• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I wouldn't, No. I love seeing the children's amazement at Disney. We love watching the little ones playing and on the rides. It's what makes Disney a special place to us. I seem to be in the minority, but that's okay.
I also feel like others on here that an 21 and above atmosphere would be like other party cruises, etc.
These are my thoughts also. I'm a people watcher, and the main reason I go to character meals as a 71 yo solo, is so that I can see the looks in the children's eyes when they first glimpse the characters, then when they actually get close up to the characters. Also, at my age, I tend to go to bed closer to the time of children, rather than the over 21 late night partiers.

An adults-only resort? Absolutely not at Walt Disney World, or DLR. If you don't want to be around kids, find another vacation destination. The reason Walt built Disneyland was so parents and kids could enjoy the theme park experience together. WDW and DLR are about the parks. The resorts are appurtenant to that. Maybe (big maybe) a property like Hilton Head or Vero Beach, but it would have to be away from the theme parks.
I don't agree with this at all. Even though I might not want to stay at an adult-only resort, it would be OK with me if there was one for the people who do want it. And I LOVE our adults-only trips to WDW when we leave the kids at home or while they're at camp (don't come for me; my kids get plenty of WDW vacation time too). I enjoy spending time TOGETHER with my adult family members. There are other adult-only and age-restricted activities at WDW (Trader Sam's after 8pm, certain tours). Maybe it's not in Disney's best interest to have an adult-only resort, but the fact that you wouldn't want to stay there doesn't mean there shouldn't be one.

And while I agree the parks are the big draw for most people, as DVC members and an older group now, we spend far more time on our WDW trips enjoying the resorts than we do at the parks.

I don't agree with this at all. Even though I might not want to stay at an adult-only resort, it would be OK with me if there was one for the people who do want it. And I LOVE our adults-only trips to WDW when we leave the kids at home or while they're at camp (don't come for me; my kids get plenty of WDW vacation time too). I enjoy spending time TOGETHER with my adult family members. There are other adult-only and age-restricted activities at WDW (Trader Sam's after 8pm, certain tours). Maybe it's not in Disney's best interest to have an adult-only resort, but the fact that you wouldn't want to stay there doesn't mean there shouldn't be one.

And while I agree the parks are the big draw for most people, as DVC members and an older group now, we spend far more time on our WDW trips enjoying the resorts than we do at the parks.
That's fine. You do you. We are both 59, and also DVC owners, and we take plenty of trips without the kids and grandkids, we just don't have to go back to Disney for them, and if we do, we don't need to be isolated from children in general. Plus, there's an entire world full of places that aren't kid-centric outside of Disney, and even in the Disney bubble, there are existing places you can find respite from overly exuberant children.

Also, I'm not in control of the decision, so "the fact that (I) wouldn't want to stay there doesn't mean there shouldn't be one" (even though I never said that) really doesn't matter, any more so than the fact that if someone does want to stay there it doesn't mean there has to be one. Also, you conveniently ignored my last sentence where I specifically said: "Maybe (big maybe) a property like Hilton Head or Vero Beach, but it would have to be away from the theme parks." So, in fact, I actually never said there shouldn't be one, just that I wouldn't stay at one at WDW or DLR.

My response was my opinion, my point of view, and it was in response to the question "Would You Stay in an Adults-Only Disney Resort?". My answer was: "An adults-only resort? Absolutely not at Walt Disney World, or DLR." But, I said I might it if was away from the theme parks. You're free to disagree.

Last edited:
I don't agree with this at all. Even though I might not want to stay at an adult-only resort, it would be OK with me if there was one for the people who do want it.
That wasn't the question. The question was: "Would you stay in an adults only Disney resort?"

It just dawned on me that if I were in the market for an adults-only resort, I'd choose something super high-end, something Disney (based on what they have now) doesn't know how to do. They haven't ever risen above the service/amenities level of a mid-level Hilton or Hyatt, nor have they ever had to, since they're marketing to a captive audience who wants convenience to their parks. Their nicest resort is, arguably, Aulani, which, beautiful as it is (and kids notwithstanding), is just about on par with the nicer Hyatt resorts on the outer islands.

Adults only resorts are becoming quite sought. Some hotels do this with either creating a hotel within a hotel or having one of their hotels be one if on the same plot of land or near another of their properties.

On our honeymoon we stayed at Sandals in St. Lucia and the one we stayed at was incredibly low key and not a party atmosphere at all. It's actually why we chose that one.

I could totally see my husband and I staying on site again at an adults only hotel and it's one where the market is there. I think they would need to make it more sophisticated both in decor and in layout IMO.

When I have been bothered by noise at a Disney resort it's never been kids.

It's Dad walking up and down the hall in the Poly longhouse yelling into his phone because his family doesn't want him doing that in their room.

It's never the kids alone bouncing the ball down the hallway at Yacht Club Resort, it's the parent laughing at how far he can throw it.

I'll take, (sober), kids any day.

Adults only resorts are becoming quite sought. Some hotels do this with either creating a hotel within a hotel or having one of their hotels be one if on the same plot of land or near another of their properties.

On our honeymoon we stayed at Sandals in St. Lucia and the one we stayed at was incredibly low key and not a party atmosphere at all. It's actually why we chose that one.

I could totally see my husband and I staying on site again at an adults only hotel and it's one where the market is there. I think they would need to make it more sophisticated both in decor and in layout IMO.
Absolutely! Would 100% stay in an adults only Disney resort. DH and I actually talk about this all the time. The hotel within a hotel concept could totally be done. Even just a part of the resort or a “wing” that could be 16, 18, or 21+…we’d be all for it.

It just dawned on me that if I were in the market for an adults-only resort, I'd choose something super high-end, something Disney (based on what they have now) doesn't know how to do. They haven't ever risen above the service/amenities level of a mid-level Hilton or Hyatt, nor have they ever had to, since they're marketing to a captive audience who wants convenience to their parks. Their nicest resort is, arguably, Aulani, which, beautiful as it is (and kids notwithstanding), is just about on par with the nicer Hyatt resorts on the outer islands.
It isn't about going to a fancy adults only resort ~ it's about have adult time while you are at Disney which offers virtually no adult only space. They do offer plenty of spaces that should be adult only, but there are usually kids there. This gives adults a pool, or restaurants, room neighbors etc that do not include kids.

When I have been bothered by noise at a Disney resort it's never been kids.

It's Dad walking up and down the hall in the Poly longhouse yelling into his phone because his family doesn't want him doing that in their room.

It's never the kids alone bouncing the ball down the hallway at Yacht Club Resort, it's the parent laughing at how far he can throw it.

I'll take, (sober), kids any day.
And I was just coming back to say the same thing ... kinda. When we are being disturbed or bothered at Disney it is usually ADULTS with kids. If I can eliminate those adults, and their kids, from the hotel and amenities that is a HUGE drawing point for me to stay there.

I’ve never felt like the other guests at my resort were disrupting my stay, so it doesn’t make a difference to me one way or another. I’d just choose whichever resort I liked better based on theming, amenities, etc.

It would be cool as an acknowledgment of adult visitors, but as other people have pointed out, my pace and bedtime might be more in line with the kids/families anyway lol.

Now if they put in a space bar (along the lines of Oga’s, Space 220, etc.) then I would stay at the adults-only hotel because apparently I have a deep-seated need to drink cocktails in space. :rotfl:

And I was just coming back to say the same thing ... kinda. When we are being disturbed or bothered at Disney it is usually ADULTS with kids. If I can eliminate those adults, and their kids, from the hotel and amenities that is a HUGE drawing point for me to stay there.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. In reality most of the time the adults are being disruptive it's related to the kids. Usually the stress of the trip, maybe the weather especially heat and if you have storms or just rain for a prolonged period of time. The kids don't want to get up, the kids want to stay up or they still have too much energy (and the parents are reluctant to have their kid have a meltdown if they say no), the kids just want to have pool time but parents spent all this money to go, etc.

Frankly after walking around for eons being commando in the parks all I do when I get back to the hotel room is crash.

When we were at the resort in Mexico in April the adults only rooms with their own pool and cabanas which even faced all the other pools so they were still surrounded by everything as well as the adults only restaurant were the calmest part to it all lol.

It isn't about going to a fancy adults only resort ~ it's about have adult time while you are at Disney which offers virtually no adult only space. They do offer plenty of spaces that should be adult only, but there are usually kids there. This gives adults a pool, or restaurants, room neighbors etc that do not include kids.
I didn’t know if OP meant a resort AT Disney, or elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter