WWWD Pin Trouble

I have to chime in here. I sent my order on 8/16 also, and when I did not get a package in the mail (I did get the e-mail confirm that said the items would be shipped within a 3 (/) days), I faxed them on 9/5. I sent over the statement that I printed off of the web iste (I am pretty sure it was not the e-mail). It had their address and fax number at the top center of the page. Anyway, I got a note saying that the package was on its way, and it arrived yesterday. The pins are great! :D

As safaristeve says, the Cms probably are not allowed to wear them, but giving the pins out is a great idea, I think (otherwise, I would not have ordered some). I am a CM myself, and I wanted to mention that I am thinking about giving one of these to another CM who works with me. Please note that we do not work at the parks, but that doesn't make us any less of a CM! If you have a DS near you, and a CM there has done something for you that you think deserves recognition, this is a great way to show it! While sending in a paper letter is great, and would go towards earning a guest service pin (which we are allowed to wear), the WWWD pins are inspiring, and it would mean a lot to me (personally speaking) if I was presented with one of these.

JMHO.

Thanks Doombuggy! I really fell in love with this idea when I heard about it because we often receive such outstanding service and help from CMs and don't catch their names, so we can't send a note to Disney.

I will proudly wear one of my WWWD pins and am sure I will find many opportunities to present the others to deserving CMs.

We love you CMs!!!!!

Barbe

According to the Disney Look, the only pins a CM is allowed to wear while working are a trainer pin, most recent year of service pin, Partners in Excellence (major honor/cast recognition program) pin, "Golden D" (Guest Relations, Ambassadors, and VIP Tours only) and the US flag mickey head pin. Aside from special buttons (earth day, 4th of July, promotionals like Mission:Space buttons @ Epcot), no other pins may be worn.
The lanyards and pins worn by pin-trading CMs are property of the company. Since only Disney pins (and some operating participant pins) are tradeable, WWWD would not be allowed on a lanyard, nor would a CM be allowed to wear it with their costume.
Like doombuggy said, it is a very nice gesture, and many CMs would be very honored to recieve one. However, they do not replace (or supplement) any of the official company cast recognition programs.

Just to post a follow up. Tom from WWWD contacted me regarding my order. After about a week I received the pins. Thanks Tom.

I agree with the other posters, the pins are very cute and packaging is top notch. The information cards that come with them are also helpful. We always come across a couple CMs during each trip that we want to give an extra special thanks. I think these pins will be a fun way to do it.

I'm not sure what happened to the original order, but I would suggest to WWWD that they make it easier for customers to contact them if there is a concern.

This was actually my first post to the disboards and I want to express my appreciation to everybody that works to keep them going. I've learned so much good information here, and it all helps me have more fun on vacation. What could be cooler?

Thanks again,
Steve:D

Dear Disney Family,

Now that we have all of the fires out, I would like you to know two things.

1. I appreciate your complaints. Walt said, "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the bast thing in the world for you." Reading your complaints gave me the kick in the seat needed to get back up in the saddle.

2. There is never a good excuse for bad service, but I think you are entitled to an explanation.

The Disney Magazine article knocked the stuffing out of us.

The nomination section collapsed under the strain. I am finishing uploading nearly 200 submissions that all have to be hand-coded and proofed.

On the pin side, the stock went out faster than we could get it in and the lanyards were delayed by two very long weeks, through no one's fault but Customs.

Just about the time things straightened out, my wife was diagnosed with a life-altering disease that turned our world upside down.

Based on some of our guests' comments, people think we have some huge Disney-like organization behind these pins. What isn't apparent from the article is the fact that we are, literally, a mom-and-pop business. Every pin is hand-wrapped by my wife or me. Your letters have all original signatures. We don't have a fulfillment house and our-seven-year-old tapes boxes and files the tracking slips for us.

We've run this business, after our 50+ hour-a-week jobs and putting our kids to bed, at a loss for three years trying to make a difference in future generation's experiences in the parks.

Sometimes, it's tough to keep going. In this instance Deb of AE, sent me an e-mail when she saw this thread asking if we were all right. We jumped on every order, and by staying up until 1:30 AM had all of the orders out in just three evenings.

Thank you for your patience and your well-placed prodding. I really appreciate BOTH.

Enjoy the Magic!

Tom Keaney
President, Founder's Legacy (WWWD)

CMs can not OFFICIALLY wear the pins.

We do have reports of some supervisors looking the other way and in some occassions buying pins to award to their CMs. Others supervisors have awarded them in very public ways.

On our website is a great story of two CMs spending three hours wading through all of Disneyland's dirty laundry looking for a lost WWWD pin. I had three supervisors asking me to "make an exception" and send the CM a pin.

After that outpouring of concern, we decided to keep a supply of each pin in the archive for replacement purposes. We will replace any lost pin presented to a cast member for as long as they are with Disney. Probably even long if someone said please.

We did better than that: http://www.whatwouldwaltdo.com/Pages/castmembers/Reactions/ginger.shtml

We've seen Cynthia Harriss wear hers (at least in our presence) NICE lady.

Do they make a difference, YES. "Our" cast members have usually burst into tears. Several former cast members have written saying that they'd "still be working there" if our idea was around when they were CMs.

We've only heard from a handful of CMs out of nearly 700. But each time I'm ready to throw in the towel, I get an e-mail out of the blue. Walt must be pulling strings to keep me going.

Although not in every division, there is a certain blending of the publication on our website and "official" recognition. One of the ways we strive to preserve the Magic is to make sure that Disney knows who the CMs are who actually make Magic happen in guests' experiences, as opposed to a McD clock puncher.

Enjoy the Magic!

Tom

Tom--Thank you and your family for this wonderful program. I was fortunate enough to experience no problems or delays with my pins. I can't wait to present them!

Sending pixie dust for your wife.

Barbe

:eek:
I was going to order some for the January trip.
I think I will wait and see how all this turns out.

Hi,
I'm still waiting for my pins that I ordered a couple weeks ago.
I just sent off an email to Tom, but just in case he checks here I thought I would cover all the bases :)

Originally posted by WWWD
......Enjoy the Magic!

Tom Keaney
President, Founder's Legacy (WWWD)
Hi Tom. :wave: Just wanted to say hello and thanks again for a wonderful idea you and your wife have here with WWWD. I enjoy giving them out. A quality product and a quality idea.

Hoping your wife is doing well. My best to you both.

Dan

Hi I was reading all your comments about the pin orders and also read that the company was a Mom and Pop company and probubly was overwhelmed after the article in the Disney magazine...so therefore I have been meaning to place an order and was a little skeptical after all that I read....but Gave them the benefit of the doubt....I must say...I was thrilled at how quickly my order was processed. I placed my order on Sunday evening and had an e-mail response within minutes and my pins were at my doorstep on Wednesday....The packaging was so adorable and everything was perfect....so to all of you that were a little aprehensive about ordering....I think they are back on track!!!!:Pinkbounc
hope this helps others...
Donna

Thank you, Tom, for you wonderful response to clear things up.

As I was reading the thread, I almost jumped on the reply button several times, to "come-to-the-rescue".

I have been a customer of Founder's Legacy for almost two years, and I know the joy that these pins bring to the Cast Members (if they can wear them or not!).

I have spent many an evening with tissue in hand, reading about the CM's.

BTW, I am sometimes "one of those solitary folks with Dockers and a chambray shirt with a corporate logo" wandering around Disneyland!

Over and Out,
Gerry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter