Woodfields Florida Foray Day 10

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 10
Today had been designated a lazy day (good thing as the girls hadn’t come in till 5am!!!!) Us oldies had a leisurely breakfast and then waited for the transport that had been arranged for us to go to a Marriott presentation!! First black mark – they didn’t turn up!! We phoned – and waited – and phoned and waited – then they came (only 40 minutes late!!). We had been told that we would be going to Horizons which is opposite our resort but the driver took us down to Grande Vista which I thought was just a change of plan – booked in – blank looks!!!! We were told to take a seat – everyone else around appeared to have allocated sales people who came and went rapidly – we sat and waited, and waited! I know this was meant to be a lazy day but I would have preferred to do other things than hang around waiting for timeshare presentations!! 30 minutes later a salesperson arrived – very apologetic!! We went into the room – listened and then were taken around Grande Vista – lovely units. Taken to Horizons – again very impressive (we own timeshare so know the show units well!!) We went to view Imperial Palms and decided we would like to buy the one on offer so we had completed most of the paperwork and were more or less ready to sign when I started questioning a few things on the contract. Our salesman said he would go and find out the answers to our questions for us and then 15 minutes later came back and told us sorry but it was no longer available. Well I was gutted and so we said bye – we were then told he would look at inventory and try and come up with something else!! (We had been with him for over 6 hours by now!!) We said ok and we were dropped back at the resort! Mike and his friend Rod were with the girls and they asked us to join them for an evening out which we readily accepted. Mike took the girls and MIL with them and we caught the I-ride to save Mike having two trips!! DH & I knew vaguely where we were going but as Mike hadn’t really known the exact location of our destination it was rather hit and miss – we found each other (more by luck than judgement!!). The original plan had been ice-skating but when we arrived we found it had closed down two months before and so we opted to go tenpin bowling instead. Probably a much safer bet for us all!!
Getting our bowling shoes were fun – trying to sort out English sizes into American was interesting to say the least. We at last got sorted with our shoes and found our lane. DD#1 soon logged our names on the overheads and so the fun started!!! We have been a few times as a family in the UK, MIL is used to playing bowls on a nice village green and Mike and Rod said they had been a few times – this coupled with the fact that I just cant hit anything made it an interesting evening!! We asked for the bumpers to be put up – and were asked, "What is the age of the youngest in your party?” When we answered 19 they laughed and said no the bumpers can’t go up!!! Spoilsports!! Both MIL (not long had op for breast cancer) and DD#1 (just had fallopian tube and ovary removed) found they had to adjust their way of bowling to accommodate their scars!! We had the most hilarious game of tenpin bowling ever and we were laughing so hard we could hardly bowl anyway!! MIL is a real character and she was determined to carry on even though after about 10 goes she still hadn’t even got even one pin down! Well she decided she would stand with her back to the pins and then bowl between her legs - well imagine the uproar when she got most of the pins down!!!! She was thrilled and so were we!!! Two of us ended up on our bottoms and I nearly went down the lane as my finger got stuck in one of the holes. Oh the memories we have of that night!!! We rounded off the evening by going for a really fantastic meal at TGI Fridays where the fun carried on!! Both DD#1 and DD#2 are very quick witted and have a dry sense of humour and when they are together they are on a roll (think they would make a brilliant comedy act) Well poor Mike and Rod find the girls hard to follow at times as English is not their first language!! They did come unstuck at one point as they spoke in Spanish and as DD#1 works in Lanzarote she speaks a fair bit of Spanish and so surprised them by answering them in Spanish!!!! Mike insisted on taking us all home so he took us oldies home first and then went back for the girls and Rod. We retired to bed at midnight but the girls, Mike and Rod stayed up talking till the early hours of the morning!!

6 hours at a timeshare presentation!!!!!! :crazy:

Was it a condition of hiring your accomodation? (My DS had to go to one as a condition of getting a discount or something) :rolleyes1

You sound like you had great fun when you went bowling. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter