World of Disney Store

https://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/w...k-world-of-disney-opens-at-disney-springs.htm

From above:

"In this first phase, the redesigned half of the store is now open, and the remaining half is now closed for work.

The new look is much more open than before, with the entire store now visible from end-to-end. There is also new-look much more in-keeping with the Disney Springs feel - exposed brick and a more industrial look. Design inspiration is said to be an animator's loft.

Although the store has reopened, it is not yet complete, and there is much more to come, including special effects and additional fixtures. These are expected to be in place for when the entire remodel is complete in late 2019, and are currently hidden behind scrims."

I think this is just the "bones" of the redesign. We have to wait another year for completion.
It will be finished in a few months.

We went there the night of June 4th and between the smallness, the bare shelves, and except for the merchandise nothings said Disney. I can go to any outlet mall why waste an evening there? And on top of that openly drunk people and my 17 year old has told me that we are never going back to Disney Springs again. They really have to do something about the quantity and quality of the merchandise anyways. My 17 year old shopping queen had $1400 to spend. She brought back $1100 and she tried to find things to buy.

I just have to ask... what would a 17 year old spend $1400 buying at Disney World? Serious question, not being snarky. Just wondering what she was looking for with that kind of money to spend.

Sweet baby Jesus in the manger...the dang store didn't have a "THEME" prior to the refurb. Unless you consider "crowded and hard to navigate" a theme (seriously, solving the Legend of Zelda was easier than getting around that store. I felt like I needed a Sherpa guide and maybe slay a dragon before moving to the next room).

It's lovely. I look forward to checking it out when it's done.

My thoughts exactly. I liked the store when it opened years ago. But it had become a mess to shop in there anytime but the morning/ early afternoon. So crowded you had a hard time moving around & forget trying to find family members who wandered off. All the little rooms were sometimes disorienting: did I check in there? Oh, wait there’s another room, no already was there. And if you found a register, hopefully it was organized & you actually got waited on when it was your turn. I haven’t enjoyed shopping there in years.

We were there in early June and they only had the "old" side open then. I had no idea the store was being remodeled and initially thought they cut the store in half. Ran into a cast member and asked her about it, nicely. She must have gotten lots of questions and complaints because she was pretty snarky and told me she closed 1/2 of the store just ruin everyone's vacation. I was kind of like, um, OK, just a question. She then changed her tone and said the dwarfs are working really hard to remodel the store.

Magic, world problems or not, so far the pictures of the new store don't seem all that exciting to me. Too bare bones, etc. Although I am a long time Disney fan and loved the old Disney Store designs as well. I hear they are going to do projections etc later. I will reserve my opinion until it's completely done and I see it open again in person. I do remember, years ago, when they built the World of Disney, there were complaints then that Disney was "ruining" the shopping village, by pulling out unique stores, etc. and turning it into a big toy store. But, over time, it became a beloved store.. Or... the old fans of the original shopping village are just fading away. :)

I just have to ask... what would a 17 year old spend $1400 buying at Disney World? Serious question, not being snarky. Just wondering what she was looking for with that kind of money to spend.
Well I gave the 8 year old $400 and she bought the special edition banshee, some Pokémon in Epcot and almost half on Harry Potter stuff on the day I sent her there. I expected Gwen to buy clothes for school ( she loves Disney clothes) but found almost nothing. Even I noticed a serious lack of variety in clothes. During our 2006,2008 and 2012 trips I was able to get golf shirts from every resort we stayed at. This time I found the same shirt with Mickey stitched on it in every store just different colors.

Just returned home from 2 week vacation and we went there early in our trip and shopped in the 1/2 I remodeled store. Then at the end of the trip we went back and initially we were so confused. They had closed the area we had shopped in and opened the remodeled side. I didn’t mind it but my daughter was upset - she liked the Disney touches in the old store. (She was not super upset - more bummed that it was pretty basic). They now have a central checkout area with 1 line that splits right and left with mult cashiers on each side. It moved quickly. Will be curious to see it next year when we return.
One thing we did notice is LEGO needs to either clean or redo a lot of their large construction pieces around the store. They are very dirty and the color isn’t looking as good. Not an easy task but they are very much showing their wear

This looks like a Bass Pro Shop. I'm sure we'll still enjoy shopping there, however.

What still gets my goat is the name change. Disney Springs just sounds like a mattress company to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter