WWWD Pin Trouble

hotrodtigger

Earning My Ears
After reading about the WWWD pins in the Disney magazine, my wife ordered some pins in June for our October trip. After four weeks, I faxed an inquiry to the number listed on their website (since they don't list a phone number or a handy email). After a week with no reply, I sent another fax but never received a response.

In August I found an email address listed on this website, so I sent them an email inquiring about my order status. The response I received a week later was an email with "Your order has shipped." No additional information or greeting or anything.:confused:

Anybody else have trouble with ordering these pins? How long did your orders take to arrive?

Thanks.

I placed an order on 8/16 and have yet to receive it. I sent them a message via their feedback link since I could not find any mention of a telephone or fax# anywhere on the site. I just sent another feedback email and will keep my fingers crossed that someone gets back to me. My trip is next month and I'm afraid I won't get them in time. I do have to say,based on my experience and yours, that their company seriously lacks any type of coherent customer service.

Luis

PS Could you forward me their fax#?

I had a fax number listed on the original order receipt which was (425)-732-9141. I have sent two faxes that went through successfully, but I never got any response sent to the email address which I included.

The email I had found here was: CityHall@WhatWouldWaltDo.com. I did get that pathetic response from this address.

I definitely agree that they don't show any signs of customer service. I'm surprised, considering they got a write up in Disney magazine. We leave in about six weeks, but I'm still hopeful.

Steve

I also ordered pins and have yet to receive them. I got a lame excuse email about 4 or 5 days ago saying they had sent the pins overnight. Well, no overnight package has come. I read teh write up in Disney Magazine. This made me feel comfortable ordering from this site. BAD MISTAKE!!!!!! :confused: :mad:

Would Walt rip off his fans? I don't think so. This company does not deserve to use his name if they can't be honest! JMHO

Hang on...there is hope

I ordered from them in the past and have received my order. When placing the order I did recieve a confirmation email right away stating what was ordered and how much it cost. Then when they shipped it I received another email stating it was shipped. I wonder if they are really busy because of the extra orders from everyone at once from reading the same article?
It did come nicely packed and wrapped in tissue paper so they would not be scratched. I also ordered the lanyard from them and it is the same type of material and size you can buy in WDW.

How long ago did you order?
Has your credit card been charged?

I hope everyone waiting hears from them soon and everything is ok.

Lori

I ordered on 8/16. Never got an email confirming delivery, just one confirming the order, which as you said came in right away(must have been automated). We'll see what happens.

Luis

Thanks for the info Cheryl. I never knew that information was available.

We actually placed our order on 6/26, and the credit card was charged the same day. We got the automated order receipt immediately. On the receipt it says "Please allow 2 to 3 days from confirming invoice for delivery." We never received any confirming invoice. Funny thing is that on the original order print out it says to be sure to reference the order number when calling. Of course there's no phone number anywhere.

I can imagine they got really busy after that article appeared. We'll keep on sending emails, I guess.

Thanks,
Steve

I just received a shipping confirmation on my order. It says that I should receive it within 5 days, and if not that I should contact them(easier said than done lol).

We'll see

Luis

To Steve - hotrodtigger
the folks at WWWD are reading this thread.

(I know this because they emailed me)

You might want to post your last initial and when you ordered so they can look you up. Or You can post an email address like this
cherylp3 at yahoo dot com this way they can email you.

-Cheryl
PS I have not ordered with WWWD, I am just trying to be helpful to other disboards members.

I ordered pins about two weeks ago and my credit card was charged immediately. I received an email today letting me know that order was being shipped. They said they were having problems due to the worm or the blackout or something.

I am hopeful.

Keep hoping good thoughts!

I placed an order in March, the 22nd to be exact. I received an email saying they had shipped on April 2nd so it took a couple of weeks for that. When I had not received the pins by April 10th, I emailed the address on their site. I don't remember where it was listed but it was the cityhall@whatwouldwaltdo.com address. The next day I received a very nice email from Tom Keaney, the president of Founder's Legacy, apologizing for the inconvenience and saying that it looked like it had been lost in the mail. He shipped another order immediately and I had it within 3 days. He even emailed several weeks later to make sure I had received the second order. It looks like they've been having trouble with their shipping service. I got the impression from his second email that they were trying to pinpoint any orders that were still outstanding.

So don't give up hope just yet! They may just be overwhelmed!

Kelly

I received two very apologetic emails today from Tom and Alison. They promised to get my order straight. It sounds like they've been faced with a combination of obstacles, most of which were unexpected. My thanks again to everyone who shared their experiences with us, amd to Tom and Alsion for their due diligence in honoring my order.

Luis

and had no problems either time. Now I can't wait to get to WDW and hopefully give out some pins!:)

Terri

Disnaholic, Tom from WWWD has been in touch with me about your order and would like to do his best to resolve the situation. Unfortunately you do not have an email or pm link in your profile, and as such neither he nor myself are able to establish an open dialogue behind the scenes. If you email him at www.cityhall@whatwouldwaltdo.com, Tom will get it resolved. Just identify yourself as Disnayholic from the DIS Board, and include your order #, name, address, etc. They are trying their best to do the right thing.

PLease let us know how you make out.

Luis

Just got my pins via priority mail. Very nicely packaged and presented. Such a lovely idea.

Hi Luis and Thank you for your help:bounce:
I did recieve an invoice from them today saying it would be about 3 business days. I will see how that goes, and then contact them to let them know if the pins come or not.
I was quite upset when I posted my statement about not getting the pins, and probably overreacted.
I am very happy about getting the invoice:Pinkbounc
Thanks!!!!

I just received my pins today and they are absoultely perfect. As Barbeml stated they are packaged and presented wonderfully. Thank you Tom & Alison for following through on our orders.

Luis

While it is a neat idea, and very flattering and nice for the CMs who recieve it, keep in mind that Disney appearance guidelines do not permit CMs to wear the pins on their costumes. Also, I think it's important to note that WDW has its own cast recognition programs.
Since many CMs are not allowed to accept tips, this may be a nice alternative way to recognize excellent guest service. The pin should not, however be used as an alternative to stopping by Guest Relations to pass along praise for a CM.

Hope everyone gets their orders taken care of, they seem like nice folks.

Steve--are pin-trading CMs allowed to wear them? Or does that make the WWWD pins vulnerable to "trade on demand"?

Now I'm having doubts about this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter