*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I really feel for those of you who were staying on points. I am sure they are doing everything possible but what a logistical mess that must be.

It's kinda pathetic how I haven't cancelled everything. I don't think my heart can take it so I'm doing an ADR here and there, FP here and there. My only light at the end of the tunnel is the promise we made to stay Theme Park View CL whenever we do end up taking this trip. Right now we're still not sure about this October or next May. Flower & Garden was a huge reason why we booked for May, besides my birthday. And MK closing so early so often for the parties kinda put a damper on staying so close to it, the last time we went in October. OTOH, a do over on MNSSHP would be nice. I just don't know.

I really feel for those of you who were staying on points. I am sure they are doing everything possible but what a logistical mess that must be.

It's kinda pathetic how I haven't cancelled everything. I don't think my heart can take it so I'm doing an ADR here and there, FP here and there. My only light at the end of the tunnel is the promise we made to stay Theme Park View CL whenever we do end up taking this trip. Right now we're still not sure about this October or next May. Flower & Garden was a huge reason why we booked for May, besides my birthday. And MK closing so early so often for the parties kinda put a damper on staying so close to it, the last time we went in October. OTOH, a do over on MNSSHP would be nice. I just don't know.
My FP day is tomorrow. I'm booking them fully knowing we will probably be cancelling the trip, even if it is just outside the current 2 month CDC recommended window. Part of the fun of the trips is the planning, so might as well get that final piece planned and deal with the cancellations later. It's sad. who knows when people are going to feel safe traveling through airports again.

My FP day is tomorrow. I'm booking them fully knowing we will probably be cancelling the trip, even if it is just outside the current 2 month CDC recommended window. Part of the fun of the trips is the planning, so might as well get that final piece planned and deal with the cancellations later. It's sad. who knows when people are going to feel safe traveling through airports again.

In exact same boat.. feel kind of melancholy booking FP tomorrow knowing it might not happen.. but trying to stay positive

Our arrival day was supposed to be May 9. Still have a glimmer of hope that it all turns around and ends earlier than eight weeks but at this point, trying to figure out when to go next, either August or next May.

We have the same arrival date as well but I'm beginning to be not as hopeful...we're FL residents who bought the four day discover Disney tickets. We already used 2 days earlier this month, hoping they extend the expiry date further than July. We MIGHT be able to do June if we cancel another non-Disney trip we have planned...

In exact same boat.. feel kind of melancholy booking FP tomorrow knowing it might not happen.. but trying to stay positive
I'd probably feel more hopefully if I didn't have to fly. Wife doesn't want to travel through airports right now. we'll see what happens, but can't imagine they'd be safer in a couple months. it'd take us 2.5-3 days to travel 1 way to WDW by car, so that's definitely out, unfortunately.

I'd probably feel more hopefully if I didn't have to fly. Wife doesn't want to travel through airports right now. we'll see what happens, but can't imagine they'd be safer in a couple months. it'd take us 2.5-3 days to travel 1 way to WDW by car, so that's definitely out, unfortunately.

Luckily we drive.. so I def feel better about that!!

I booked ours on Sunday morning. Felt kind of weird to set the alarm and get up to set them up.

I didn't even book as many as we could have, mainly wanted to try to get MMRR (surprisingly there was still availability on 60+2 and 60+3 in the evenings! Slinky in the afternoons - which I didn't book but weird to see availability for that FP so early in a trip).

Hoping things really turn around sooner than later, not just for WDW trips, but for everything! I'm still struggling knowing I have to cancel a 4/4 flight to go visit DS who moved out of state last June, but just can't bring myself to do it yet.

I went ahead and upgraded my August reservation to CL... I'm just not sure how it will play out in less than two months. But that is my FD reservation so now I'm like 'how am I gonna eat all that food???'

Same here, I don't feel as excited as in the past because they will likely be cancelled. We're still thinking of rebooking for the fall - but my mom really wanted to see Flower and Garden. :( We'll make the FP anyway and hope for the best. Good luck!

Just booked our backup reservation for June. I’m not sure that’s much better but at least we have a fallback reservation. Still crossing my fingers for May though.
So If I go ahead and book a backup reservation, if my May trip is cancelled can I transfer my payments to the new booking? If May turns out okay, I'm sure I'll just get a refund, correct? Thanks.

Got my FPs booked for rides that most likely aren't going to happen :confused3

Got pretty much everything I wanted after a little switching around. Our evening at animal kingdom will be tight, same with HS, but overall would be fun if we get to go through with it. Oh well, we need to stay safe and healthy rather than risk spreading this junk.

I wonder how all of this will affect the FD offer that will supposedly roll out next month.
I'm thinking with the economic downturn, they're going to have to have some drastic offers to pull people back in. With uncertainty about how long this will last, how long everyone will continue to get paid, and how long til first rounds of layoffs happen, we could be heading for some bad times that makes us missing Disney seem like a walk in the park. I hope it doesn't get that bad, but the stock market dive makes it look bad. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

So If I go ahead and book a backup reservation, if my May trip is cancelled can I transfer my payments to the new booking? If May turns out okay, I'm sure I'll just get a refund, correct? Thanks.

If you cancel your May trip (or the parks are still closed), you should get a refund. Assuming you cancel within the cancellation window. We booked a room only reservation so our cancellation day is within 4-5 days of the trip. They don't transfer the funds (to the best of my knowledge)...they will just refund it to your card.

If the May trip still happens (pretty please, with a cherry on top), you can cancel the backup reservation for a refund.

Edit: This is a room only reservation. I'm not sure of the details once you start adding in tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter