Women lost at sea for months. What do you think?

But how did they plan to cook any of those? I doubt they had a years worth of fuel to run a generator.

A solar powered battery charger with their batteries and a heavy duty inverter might be able to power a microwave oven or a kettle. I'm guessing electric stove too. I wouldn't expect the kind of rig that home solar has, but just to power some electronics would work.

Fwiw, they were “rescued” 6 days before the story broke. Not that it’s enough to explain their decent appearances, but just adding it in.

Update: just read another article on them on NPR. Seems the main sailor, Appel, is driving this whole thing. Lots of metaphors. They thought they’d be dead in 24 hours bc of the Taiwanese boat that was trying to help them (!) and which happens to be the same boat that radioed the coast guard to report them.

Non-story that went out of control it seems.

Last edited:
It now sounds like things may not have been quite as they seemed with this story. Do you think the women were really at sea for close to five months and were really in trouble, or were they trying to score a book or movie deal out of their ordeal?

In the comment sections, boaters mentioned that a boat at sea for months wouldn't have so much algae on the hull and other things I wouldn't have thought about. It does seem suspicious to me.

They are completely full of it. :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter