Would wdw have an issue with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhead22

Earning My Ears
We are staying off property and We are attending the Mickey Christmas party, the earliest we can get in is 4pm , I’m considering eating at French quarter earlier like 2ish , I’m wondering if I would be able to just use bus from FQ after lunch go to MK for party and return round midnight ?

Sure, but it will be a waste of time. I would drive to POFQ, eat, then drive to MK, park at TTC. Yes, there will be a crowd of people heading to the TTC at the same time as you when you're ready to leave. But...it should be faster to get to TTC and drive away than to wait for a bus to FQ, ride there, then drive to your off-site accommodations.
If you aren't in any rush, then sure, park there and bus back and forth. Parking at this resort shouldn't pose any issues.

For the last two replies ty , I’m looking to save time and not money , that was the point of my question , as for the first , try and lose that morale compass and why your at lose the Walt Disney decoder ring , maybe quit being a knob while your at it.

For the last two replies ty , I’m looking to save time and not money , that was the point of my question , as for the first , try and lose that morale compass and why your at lose the Walt Disney decoder ring , maybe quit being a knob while your at it.

Wow, seems like a rather harsh response. You're going to find a lot of different types of responses here, I wouldn't let them upset you like that one clearly did.

Wow, you’re new here, so here is some advice. Dial it down or this is not the discussion board for you.

Perhaps this is overly pedantic, but there are two related transportation questions here.

1. Can an off-site guest use Disney transportation between a Disney Resort and a theme park (or other area)? The answer to that question is yes. Disney directly addresses this question as a Frequently Asked Question:

Q. I'm not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?

A. Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats. If you would like to visit multiple parks, enjoy a nice dinner at one of the Disney Resort hotels or shop at Disney Springs, you can leave your car parked in the theme park lot and use our transportation network.
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation/
2. Can an off-site guest park for free at a Disney Resort to dine or shop there and leave the car there and go to a theme park. The answer to that question is no. The wording on the Resort Hotels parking page provides the answer (emphasis mine):

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/?int_cmp=INS-intWDWtoWDW-Parking

Here’s the thing...don’t really appreciate the attitude. We have tried to give you appropriate advice. Those that pay to stay at Disney resorts shouldn’t expect to subsidize off-site visitors parking issues.
As I said, you are not going to save time by leaving your car at FQ. Can you get away with it? Sure, it’s not an issue for resorts that do not have direct park access. And Disney’s official word is that you are allowed to park at a resort while enjoying the amenities at that resort. That does not mean leaving your car and heading to a park for the day.
I’m polishing up my super secret decoder ring now. You do what you feel works best for you.
As long as you aren’t attacking others here. That will not be tolerated.

How's anyone supposed to answer your question (to your liking, of course) if you don't provide that critical piece of information?

Have a great trip, but fix your attitude fast.

If you are only looking to save time, consider eating at the Contemporary and pay to valet park there. It's an easy walk to the park from there and paying for valet allows you to park there for the evening. You can do the same at the Poly or GF but you'll need a little extra time since you'll have to take the monorail or boat instead of walking to the park.

For what it's worth, I agree that your responses to others have been unnecessarily harsh.

I think you'll find that on these boards most people aren't tolerant of people who want to circumvent Disney rules and regulations (in this case, using visitor parking for something it is not intended for).

Parking at a resort really won't do you any good in the long run - we left the MVMCP last year early and STILL waited in line at our bus stop for about an hour for a bus - the bus lines get INSANE - the ferry line was moving faster than our line was.

Park at the TTC or as a PP stated - pay to valet at the Contemporary and walk over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter