
lourodrigis Lou NJ
maherae Anne FL
MarkMichaels Mark IA
MelRhoads Melissa AR
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
MomofCKJ Allyson MA
momoftwogirls Kathy VA
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
ms.mightyduck NJ
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
princessmomma/Theta Colleen NC
princessrunner Lisa ME
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
Sandy321 Sandy IL
sap1227 Christy FL
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa Tina
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
Villains Rock Eva OH
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

I did 3 slow miles this morning in dense fog (100% humidity :scared1: ) Visibility was easily less than half a mile. Sure was nice getting up at 7:30 instead of 5 to do a LR though ::yes:: Time was 37:35 for a 12:32 pace.

I have done some of the annual WISH team list housecleaning. For new folks, I try to trim the list of screen names that seem like we havent seen them around in awhile. If you're still out there, please let me know and I'll add you back in. Nothing personal, my memory's not always as sharp as it could be :joker:

My personal question for this week: I think Carrie's planning another shirt order soon. Would anyone be interested in getting WISH team tech shirts in addition to the classic WISH shirt? The last two WDW weekends have been warm and we have folks doing races all over the place and throughout the year so I was thinking something a little lighter in weight. Chester mentioned these guys awhile back and I saw their booth at the Expo:
http://www.raceready.com/men/4050.html
They have mens/womens Tshirts and singlets. Looks like they would do team merchandise for us. I think it would be more expensive than our classic shirts, but would be well worth it for folks training and racing in warmer weather. If anyone's interested, please PM or post.

Just a note...this starts the fifth training year for the WISH team :woohoo: Thanks to those of you from the 2005 races that were an inspiration to so many of us: Lily, Lynnda, Bill, Heather, Sunny?, who am I missing that's still with us?

:welcome: to all our new folks! It's great to see so many people joining us! If I've missed adding your name to the list, just jump up and down or holler :yay:

Jen...want to come down for Minnie and we'll call it #4 races together :woohoo:

Y'all doing the Krispy Kreme challenge have to promise to post pictures!

We're thinking about POR/POFQ/OKW for next year's marathon weekend, but I'm a bit worried about how crowded the buses might be. Any thoughts from those of you that stayed there this year?

Please add me to the list. :yay:

I did 6 miles today after doing 5 on Thursday. My body has responded well after the Marathon so I'm very happy. It took me 70 minutes today to get in just over 6 miles. Of course it's freezing here at close to 0 so I was on the treadmill.

Chris in Ohio.

Mel, I am soooo on that Shirt Idea... I promised Carrie I would NOT miss this order!!! LOL!! I think alot of folks would like the idea of the new shirt design.. just from conversations I heard over the weekend. I would like ANY shirt to wear!! (Thanks Anne for my Scream Team shirt!!!... I felt like someone important in it!!! :) You are the Best!!!!) :thumbsup2

Kathy

Mel - I would love a more techy tech shirt. Love the current ones, but those suckers are HOT!:furious:

I would like ANY shirt to wear!! (Thanks Anne for my Scream Team shirt!!!... I felt like someone important in it!!! :) You are the Best!!!!) :thumbsup2
Kathy
Kathy - Did I miss it? Were you going around sans shirt prior to running into Anne? :confused3 I'm sure I would have noticed if you were topless when we got on the bus together at Pop Saturday morning!

Mel: I am in on the tech shirt idea also. I gave my mom and aunt my shirts to wear for the half this past weekend as I knew I would melt if I wore one. I did find a lime green tech shirt to wear but definitely not as noticeable and those glowing WISH shirts!! I think your idea is tops! :thumbsup2

Today is off for me (I've had a lot of those lately) and of course, I am parked on the sofa at 3 p.m. today for the Pats game!!!! Next week is back to normal for me. I need to find a marathon for this year to give me a goal. I'd love to find one in a place for family vacation besides WDW (DH has grounded me :confused: ) so any ideas for warm places in the fall/early winter that have an awesome (and hopefully flat) course would be welcomed!! :rolleyes:

Tech shirts sound good. Also, I was wondering if someone will ever do a hat order again? My friend that was scream teaming for the half for me said that I should of gotten a hat, that's what they saw first even before the shirts! '

I did 3 miles yesterday, slowly, just getting back into the groove. I thought it was strange last night sleeping though, I got a charley horse, which I've never had problems with!

Mel Yes to the tech shirt for this naturally insulated guy. One consideration -- the shirts you linked seem to be a type of waffle weave. Does anyone know whether this may affect printing on them? I don't have any experience as to whether tech shirts from races are a similar waffle type material. Also, thinking outside the box and not based on personal experience, might such a material require extra Bodygliding for men to avoid "the Day After" video, white dress shirt isue?

Kathy/Valentine--:scared1: Now I miss not being there so as to miss you folks after even more.

I'm not sure if there is any thought as to a new design for the team shirt, but I just wanted to add that on other forums on which I lurk, I've seen several posts by people who saw the WISH shirts at WDW and the DLF>DNF>>DNS motto was mentioned as inspiring them during the events.

GO PATS

Good morning everyone! Man, feels weird not having to get ready for a LR this morning.

My blisters are finally healing up. I have never experienced blisters this bad before. Not fun. Hopefully, I can get back on the road/TM this week.

Mel - I'm in for the tech shirt deal. Also, the buses at POR, to the marathon, are fine. Can't speak for normal traveling to and from the parks.

Mel

Kathy - Did I miss it? Were you going around sans shirt prior to running into Anne? :confused3 I'm sure I would have noticed if you were topless when we got on the bus together at Pop Saturday morning!

Now Now, I can't have our pretty princesses running around in various stages of undress unless I can be there to watch over them. They are so very precious to us all don't cha know.

I like the idea of new techy shirts, I do a lot of races in the spring and summer in WISH Team attire. Let the new company know that those shirts are to be made with love and sprinkled with pixey dust.

Anyone else still feel a deep down tiredness besides me?

I'm tired of cold weather, I wanna go back to DisneyWorld. I was trying to decribe to a co-worker yesterday about how when you are there it really is like being in a different world. She couldn't quite grasp it, Disney is wasted on the young anyway. You have to be seasoned to really feel the magic.

Have a great day y'all.

Coffee craving Panda:hippie:

First, thank you so much for including me! :banana:

I LOVE the tech shirt idea. My only comment is that for some of us ladies who have a certain body shape, a crew neck shirt is not flattering, and with the way a sports bra works, I need a v-neck. I'm not sure if they'll be accommodating to mens vs womens styles--I'm pretty small and men's sizes make me look silly.... I don't know if I'm the only one who has that concern, though. Just my feedback. :)

Third, the only issue with POR when we stayed there last summer is that the way it is laid out, some people have a LONG walk to the bus stop, and for regular park touring, the wait can be long. We weren't on a time crunch, but we did get soaked walking to the bus stop, and we had a "close" room.

Finally, yesterday was DAY ONE for my new training program. I started with a slow walk and then maintained 3.3-3.8 for most of the time for 3.5 miles (I walked for 3.5 miles in 65 minutes). Today my ankles are tight. My shoes were fitted for me at a running store, so I'm wondering if that's a "I need more strength in my ankles" issue vs. "I need different shoes" issue. Any ideas?

My butt is also a little sore. I told my husband that I suppose walking uses different butt muscles than sitting on the sofa... :rolleyes1

Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

Mel- Thanks for starting the thread as always. I'd be up for a cool max WISH shirt. I checked out the "workout singlets" and they look nice too. Are we thinking Lime or Yellow? Thanks for looking into it, and I think SteelerSteve has a Race Ready shirt. Maybe he can comment on how he likes them.

Would people be interested in another team sock order again? Maybe there's some more enthusiasm now that everyone's back from WDW.

I ran yesterday for the first time in almost 10 days. I've been having some hip irritation lately, and I decided to rest it. I think it is the dreaded ITB syndrome. I had been solely working out on the exercise bike in the meantime. Saturday is my Fleet Feet group run so I figured I would give it a try. It was an adequate run - not great, but not horrible either. My left hip was a little tight and sore, but not too bad. But my legs just felt tight in general. I'm chalking that up to all the biking I was doing (which I've never done before), and the fact I hadn't run in 10 days. I did 6.6 miles in a little over an hour for ~9:20 mpm. It was good to get out there and going again.

DIS UNPLUGGED PODCAST PHOTO CONTEST
I'm begging for HELP from my WISH teammates! Please vote for my Podcast Photo Contest Pics! Could I recruit some of my friends/teammates to check out some of my photos and vote if you like any. Thanks. If you want to vote for a photo, I think you need to log into the photopost site. Click the login link in the upper right hand corner of the blue box.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=93578

Mel, I would love to get in on ANY WISH shirt order! :) Being a newbie, I don't have any WISH gear yet except the wonderful backpackss which are awesome and very generous!!! So, I'd be up for tech and/or cotton. I'd also be up for socks! So easy to please!:lmao:
Started the Biggest Loser 6-week workout program yesterday a.m. then did the Sansone 3-mile walk at home last night (too cold to go out). Sure is different to walk--I'm sore in my hips and thighs--and butt, too!

Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

Mel- Thanks for starting the thread as always. I'd be up for a cool max WISH shirt. I checked out the "workout singlets" and they look nice too. Are we thinking Lime or Yellow? Thanks for looking into it, and I think SteelerSteve has a Race Ready shirt. Maybe he can comment on how he likes them.

Would people be interested in another team sock order again? Maybe there's some more enthusiasm now that everyone's back from WDW.

I ran yesterday for the first time in almost 10 days. I've been having some hip irritation lately, and I decided to rest it. I think it is the dreaded ITB syndrome. I had been solely working out on the exercise bike in the meantime. Saturday is my Fleet Feet group run so I figured I would give it a try. It was an adequate run - not great, but not horrible either. My left hip was a little tight and sore, but not too bad. But my legs just felt tight in general. I'm chalking that up to all the biking I was doing (which I've never done before), and the fact I hadn't run in 10 days. I did 6.6 miles in a little over an hour for ~9:20 mpm. It was good to get out there and going again.

DIS UNPLUGGED PODCAST PHOTO CONTEST
I'm begging for HELP from my WISH teammates! Please vote for my Podcast Photo Contest Pics! Could I recruit some of my friends/teammates to check out some of my photos and vote if you like any. Thanks. If you want to vote for a photo, I think you need to log into the photopost site. Click the login link in the upper right hand corner of the blue box.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=93578

Dave, just viewed/voted and you have some really fun shots! Good luck! I love the Pooh picture and the Castle with the ears! What adorable girls!!

Dave, just viewed/voted and you have some really fun shots! Good luck! I love the Pooh picture and the Castle with the ears! What adorable girls!!
Oh, thank you soooo much. I really appreciate your comments, and your voting.

I would love a tech shirt. I ordered the sleeveless shirt last time and it is like a dress on me - I'm not quite even sure I could run in it. I was glad I got the hat, too. If we do tech shirts I'll order for both DH and myself.

I thought this Krispy Kreme thing you guys were talking about was a joke! OMG, I love it! :lmao:

Got a short easy run today but it is 15 degrees and it says it feels like 3!!! :eek: And I'm in Atlanta! Sooo, I think I am gonna wait until this afternoon. :surfweb:

Thanks for including this newbie too! I'm from MA if you want to add that next time you update the list---GO PATS! :banana:

I would love any shirt being new and excited to be on the WISH team! Tell me when and where to order and I'll do it!

I am still just using our elliptical to get this body used to the idea of consistant exercise. I am pretty proud of myself, I only missed one day this week and logged a total of 13 miles, that is a big deal for me!

I want to go to a recommended shoe store next week and get a real pair of running shoes. I have some walking sneakers right now but I want someone to fit me and get the right pair. I have very narrow feet and I feel like I turn in my foot (is that pronating?). What tips do you have for someone getting their first pair of shoes? What should I look for?

Allyson

If yesterday was my first training day, and I know I can't work out on Tuesday because I need to get a cracked tooth fixed at the dentist (which will involve valium because someone is dentist-phobic :rolleyes1 ), should I do yoga or pilates today to stretch the tight bits and then walk again tomorrow (Monday)? My schedule has me walking Saturday AND Sunday and then Tuesday, and I am thinking three treadmill days to start may be too much? :confused3

Any feedback would be appreciated. I have a full afternoon/evening and think getting the workout done in the morning may be the best way to keep it from getting "bumped" on my days off....

I want to go to a recommended shoe store next week and get a real pair of running shoes. I have some walking sneakers right now but I want someone to fit me and get the right pair. I have very narrow feet and I feel like I turn in my foot (is that pronating?). What tips do you have for someone getting their first pair of shoes? What should I look for?

Allyson

Hi, Allyson! I'm new here too!

I'm far from an expert, but I went to a running specialty store and got fitted for shoes. He had me walk in my socks with my pant legs rolled up so he could see how my body mechanics work and he said that the overpronation (rolling in) was mild (I would have said it was a lot, but I had been treated for it as a child and didn't realize how much they had corrected!). He then pulled out several different shoes that worked for me (stability shoes for mild pronation) and I walked around in each pair. I also tried on each pair in two sizes to be sure they were the best fit. Because I have a small bunion and I mentioned that the trim there often rubs, he immediately eliminated the pair that included that.

He did the same for my husband, who IS a runner (!), and let him jog the parking lot to check fit. If you are going to a specialty store and not the mall, I would let them do their job and go by how they feel.

Oh, and I wasn't allowed to LOOK at the shoes--he said if I thought they were "cute," bonus! But that I shouldn't let appearance guide me.

Good luck! I think my new running shoes *are* cute, but I also know it isn't important. :)

And 13 elliptical miles--wow!

BTW, I sat one night and read your trip report--really well done! I was entertained!

Morning teammates!! SO glad I'm not having to get out for a LR this am. It's cold here! And just so my team feels a little love here this am--GO PACK GO!!!! I really want to see Favre win--and then take down oh-brady-what's-his-face in the Super Bowl! Sorry Pats fans....but even though we have team ties to the pats, once a Packer, always a Packer!

Dave--didn't post any comments on the pics (did I need to?) But I did vote--love the WISH photos--especially the ones of the family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter