Yet another "Priority Access" question

cycloptik

Earning My Ears
I will be at HRH the end of the month with my husband and children, 7 and 5 years old. Do my husband and I each need to show a key to use priority access when entering the same attraction? How about the kids as they are young and won't be assigned one? Or, do the keys show how many are staying in the room and one key admits all? Just wondering as I know one of us is bound to forget a key here and there (most likely me) and I'll mentally prepare myself now for the long walks back if both are needed!

I just returned from the PBH and never needed more than one key for my party of 4. Only when we split up.
Also when I checked in I did ask for 4 keys and they gave them to me.

One key will do it, unless you split up. We just got back on Saturday. My son, 14, was in charge of showing the key. You will LOVE this. We walked on to almost every ride. Our longest wait was five minutes.

Things must have really changed. When we went in March with my brother and his wife, all 4 of us had to show a room key to get in the express line and show each key at each checkpoint through the line. In a way, I like the idea of everyone in the party showing a card. I mean, if you are not staying in an on-site hotel and only one person has an express ticket and brings 4 people in line with them, only the person with the express ticket gains admission to the line. Same should apply with hotel. No key id, no admittance.

Thanks for the replies! I usually don't get keys for the kids when we go away, but I'm going to ask for them just to avoid any problems. antmaril, I can't believe your longest wait was 5 minutes!! What an incredible perk-I can't wait!

Yes, it was fabulous! We really weren't sure how well it would work until we got on our first ride - Men In Black! People were standing in the regular line and we walked up to the Express Line. We showed our room key and that was it. No line at all. We looked at each other and said "awesome"!!!

I encourage anyone who is thinking of going to USF/IOA to stay at the HRH or Portofino Bay if they can for this perk. It is well worth it. The hotels are beautiful, you can walk to the parks and you get to go in the Express Line all day. We paid $129.50 for a beautiful waterview room using the Entertainment Card. It was a great deal.

When I went in April the ride attendents checked all our cards when we entered the express line. Some even checked the dates of our stay on the cards. I requested cards for my kids but they did not have charge privledges on them (just in case they were lost).

I agree with lookingforward about charge privileges. My son had his own room key, but no charge privileges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter