WVL stay....constructive crticism.......

On another note, we stayed at WL when they were building the villas. All we heard was construction all day!!

Construction noise seems to plaguing many AKL guests at this point in time as well. It's probably difficult to construct something quietly! But if anyone is considering a stay at AKL this summer, forewarned is forearmed!

Yes, I guess that is the 'knock' on VWL - the views.

One can have the pine tree view, or the pine tree view, or the pine tree view.

I still love the place, though, and even this thread is giving me the urge to go back and soon!

Yes, I guess that is the 'knock' on VWL - the views.

One can have the pine tree view, or the pine tree view, or the pine tree view.
It's a good thing we love the pine tree view, isn't it? That's why it didn't matter to me very much which room we got- I love the trees. I woudn't have been as happy with the dumpster view, but even then, I suppose if I avoided looking down I'd still see mostly trees from the rooms looking out the patio doors.

It's a good thing we love the pine tree view, isn't it? That's why it didn't matter to me very much which room we got- I love the trees. I woudn't have been as happy with the dumpster view, but even then, I suppose if I avoided looking down I'd still see mostly trees from the rooms looking out the patio doors.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing about good thing we all like pine trees!:thumbsup2

:rotfl:

It always comes back to the dumpster view, doesn't it!

Well, the Dreaded Dumpster View is the black sheep of the VWL family. Something we try to ignore but is always lurking in the background for people to drag out and throw in our faces! :rotfl2:

And the DDV cousin...the NBS (No-Balcony Studio). :sad2:

Still, coasterbob's points about the enclosed balcony are valid. The first time we encountered that was a stay in WL itself and at the time I liked it because my children were smaller. A bigger issue than blocking the view was that it blocked a significant amount of light.

In addition to pine trees, it's a good thing we like the dark too! :cool2:

Well, the Dreaded Dumpster View is the black sheep of the VWL family. Something we try to ignore but is always lurking in the background for people to drag out and throw in our faces! :rotfl2:

And the DDV cousin...the NBS (No-Balcony Studio). :sad2:

Still, coasterbob's points about the enclosed balcony are valid. The first time we encountered that was a stay in WL itself and at the time I liked it because my children were smaller. A bigger issue than blocking the view was that it blocked a significant amount of light.

In addition to pine trees, it's a good thing we like the dark too! :cool2:

Geesh, I didn't realize there was such varying opinions on room views at VWL!! Different strokes for different folks!! :goodvibes Since there so few of these cutout/obstructed view balconies, I believe the CSRs should only assign them as a last resort, or at least ask the member if he/she cares about a "view", and then act accordingly . Now I know if and when I return, I shall say any floor but the 5th! :)

Bob

Now I know if and when I return, I shall say any floor but the 5th! :)

But you might miss this view....:cloud9:

2na7ngz.jpg

But you might miss this view....:cloud9:

2na7ngz.jpg

Okay, that IS better than the view facing the buses. Still, I love the place no matter which view I get. Odd because at BWV I have to have the Boardwalk view and at the new AKV I will HAVE to have a view of the animals (same as the many times I've stayed at AKL.) It's just at VWL that the view doesn't matter so much for me- trees are trees!

We just came back and we had a service area view, but it wasn't like the one posted earlier of the dumster. We were in 2560, which was mentioned earlier as a dumster view.

I didn't mind our view so much as the long walk down the hallway that could be used in the movie The Shinning. Every time we left the room we kept waiting to see the little girls to asking us to play.

Kim

I didn't mind our view so much as the long walk down the hallway that could be used in the movie The Shinning. Every time we left the room we kept waiting to see the little girls to asking us to play.

Kim

See....everyone is nice and friendly at VWL!! :scared1:

Inkmahm said:
It's just at VWL that the view doesn't matter so much for me- trees are trees!
I'm with you! :thumbsup2

.....have a dumpster view at Disney, than a great view ANYWHERE ELSE. :thumbsup2

It's just at VWL that the view doesn't matter so much for me- trees are trees!

True. Probably the only DVC resort with a worse general view than VWL is BCV. Fortunately views aren't the primary reason people stay at either.

Last November we stayed club level at the poly with a view of the castle! the only times it mattered was when we first opened the door to see the great view, we also watched the fireworks from there on 2 nights. Since we were not in our room too often, the view was not as important, by the time we got back at night, everyone passed out, the kids showered, I thought one was drowning because he was so tired!, Anyway after our Nov trip we came home and bought 300 VWL points. The Nov 06 vacation cost me half of what the 300 points cost! We will be going home for the first time 11/8 - 11/13, yes we are from Jersey! lol See you all at the lodge!

The Nov 06 vacation cost me half of what the 300 points cost! We will be going home for the first time 11/8 - 11/13, yes we are from Jersey! lol See you all at the lodge!

It's great to have you with us at VWL!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter