• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would someone go over the AAA perks for a Disney vacation, please.

Bete

DIS Veteran
I think you get a lounge at MK with A/C and free sodas from AAA. Also, preferred parking is available at the parks; I believe. Could some one confirm these perks, please.

Are there any other perks available? Do you get any private viewing area for the parades or fireworks?

:banana:

Wow, I didn't get anything other then a room discount when I booked through AAA. I would like to know this also. We use to get some stuff from American Express when we booked through them but that was quite a few years ago. pirate:

I have never heard of the VIP lounge? Is it the concierge lounge at the deluxe resorts? What about at the other resorts? Can you get into it more than once or only with one voucher? Anyone been to it?

Carrieberry,

According to my AAA vacation WDW guide, it is someplace in Tomorrowland.

Yes, it is in Tommorrowland...it's in a far back corner of the that area.

As for the perks, my understanding is that you get all of those perks when you book the trip through AAA. I bought our theme park tickets and got a diamond parking pass. The parking pass doesn't get you free parking, but in a reserved spot in the front of the lot.

The entrance to the AAA lounge in Tomorrowland is located along the fence between Buzz Lightyear and Carousel of Progress. Everyone in your party will get one free beverage. The preferred parking is the Diamond Parking lots. The most convenient is the one at Epcot which is right up front next to the entrance.
I don't know of any preferred viewing areas for AAA packages. They used to have them with AMEX, but I don't think they do with AAA.

You have to book directly with AAA and it has to be a package of some sort, not just room only. The parking is only if it's available (not sure what that means) but, will find out in Dec. You also get food discounts and a few resort restraurants, and maybe discount at WoD.

Special lanyards with special pins, diamond cards to save 10% in ALL the shops in disney and at the theme parks (all those photos), the parking pass that gets you right near handicap, one VIP pass to a nice air condition lounge in tomarrow land - everyone gets a drink and there is a movie playing, and sometimes $25 in food somewhere. You can upgrade to the premium packages and get 'reserved' for AAA people only during wishes and such. I think it can differ from AAA to AAA offices.

DW and I got pins, a Leave a Legacy tile (which we forgot to use) and some preferred viewing for Illuminations, Wishes, and Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. Our agent told us that those programs were discontinued (we only used Illuminations this past trip), so I guess we'll be booking an advance reservation at Rose and Crown and ask to sit on the patio.

The AAA Diamond Parking is a good thing... just make sure you keep the pass handy to show the CM who directs you once you are in the lot. The lounge is a nice place to visit for a free soda or bottle of water and air conditioning, especially if it's hot.

I think this year we are also getting Disney Dollars on arrival. We don't book through AAA because of the freebies, but we have a great agent and she keeps us coming back.

pirate: :drinking1

I'm a dunce. :confused3

If I join AAA am I pretty much guarenteed a discount when I book a WDW package or room only reservation?

Do I have to book solely through AAA for the discount or can I call CRO?

We're planning our next trip in June of '06 and want to stay at the CR so we're really going to rely on codes to help us "afford" to go. Granted, I realize that nothing may materialize but I'm trying to get as much information as I can.

Is there a site dedicated to AAA/WDW discounts and perks?

Any help is appreciated. :)

(Told you I was a dunce. :wave2: )

Mom2R&D--I don't book packages with AAA, but I always make AAA room only ressies. The funny thing is I've never used them because a better discount always comes out. The AAA discount, though, gives you a fall back "deal."

AAA room only discounts can be made through CRO. Discounts for the entire year are normally released mid-summer of the preceding year. So, AAA discounts for '06 will probably be released sometime this summer. If you reserve early, you are pretty much guaranteed a discount. The normal AAA discount is about 15-20%.

Mom2R&D said:
If I join AAA am I pretty much guarenteed a discount when I book a WDW package or room only reservation?

Booking early does help - however you are not guaranteed to get a discount as they are subject to availability. Which means certain dates, resorts and room types might not be available for the particular range of dates you want.

I have been researching possible alternatives to us staying at the Poly (and have changed already numerous times since originally booking in January). I have found many resorts and room types to be unavailable with the room discount (when booking a package), but thankfully am saving $356 with good old AAA for our upcoming trip.

Hope this helps.

You can also apply for their platinum plus AAA Visa. It gives 5% back on all gas purchases and if you drive a lot it's worth it. I use this credit card strictly for gas purchases, but I found out that if I use it to pay for my upcoming trip to Disney (that I booked through AAA), I get 2% back on the entire package price. It's not a huge amount of $, but it is the price of a dinner.

The parking passes are nice because they do put you close to the front of the park (usually the handicapped section) and why not stop in tommorrowland for a free beverage.

Those are the reasons I booked through AAA and not Disney. I lost my AAA discount when I added the free dining, but I kept the reservation with AAA since I intend to have a car, get a free drink, and get 2% back on my package price (including points toward future vacations)

I appreciate everyone's advice, it's been a great help. :flower: I'm seriously thinking of purchasing an AAA membership just in case no other deals come out by the time we head back to WDW (in just twelve short months :rolleyes: ). From what I gather here at the boards a person generally receives a 10-15% discout for the deluxe resorts with AAA. Doing some quick (and rather sketchy) math that could bring our total from over $3000 to right around $2500 for seven nights. A pretty significant savings.

I'll keep on reading and educating myself. You'd think this is the first Disney vacation I'd ever planned. :blush:

Mom2R&D said:
I appreciate everyone's advice, it's been a great help. :flower: I'm seriously thinking of purchasing an AAA membership just in case no other deals come out by the time we head back to WDW (in just twelve short months :rolleyes: ). :

If it helps any, we don't eve OWN a car, and we bought a CAA (AAA-equivalent) specifically to book with a highly recommended AAA agent and to get the AAA amenities. The premium parking and lounge in MK are the ones we'll use at WDW, and we're usign their map/trip tik services to get to Florida in the first place :-)

The basic AAA memberships are rather inexpensive. Our CAA basic was under $45US online (under $60 Cdn).

This is neat~
Know what if you are not booking your trip with AAA, but you are a member?
Can you still show your card at the AAA lounge and get a free drink?

pamouselover said:
This is neat~
Know what if you are not booking your trip with AAA, but you are a member?
Can you still show your card at the AAA lounge and get a free drink?
You will need a pass that comes with booking a package.

Mom2R&D said:
I appreciate everyone's advice, it's been a great help. :flower: I'm seriously thinking of purchasing an AAA membership just in case no other deals come out by the time we head back to WDW (in just twelve short months :rolleyes: ). From what I gather here at the boards a person generally receives a 10-15% discout for the deluxe resorts with AAA. Doing some quick (and rather sketchy) math that could bring our total from over $3000 to right around $2500 for seven nights. A pretty significant savings.

I'll keep on reading and educating myself. You'd think this is the first Disney vacation I'd ever planned. :blush:

My first planned Disney vacation. I checked the two TA's so frequently requested on this board. I know one is DU and I can't think of the other. For the same package I am getting through AAA the DU quote was $500 more! The other TA said I should just go with AAA. I don't know if this is because of the package I want or what.
I have sworn to never discontinue my AAA membership anyway. Last July DH was away on business and I get a flat tire on the Interstate with two kids and a trunkload of bulk purchased frozen food. I called AAA and they were there in less than 15 minutes to change my tire. (I know, I should know how to do that myself, but I don't and it is dangerous on the Interstate). A month or so ago DH again away on business and I locked my keys in the car. Again, they were there in a flash. We have road side assistance from our car dealer, but when I called them with the flat tire issue, I was transferred and then disconnected! :earseek:
Membership has been $ well spent for me.

mlwear said:
My first planned Disney vacation. I checked the two TA's so frequently requested on this board. I know one is DU and I can't think of the other. For the same package I am getting through AAA the DU quote was $500 more! The other TA said I should just go with AAA. I don't know if this is because of the package I want or what.
I have sworn to never discontinue my AAA membership anyway. Last July DH was away on business and I get a flat tire on the Interstate with two kids and a trunkload of bulk purchased frozen food. I called AAA and they were there in less than 15 minutes to change my tire. (I know, I should know how to do that myself, but I don't and it is dangerous on the Interstate). A month or so ago DH again away on business and I locked my keys in the car. Again, they were there in a flash. We have road side assistance from our car dealer, but when I called them with the flat tire issue, I was transferred and then disconnected! :earseek:
Membership has been $ well spent for me.

I thought AAA wouldn't help you on the interstate, I got a flat tire on 95 a couple years ago and I thought they told me I would have to get off the highway before they would come. It's the one thing that kind of turned me off to AAA, even though I still have it! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter