YOLID - You Only Live In Disney! June 2013 trip! UPDATED 1st March!

frankieeyre

Mouseketeer
HEY ALL! BONJOUR!!

Welcome to this trip report titled YOLID You Only Live In Disney. (Which is true). :rotfl2:

Pull up a chair and get comfortable, as youre about to experience my BEST DISNEY TRIP EVER! :goodvibes

So what did this trip entail you ask?

3 days, 2 nights at the New York Hotel in Disneyland Paris!!

Let me introduce you to the people involved:

Me!!

My name is Frankie, Im 20 years old and have a serious obsession with everything Disney!! Ive been to DLP many times with family and friends but this trip was extra exciting for me as Ive never been with someone who is equally as keen for Disney as me!!

Hannah!!

This is Hannah who is also 20! She also loves Disney and Im sure my obsession encourages her even more!! I met Hannah 2 years ago when we moved into the same university halls and the first thing I said to her was I love your Disney bag. Our friendship was pretty set from that comment. This was Hannahs first trip to DLP but she has been to WDW before so that made it even more fun!

Now that you have met the cast its time for the fun to begin!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

VIDEOS!!

Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6dscabiZw4
Day 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udqwEyZLSFE

Up next: the journey!!​

Chapter 1: The Journey

ITS TIME FOR THE FUN TO BEGIN!!!

I think I'm gonna puke actually, I think I might puke. You know, like a VURP! Vomit and a burp together, and you can taste it, and you just feel it RISING up and... OH THIS IS SOOO EXCITING!

(Sorry, I had too) :rotfl2:

Friday 14th June

It was a nice early morning for us with the alarms set for 6.25am! We had to be ready for 7.25am so we gave ourselves plenty of time! There was lots of excitement around the house this morning but mostly just extremely tired faces. Both of us were extremely tired as we didnt get to sleep till at least 12.30am so didnt get much sleep&.main reason for that? WE WERE TOO EXCITED!

We were ready to go!!

:cool1::cool1:

etk8.jpg

(I have no idea why I am so red?! :confused3)

Heres a picture of our Disney themed nails that Hannah did the day before!

mtmv.jpg

rypf.jpg

We also made Tie Dye t-shirts the day before too!

u2kq.jpg

My parents dropped us off at the train station where it is an hour to get into London. We then got the underground across London to St Pancras International where I bumped into an old school friend so it was nice to catch up!

We had about an hour wait for the Eurostar when we got there so we did crosswords (which I realized Im not very good at).

Heres some other lovely places you could visit that morning!

6alg.jpg

We boarded the train just before 10am and got ourselves comfortable. The train journey is about 2 hours and 45 minutes from London to Disneyland Paris.

dsqz.jpg

Selfies with the Eurostar!

s3xr.jpg

READY FOR DISNEY!!

There were lots of screaming babies around which is always super fun! :thumbsup2

We witnessed an odd family when we left London. Their assigned seats were two and two on either side of the aisle but as London is the first stop there were some other empty seats. So they sat in a 4 seat bit with a table. Then at the next stop at Ashford another family came on and they were in their seats, instead of apologizing and moving back to their original seats the family got real moody and tried to pretend it was their seats. Who knows?! They moved to different seats and the same thing happened again at the next station!

We had a plug next to our seats so decided to charge up our phones. Hannah got out an adaptor as we were sitting next to a French plug. Her adaptor also had an American adaptor that I decided to hold up (like Rafiki did to Simba) and sing AMERICAAAAA (like the tune of Golden Dream). This happened plenty of times during the trip. :worship:

During the train journey we ate PB&J sandwiches (trying to hard to be American) and hot cross buns (not so American).

We got a nice view of what France has to offer: fields, fields, barns and more fields.

Heres a nice view of the fields.

y1po.jpg

We passed the time with the Disney alphabet game! Though we struggled with the last few letters, anyone know a character beginning with W or Y?

Finally at around 2pm French time we arrived at the station right in the middle of DISNEYLAND PARIS!!

WE WERE HERE!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Up next! Checking in!

Continued in next update!

When we play the Disney alphabet game we always use Wendy for W & Yzma for Y! :thumbsup2

SO EXCITED FOR YOUR ARRIVAL!

Brilliant start - you certainly got in the mood - love the nails!!!! Your trip report is great with such lovely photos....mine is sadly lacking ....sigh.

can't wait for more :thumbsup2

I am LOVING this! SO excited to be on board for this TR! You are so adorable :) can't wait for more! Ps love the nails! :)

Your Disney nails are just awesome. I LOVE them!

I loved all of the fields in the video :laughing:

AHHHH I AM SO EXCITED! You need to post the next update ASAP because THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME.

Great start :thumbsup2 Love your Disney nails.

W for Winnie the Pooh and I can't think of anything with Y :lmao:

Chapter 2: Checking In!

We were officially in Disneyland Paris!!!

Hannah made a joke about how impatient I was at people getting off the train SO SLOWLY.

I WANTED TO GET TO THE PARKS!! MOVEEEEE ITTTT PEOPLE!!!

There are buses directly outside the train station that take you to the hotels but they only come every 15 minutes and are normally PACKED.

I said to Hannah that we would observe how the buses were and if they were bad we could just walk up Disney Village to the hotel.

As we speedy walked out the train station I spotted a bus in the New York Hotel space so we speeded up our speedy walk and hot footed it onto the bus. Good job we walked quickly as it left straight away! The bus ride takes a whole 1 MINUTE to get to the hotel so we only really had to time to pose for these photos before we got off!

I made Hannah speedy walk again from the bus to the hotel entrance as I didn’t want to get stuck in a long queue for check in. So once again our speedy walking paid off and we were the first ones in!

Lobby photos!

Here’s the check in desk:

Once it was our turn we were greeted by a lovely French CM who looked up our reservation for us. She gave us our keys, maps and information on “extra magical hour” as she referred to it (even though its 2 hours over in DLP).

She told us that we had to check out Disney Dreams at park closing (duh) as it was fabulous!

Then she asked what time we would like to eat breakfast in the morning at the hotel restaurant. Me and Hannah looked at each other and both answered together “7am”. The CM laughed and then asked “Even though the park closes at 11pm?!”. As we have all learnt from Kristen’s TRs “There is no sleeping in Disney!”.

We then headed off to our room which was number 140 (I got this wrong the whole trip) which was on the ground floor.

The room was SO NICE! We had two double beds, a lovely bathroom and lots of room!

Here’s the beds:

The bathroom:

The bit on top of the TV cabinet:

The nice chairs (which I used for all my random stuff):

And here was our nice little treat, an outdoor patio!! Was lovely to have the bedroom door open to let in some air! DLP’s version of Characters in Flight, Panoramagique, was just outside our patio!

We changed clothes, got all our Disney stuff ready, had a nice visit from a CM who changed the shower curtain (random) and we were READY TO GO!!!!

UP NEXT: We're off to the parks!!

(I’ve updated the first post on this TR with the link to day 2 video!!)​

When we play the Disney alphabet game we always use Wendy for W & Yzma for Y! :thumbsup2

SO EXCITED FOR YOUR ARRIVAL!

YOU GENIUS!! We were stuck on those so bad! We got Ursula for U but then couldn't think of another for round 2!

Brilliant start - you certainly got in the mood - love the nails!!!! Your trip report is great with such lovely photos....mine is sadly lacking ....sigh.

can't wait for more :thumbsup2

Yes we did!! We were both so so excited! You should have seen us the night before! Thank you so much!! Ill check your TR out ASAP!!

I am LOVING this! SO excited to be on board for this TR! You are so adorable :) can't wait for more! Ps love the nails! :)

Thank you!! YAY!! Awww thank you!! Hannah is a nail painting genius!! Am going to read your TR ASAP!!

Your Disney nails are just awesome. I LOVE them!

I loved all of the fields in the video :laughing:

AHHHH I AM SO EXCITED! You need to post the next update ASAP because THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME.

Thank you!! Hannah is very skilled with a nail brush!

Haha SO MANY FIELDS!!

YAYYY! I hope the new update makes you happy!!

Great start :thumbsup2 Love your Disney nails.

W for Winnie the Pooh and I can't think of anything with Y :lmao:

OOH Winnie!! How did I miss that! Thank you!!!

Chapter 3: Studios Time!

Time to hit the parks!!

On the way out of the room we stopped quickly at the gift shop in the hotel to make some quick purchases!

I got a vinylmation to trade in the parks which turned out to be this guy&

Creepy right?

(If you actually know what this is, please let me know as I have NO idea)

I also bought Sorcerer Mickey ears!

So we walked from the hotel through Disney village on the way to the parks.

The ice rink outside the hotel:

Heres Newport Bay hotel across the lake!

Earl of Sandwich:

Walking down Disney Village:

At this point it was around 3pm so we decided to head to Walt Disney Studios park as it closed at 7pm.

Earful tower!

I love this Sorcerer Mickey fountain!

We spotted Aurora and Prince Phillip so went over to meet them!

Now for those of you who have never been to Disneyland Paris Ill tell you a bit about character meets. They are CRAZY. There is no formal queue, sometimes the character attendant does nothing and there are SO many pushy parents. Some characters were more organised this year and made you stand in a circle around them and they chose who would come in (but still pretty different from WDW).

So we stood there for a while whilst parents shoved there little kids in front of us and in the end Aurora pointed at me to come forward so we finally got our chance!

They had very strong British accents!

Hannah loved the character meet and greet which made me so happy!!

We headed through the studio bit at the entrance and straight to Tower of Terror. The queue time was posted 30 minutes which was not bad for a Friday afternoon!

The queue actually went much quicker than 30 minutes and we were in the library within 20 minutes.

Tower of Terror is one of my favourite rides at DLP! Its ever so slightly different in the way you get to the ride!

I LOVE the shop after you get off ToT in DLP! They have such good merchandise!

Some pictures of phantom manor tops they sell over here!

I also traded my first pin of the trip with the CM at the till! The caterpillar!

After we got off the ride Hannah was telling me about her nervous tongue! Apparently she was so scared the sides of her tongue tightened up and felt weird!! She survived though!!

Next up was Rock 'n' Rollercoaster!

The queue was only 20 minutes but we basically walked right into the sound booth! The sound booth shows a different movie here, it is Steven Tyler describing the loop of the rollercoaster! It doesnt follow the same story line of you getting a limo to the concert!

We requested the front row so waited for the next limo! Hannah loved it from the front row!! I think it makes it more fun you cant really see whats coming!

Up next!! We're saving the world from an asteroid!

Your vinylmation is Pascal from Tangled, the chameleon. That's the color he turns when he's mad. It's a variant from the regular green Pascal vinylmation and highly sought after among vinylmation collectors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter