• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would someone go over the AAA perks for a Disney vacation, please.

GIOny said:
I thought AAA wouldn't help you on the interstate, I got a flat tire on 95 a couple years ago and I thought they told me I would have to get off the highway before they would come. It's the one thing that kind of turned me off to AAA, even though I still have it! :confused3

We have AAA mid-Atlantic. They just asked if I was going north or south and which exit I was near. The guy came with a tow truck and asked if I wanted to be towed or have the tired changed. I don't know what I would have done if they wouldn't have come. It would have been a bit of a drive to the next exit in the emergency lane and I'm sure I would have ruined my rims (guess that's what I would have had to have done.) I hope it wasn't that I just got lucky that time because I absolutely vowed to keep membership forever after that. I annually purchase membership for my single sister, as well.

Mom2R&D said:
I'm a dunce. :confused3

If I join AAA am I pretty much guarenteed a discount when I book a WDW package or room only reservation?

Do I have to book solely through AAA for the discount or can I call CRO?

We're planning our next trip in June of '06 and want to stay at the CR so we're really going to rely on codes to help us "afford" to go. Granted, I realize that nothing may materialize but I'm trying to get as much information as I can.

Is there a site dedicated to AAA/WDW discounts and perks?

Any help is appreciated. :)

(Told you I was a dunce. :wave2: )

i just booked our aug trip. i called disney directly and asked what the AAA rates were and i was given a great rate of $169 a night at the WL. ive checked since and its over $200 now. not sure if only more expensive rooms are available but the longer you wait the more you may pay. i didnt realize that travel agents now charge (at least the one i spoke to) like 25-30 per flight they book. i heard its b/c they are losing so much money b/c of online travel websites. so its more expensive(at least in my case) to use a travel agent. plus i like the fact i can call disney and change things whenver i want . with a travel agent they have to do that for you. that drove me crazy when i requested a fridge/bed rails for our trip last april of 04. when we got down there they said the travel agent never requested them therefor we didnt have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter