WWDD (what would Dissers do?)

pooch

Still feeling special!!
Taking our whole family next year, DH, Me, DS, DDil and 3 DGS (7,6, & 4 at that time). DD, who lives in Kissimmee will be joining but not staying with us (smart kid!!!)

I am looking at late Sept or late Oct and hoping for Free DDP. Which of these choices would you take.

1. CSR - 2 rooms with Free Reg DDP and 2 day base tickets for all for 7 nights approx $4300.00

2. Pop Century - also 2 rooms, 2 day base tickets and upgrading Free DDP to Reg Dining. $3850.00

My DDIL and the boys have never really been ANYWHERE so they have no resort expectations BUT DH has only stayed at Moderates or Deluxes. Do you think Pop (where I have stayed many times!!) would scare him?

Taking our whole family next year, DH, Me, DS, DDil and 3 DGS (7,6, & 4 at that time). DD, who lives in Kissimmee will be joining but not staying with us (smart kid!!!)

I am looking at late Sept or late Oct and hoping for Free DDP. Which of these choices would you take.

1. CSR - 2 rooms with Free Reg DDP and 2 day base tickets for all for 7 nights approx $4300.00

2. Pop Century - also 2 rooms, 2 day base tickets and upgrading Free DDP to Reg Dining. $3850.00

My DDIL and the boys have never really been ANYWHERE so they have no resort expectations BUT DH has only stayed at Moderates or Deluxes. Do you think Pop (where I have stayed many times!!) would scare him?

If DH has never stayed value before and does not have the right expectations, then yes. I would say it would be a little bit of a shock. If he goes in with the understanding of smaller rooms, beds and such then maybe OK.

For an additional $450 total, I would go with CSR. That's less than $65 per person to have larger accommodations, slide at the pool for the young ones and more dining options at the resort. If you want a little less humid and cooler than late October. The only warning is the closer you get to Halloween, the busier the parks will be. In late September, it will be hotter with less crowds.

Have a great trip.

I'd stay at CSR. I think the nicer experience would be worth the $500. That's JMO. My cheap husband would say Pop. ;)

We've never stayed at any of the values or CSR, but my choice would be CSR. The moderate rooms are bigger, there are table service options, and the pools have slides. Those things would be worth an extra $450 to me. Good luck.

Really I know DH would be happier at CSR, nicer resort, less in your face Disney and we've stayed there before so he's familiar with it. But I am a cheapskate and the cost difference is sizeable to me. I was secretly hoping you'd all say POP!!!!

I have to keep reminding myself we are fortunate that we can afford it and, if it makes Grumpy a little less grumpy, its worth the money right?????

Really I know DH would be happier at CSR, nicer resort, less in your face Disney and we've stayed there before so he's familiar with it. But I am a cheapskate and the cost difference is sizeable to me. I was secretly hoping you'd all say POP!!!!

I have to keep reminding myself we are fortunate that we can afford it and, if it makes Grumpy a little less grumpy, its worth the money right?????

::yes::

:thumbsup2

I vote for CSR. I have stayed at both resorts and I like POP but CSR has bigger and more comfortable beds and pillows.

I'll vote Pop! We‘ve stayed at both & the one big advantage the mod has over the value is the queen vs the double beds. While CSR‘s pool/slide is nice, our kids liked Pop‘s just as well. The area that Pop has over CSR is the food court. We did not like the cafeteria style of CSR with the requirement of tipping for the ‘table service‘.

While I've never stayed at CSR, I'd stay at a number of resorts before I stay at POP again simply because of the transportation and general overcrowding. POP has a really fun atmosphere but I just really would rather not deal with those buses ever, ever again.

I love CSR, but theming is great at Pop Century, especially for kids. The bus system at Pop is second to none and its a short walk to AoA. I like CSR for the pool, the rooms are a bit bigger, the beds are super comfy, and the lounge is nice. If it was adults only, I would say CSR, but with kids, definetley Pop.

Pop is our favorite value and CSR is our favorite moderate. We LOVE then queen beds. I really don't think the Pop rooms are that small and the food court I do like better there. We switched to CSR when we started going in June, it seemed less crowded and noisy. Pop in September was always fine for us.

I'll vote Pop! We‘ve stayed at both & the one big advantage the mod has over the value is the queen vs the double beds. While CSR‘s pool/slide is nice, our kids liked Pop‘s just as well. The area that Pop has over CSR is the food court. We did not like the cafeteria style of CSR with the requirement of tipping for the ‘table service‘.

I actually put the pepper market in the "pros" column. We really enjoyed the food and service there and considered it table service food for counter service credits. The roast chicken was fabulous and I loved the sit down breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter