Wonder dining servers

tigerchic89

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for recommendations for dining servers on the Wonder. On our last Wonder cruise, Alaska May 2016, our dining team was fine, but we are looking for someone else. During one of our lunches in the MDR, we had a tall male server who was from Jamacia, but we can not remember his name. He was very quick whitted and funny. Any ideas?

We were a party of 4 adults and we really loved our server, Hernan from Chile. Hard working and so nice to chat with - he has been with DCL a long time and we can't wait to request him on next years EBPC.

Aby

We were a party of 4 adults and we really loved our server, Hernan from Chile. Hard working and so nice to chat with - he has been with DCL a long time and we can't wait to request him on next years EBPC.

Aby
We had Hernan as well on our 8/8 Alaskan cruise, with Olena as the assistant server. Yes, they're both very hard working, they were also great with DD12 and DD16. On less busy nights they did magic tricks and origami.

We also had Felipe from Peru at breakfast 2 mornings--and he was wonderful as well. We had him for our character breakfast, DD16 was feeling seasick--he brought green apples and gingerale for her. He recognized us at the buffet the next day and asked if DD16 was feeling better--which really impressed us that he would remember us from breakfast the day before.

Felipe from Peru is awesome! We had him on our west coast repo cruise a few years ago, and then again when we requested him two years ago. We've requested him again for our upcoming cruise in November. He is super friendly, he remembers our names and he does everything in his power to ensure we're enjoying ourselves.

We had Nebojsa and Chamnan on our last trip on the Wonder and they were fantastic. It was our third cruise and they were hands down the best team of all three of our cruises. Chamnan especially was wonderful. The assistant server can really make or break the team, we've found. Our last assistant server on the Magic was a mess and then our server ended up constantly trying to do his job as well which made him not such a great server, so I think if you have a great assistant server, things really fall into place.

We had Ralph (Wreck it Ralph) from Jamaica and Phapakorn (Popcorn) from Thailand. They were both wonderful with the adults and kids at our table. We have had Popcorn in the past, this was our 2nd time with him. He remembered our family from 4 years ago! We have requested both for our next cruise on the Wonder as well.

Very attentive, and did lots of fun things with the kids. Taught them fun ways to fold napkins and tricks.

I'm looking for recommendations for dining servers on the Wonder. On our last Wonder cruise, Alaska May 2016, our dining team was fine, but we are looking for someone else. During one of our lunches in the MDR, we had a tall male server who was from Jamacia, but we can not remember his name. He was very quick whitted and funny. Any ideas?
How do you request servers? My son is very quick witted and he enjoys having fun with new people.

How do you request servers? My son is very quick witted and he enjoys having fun with new people.
I've only done it once, I called DCL a few weeks before the cruise and the person on the phone typed it into my reservation. At 1st dinnertime we were thrilled to see our requested server.

Personally, I don;t think that I will ever request someone unless I have personal experience with them. I think that 99% of the servers are awesome. Just sometimes your family clicks with someone better. And someone who clicks with one family might not be the same perfect fit for my family.

Can anyone PM me detailed info for Nathan from the Philippines who was on the Wonder last fall and then moved to Dream? I need his last name to request ..TIA

Can anyone PM me detailed info for Nathan from the Philippines who was on the Wonder last fall and then moved to Dream? I need his last name to request ..TIA

Did you ever get Nathan's last name? I am in search of it too

Were you ever able to figure out Nathan's last name? I am in search of it too.

Just a note - it is best to request one server rather than a team. Teams do not always stay together, and if requested the assigner will not know which is more important and you may end up with neither.

Also, it is best to stick with one dining request - server OR rotation - as again, multiple requests make it hard as your requested server may not be on your requested rotation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter