Would you fly to WDW for one day?

Yes I would fly down for a short trip. DH and I are leaving in 30 days, but we just flew down to surpise my two nephews and niece in Aug. We went to Dinsey for a total of 12 hours then flew home.

I've actually flown down two or three times for just one day (without spending the night). I used to be able to get a 7:00 a.m. flight out of Nashville which arrived in Orlando by 9:00 a.m. I could be on Disney property by 10:00 a.m. and not leave for the Orlando airport until about 6:00 p.m. for a late evening flight.

Airfare was very cheap at the time, and I already had an annual pass. Including rental car and food, I could make a trip for well under $200 and spend about eight hours in the parks. It's fun to leave home, spend the day at WDW, and sleep in your own bed again that night. It's also nice to hop on a plane without having to pack. If you are spending the night, you should be able to get by with a small carry on bag.

So, I would say go for it if you don't mind airports or flying, especially if you get to stay overnight. Keep in mind that you aren't going to be able to do everything. Just enjoy the things that you have time to do.

Some of you may remember my friend Joan, diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. As strange as it sounds to those who do not believe .....every time I visited WDW and "wished" for her health during "Wishes" - she would rally and do better.....eventually even into remission. (During her remission I was able to take her to WDW in early December --- it was a trip I will remember for a lifetime....watching WISHES with Joan in remission....that had been my wish).

Sadly, she came out of remission after the trip. I could not afford it..but a friend bought a round-trip ticket - Saturday down and home Sunday - so I could fly to Orlando and "wish" for Joan.

Besides the magic of that wish (which gave her an additional 6 months) and all the emotions, I actually managed to have time to visit the parks on Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning.

Sure, was BEAT when I returned home on Sunday evening....but it was an adventure.

If you can afford it......heck why not!

My immediate answer was "no", untill I read the circumstances. If your husband's job does go, then you should too. It's not going to cost you that much money, and it'll be fun! Go for it! Let us know how it was! :goodvibes

My immediate answer was "no", untill I read the circumstances. If your husband's job does go, then you should too. It's not going to cost you that much money, and it'll be fun! Go for it! Let us know how it was! :goodvibes

Well, I am going to do it! I am traveling the end of Oct. I am going to post my one day trip report when I return. I am nervous but excited.

Well, I am going to do it! I am traveling the end of Oct. I am going to post my one day trip report when I return. I am nervous but excited.

Have a GREAT time!

I'm doing a quickie 2 night/3 day trip in November to help a friend celebrate her birthday at WDW. I got cheap airfare ($93 RT from Indianapolis), I have an AP, and I'm staying with my friend. Funny thing is - I'll fly back to Orlando with my husband and kids at Thanksgiving - 8 days after I get home from my quickie trip!

Probably not, at least not for an entire trip with just one day at the destination.

But if I won a Dream consisting of complimentary everything including limo from home to airport, two nights in the resort so as to have a full day for the parks, etc. then maybe.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

First trip to WDW, part of a "spring break" drive down from New England. Before Epcot. Spent one night in a nearby hotel, one day at "Disney World" i.e. MK, then went off to do other things.

YAY!!!! Aaron, Jessica and I will all be waiting for you to pick us up! :rolleyes1

TAKitty...

You will have a great time!! I am going just 2 nights/3 days..RT $188...my rationalization..lol..it would cost more for a hotel for ONE night in downtown CHI for me to do CHristmas shopping...I am only using 31 DVC pts...no parks, already did 2 x this year...so I am going to resort hop, christmas shop, maybe a spa thingy and a really nice dinner!
My first time SOLO!
Gals have been wonderful on this board!!!!!
Have a terrific time!!!!!

YAY!!!! Aaron, Jessica and I will all be waiting for you to pick us up! :rolleyes1

Sure...except traveling around the country defeats the "only gone for one day" :) . Now to tell Dh or not....:rolleyes1

TAKitty...

You will have a great time!! I am going just 2 nights/3 days..RT $188...my rationalization..lol..it would cost more for a hotel for ONE night in downtown CHI for me to do CHristmas shopping...I am only using 31 DVC pts...no parks, already did 2 x this year...so I am going to resort hop, christmas shop, maybe a spa thingy and a really nice dinner!
My first time SOLO!
Gals have been wonderful on this board!!!!!
Have a terrific time!!!!!

Have a terrific time too!!! DVC is so wonderful for cheap trips! I, unfortunately, need all of my points plus points I don't have for a June trip so it looks like PoP for me. I did get air for 44 one way and it looks like the return will be 55!

Enjoy your time! :wizard:

Just got back from a quick trip. Arrived at resort 5 pm on Fri, departed 8:30 am Mon, so 3 nights. We had credit on Southwest that had to be used up, so airfare was not an out-of-pocket cost.

The rest, for myself & 3 kids (ages 9, 13 and 13), was

AsMu $222
Saturday park admission (1 day each of 10 day noexp PHs) $150
Sunday MNSSHP tickets $160
meals $180
airport parking $40

We had SO MUCH fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter