World showcase restaurant recommendations

tom1944

DIS Veteran
What do you recommend?

We ate at San Angel Inn last year and enjoyed the meal.

Thinking about Biergarten or Rose and Crown but open to others

Thanks

Nine Dragons is underrated - we really enjoy it for lunch and it’s consistently good. Shiki-sai is also solid - go for their sushi. If you are looking for a nice dinner, Takumi Tei is excellent.

We have enjoyed both Biergarten and Rose and Crown in the past, but IMHO Rose and Crown needs to add one or two more entrees (back?) to the menu to make it a place we want to visit again. Biergarten is a buffet, the food has been good, and there is a live band for entertainment. Definitely recommend if you've never been.

We've also enjoyed Hacienda (though it's similar to San Angel Inn), Le Cellier and Teppan Edo in the past.

I considered it but my wife has trouble with spicy food. Would there be selections that could work for her?

We also have a 5-year-old so I worry about her choices.
Absolutely! The food there isn't spicy - by that I mean hot. It is flavoured with spices if that makes sense. They have wonderful pita/naan bread with chickpea spread to dip it in (the spread is sprinkled with pomegranate seeds), the hummus fries (again not spicy), and my absolute favourite was the spicy shrimp with peri-peri sauce. I know it says spicy but, it isn't, which is something I was looking for, but the flavour is in one word: divine! They also have a wonderful calamari - the best I have ever had. It sounds like it's a very adventurous place to eat but it really isn't. It is probably the most flavourful place to eat.

I would check the current menu/prices to see what types of things sound good. We generally do QS for lunch at any of the Disney parks and also depends where we are when it is time to eat. We find Disney is WAY to big of a place to walk to the other side of a park just to eat at a specific restaurant. Also depends on how big of eaters you are for lunch. Generally, we do something lighter for lunch and then do TS for dinner.

Absolutely! The food there isn't spicy - by that I mean hot. It is flavoured with spices if that makes sense. They have wonderful pita/naan bread with chickpea spread to dip it in (the spread is sprinkled with pomegranate seeds), the hummus fries (again not spicy), and my absolute favourite was the spicy shrimp with peri-peri sauce. I know it says spicy but, it isn't, which is something I was looking for, but the flavour is in one word: divine! They also have a wonderful calamari - the best I have ever had. It sounds like it's a very adventurous place to eat but it really isn't. It is probably the most flavourful place to eat.
While I agree with you on the assessment that it's not an overall spicy place, I will disagree on the hummus fries! I am sensitive to spicy foods, and I could not finish even one of these. I believe they are seasoned with harissa, which is definitely spicy. There are other options, though, that are not spicy that should be fine for the OP's wife.

While I agree with you on the assessment that it's not an overall spicy place, I will disagree on the hummus fries! I am sensitive to spicy foods, and I could not finish even one of these. I believe they are seasoned with harissa, which is definitely spicy. There are other options, though, that are not spicy that should be fine for the OP's wife.
Oh that's too bad about the hummus fries. If anything I found them a little too salty for my palate. But yes, you're absolutely correct - there are plently of non-spicy options.

Last edited:
I would check the current menu/prices to see what types of things sound good. We generally do QS for lunch at any of the Disney parks and also depends where we are when it is time to eat. We find Disney is WAY to big of a place to walk to the other side of a park just to eat at a specific restaurant. Also depends on how big of eaters you are for lunch. Generally, we do something lighter for lunch and then do TS for dinner.
On most park days we do a later lunch at the park and then head back to the resort soon after. We do a very light dinner at a QS or from our kitchen back at the resort.

My daughter and I can spend all day at the parks, but my wife and granddaughter cannot.

I am a big eater, but my wife is not. In fact, she hardly eats at all and going to restaurants makes no financial sense, but I enjoy going so am willing to pay even though it is mostly wasted for her. Our granddaughter is like many 5-year-olds so sometimes eats and sometimes does not. My daughter is a decent eater but since I pay, she is not adverse from ordering and not eating everything.

We did the R&C fireworks package last year not really expecting much from the food and were very pleasantly surprised! Our current favorite is Shiki-Sai - they have a vast menu, so, perhaps take a look to see if there is something on there everyone would enjoy. We also enjoy the food at Via Napoli.

Takumi-Tei, Monsieur Paul and Le Cellier are our favorites there.
I think Le Cellier is for another year's trip but will check the others. We are hopefully doing Steakhouse 71 this trip as well as Flying Fish, so I try to select by restaurant type and higher price locations and do a certain limit on each.

We add in 3 character meals. I think 2 of the higher priced restaurants and then restaurants by food type.

Les Halles in France. Seating is challenging, but you can always sit around the fountain, etc.

While this will be no help. I do not think there is anything bad at EPCOT overall. You can not go wrong with any of the countries. I will note some of the places are harder to get then others but I think you will finds a good amount day of for a later lunch. We ate at San Angel as well last year and SPACE 220. If you like to eat space was a far better experience then San Angel but may be a huge waste if your wife does not eat. We have eaten at most in EPCOT and there is really nothing I would not return to including CS.

Last time I was at Rose and Crown it was awful. I was so disappointed because I had multiple very good meals there previously.
Biergarten has always been good, but communal seating which might be off-putting to some.
Le Cellier was outstanding when I tried it. Best dining experience of my last trip and that was with a bit of a service fail.
Teppan Edo was very good when I have been.
Don't care for Via Napoli, I am planning on trying Tutto Gusto next time instead.
Akershus was good and fun. Expensive.

Via Napoli or Spice Road for me. I also enjoy a little walk over to the boardwalk for a visit to Trattoria… really nice food and great service there.

Some of our favourites include Teppen Edo, Spice Road Table (I can't really do spicy food either but there was plenty that wasn't hot), and Takumi-Tei though we haven't tried it since they switched to their new fixed-price menu. I'm allergic to seafood, so unless it's possible to substitute, we won't be able to go back. The Creperie isn't our favourite, but we liked it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter