Would you fly to WDW for one day?

TAKitty

<font color=green>I will make it work with the one
My Dh has a work trip coming up and I really want to go to WDW! I know we are going together in Dec. but I love alone time in WDW.

Would you go for just a day? I can usually score cheap airfare and I have a credit with one airline. I also have an AP. I figured it would cost about $197.00 for the day. I would leave very early one day, spend the night in a value, and leave in the evening of the next day.

Do you think it is worth it or too much of a hassle?

Yes, Yes, Yes:woohoo: I would and I am, this Saturday actually. I fiqure I have the opurtunity so why not. I have never done Disney alone and I think that it would be great!!!(my DH is a pilot so airfare is $$$0.00)

Go and Have a Blast!!!:wizard:

Absolutely!! If I had the money available to spend, I'd be there in a heartbeat!! One day is better than none, right? Have fun!

Andrea

I agree, that definitely counts as two days!

Andrea

Thanks for the responses! Yes, I would plan to do two parks for the two days. I started to wonder if I was crazy for considering this, so your encouragement helps!

Have fun momof2princess!

I was in Tampa in 2002 and I only had a day to go to Disney, I had some leftover days on unexpired tkts and took a friend with me. We truly only had one day to do Disney and we did it, we were rushing but it was a blast and we topped the evening off by going to DTD and having a GREAT time. I think it was worth it and would do it again in a heartbeat, come on its Disney how can you possibly go wrong!
Have Fun!!pirate: pirate:

If your question is really "would I", not "would you", then personally, I probably would not. I would find it more frustrating than enjoyable to be able to stay there only one or two days.

But, that is just my personal preference. Others obviously have other feelings on this.

Even though I probably wouldn't, if you do, have fun!

Daisy

I am afraid I agree with Daisy...I would NOT go for one day. Now...let me also say...a friend called and asked me to join him for two and a half days...Mickey, here I come!

One day...not even worth the hassle of going to the airport.

If you have a flight that would be direct and would only take an hour or two at the most to get there, then maybe. If my flight didn't arrive until the afternoon of the first day, and then left in the early-late afternoon of the next, I wouldn't. But, if I could get an early morning flight and still arrive in the morning, and then a late evening flight the next day, why not? I wouldn't be able to do that where I live as my flights always have a layover somewhere, so it takes me about 9 hours to get there (from flight take-off to landing, + the time change).

But, if all works out and you are able to get the flights that you want and the value resort that you want, go for it!

I'm lucky that the flight is 2 and a half hours and I always fly non-stop. I also travel to WDW on average 4 times a year so I don't mind a quick trip. I don't feel like I am not seeing everything because I know that I will be back in Dec. and June.

Right now I think I am going to go if my Dh's trip is confirmed soon. I usually spend a couple of $100 shopping while he is away, I would much rather spend the same about at Disney.

My Dh has a work trip coming up and I really want to go to WDW! I know we are going together in Dec. but I love alone time in WDW.

Would you go for just a day? I can usually score cheap airfare and I have a credit with one airline. I also have an AP. I figured it would cost about $197.00 for the day. I would leave very early one day, spend the night in a value, and leave in the evening of the next day.

Do you think it is worth it or too much of a hassle?

I would go in a heart beat. Go, Go, Go, Go, Go and have fun.

I wouldn't, but I can understand why other people would in a heartbeat.

Weyhey if we lived close enough dh and I would def do that. Sadly the UK is a bit far... LOL. But we will be taking our 3rd trip in 15 months in November! I should think that must be equivilent madness!

I am hoping to do that for my 30th birthday as a treat to myself, I told my friends and family I don't want a party. I am going to do down for about 2 days, that is all I can spare from work and it has already been a year and half since I was there last and each day gets worse.

Once I have the plane booked then you will see me on here and very excited!!:woohoo:

Until then though......:sad1:

I would without a doubt hop on a flight and head to WDW for the day -- no question. It may cost $200 or more for the day, but it would be well worth it!!!:)

After a day of work that put me completely over the edge. I am actually thinking about doing this tomorrow night. Fly down Friday night. Saturday night at the parks. Back on Sunday mid-day. In some ways I think I should have my head checked. In others, I am totally excited about the idea of a day in all the parks just being able to do whatever I want. I decided too late to get a hotel tonight (Reservations was closed), but I figure I'll call in the morning to see what's available.

Ive left Michigan on Friday morning, drove all night, Spent Sat at MK and AK, and drove back home by Monday afternoon!! And I have done several trips with just the weekend. esp in 2002 and 2003 when you could steal hotel rooms offsite using Priceline or Hotwire. Now two years in a row I can only afford time for one week in October.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter