YOLID - You Only Live In Disney! June 2013 trip! UPDATED 1st March!

Like Vala said, it is Pascal and it is very valuable.

It would easily fetch £50 on ebay, if you would like to trade for other multiple vinylmation which are a little less ugly then please let me know via PM.

:)

Your vinylmation is Pascal from Tangled, the chameleon. That's the color he turns when he's mad. It's a variant from the regular green Pascal vinylmation and highly sought after among vinylmation collectors.

Like Vala said, it is Pascal and it is very valuable.

It would easily fetch £50 on ebay, if you would like to trade for other multiple vinylmation which are a little less ugly then please let me know via PM.

:)

Thank you both for letting me know what he is!! Unfortunately I traded him off as he creeped me out! Sorry!

Chapter 4: Saving the world one asteroid at a time!

Once we had completed our rocking out for the day we cooled off by doing some posing in the rain.

We then headed towards an attraction that was completely new for Hannah.

ARMAGEDDON.

If you haven’t seen the movie I’ll give you a quick run through (SPOILER ALERT): There is a big comet coming to crash into earth so they send up some drillers to drill into the meteor to break it into smaller parts. They succeed and earth is saved! (Obviously it’s far more dramatic than my description).

Anyhoooo…you it starts with a pre-movie of one of the actors in Armageddon making you do some screaming and ducking. Some people obviously thought this was the main attraction and were getting fed up so left through the emergency exit. This caused lots of people to follow them which made the cast member doing the spiel laugh. People were missing out! :happytv:

We headed into the next room which is a set straight out of the movie. You are placed in the space station and about to experience the special effects from the movie!

The set is circular so everyone runs straight in to try and get up to the railing in the centre. I ensured Hannah that if we stood back by a certain part we would get equal viewing.

I chose to stand right in front of the part of the space station that continues to blow up and shoot fire which made me and Hannah laugh every time! It was so hot! :cool2:

So here is my DLP tip number 1! Stand anywhere in Armageddon, don’t feel pressured to run to the barrier in the middle. You will get an awesome experience wherever!

This was a good time to head out of studios park and into Disneyland park!

I traded away my creepy Pascal vinylmation for a green army man one! :thumbsup2

I pin traded with the same cast member who didn’t know who figment was!! I asked for his figment pin and he was like who?! :confused3 :rotfl2:

The thing with pin trading in DLP is that the CM do sometimes say no, or they ask for a specific pin of yours. Sometimes they sulk a bit if you say you want to trade for one of yours they don’t want. :rolleyes2

This is the CM looking at my lanyard asking for specific pins, everyone wanted my incredibles pin for some reason! :confused3

Look closely and you can see my evil looking pascal staring at the camera. EVIL. :lmao::lmao:

After we finished looking around the shop we took the short walk out the studios and over to Disneyland park!!

We passed by the Brown Derby and headed out!

Up next! We hit Disneyland!

Hi Frankie! It's @Goofy_DisNerd from Twitter/Instagram (aka Timmy)! I saw one of your tweets about a TR for your DLRP trip and I had to check it out. So cool to read about parks other than DLR or WDW. Can't wait to read all about it! :mickeyjum

Hi Frankie! It's @Goofy_DisNerd from Twitter/Instagram (aka Timmy)! I saw one of your tweets about a TR for your DLRP trip and I had to check it out. So cool to read about parks other than DLR or WDW. Can't wait to read all about it! :mickeyjum

Timmy!!! So glad you found it! Thank you so much for reading!! I will check out some of your past TRs when I have some time!! :)

Great TR so far! Loving your nails too! Looking forward to the next installment :cool1:

Great TR so far! Loving your nails too! Looking forward to the next installment :cool1:

Thanks so much for reading!! Thanks, my friend Hannah has very good nail painting skills!! It will be up later today so keep your eyes peeled!​

Chapter 5: Hot dogs and Disneyland!

So having just left the studios we headed straight across to Disneyland park! :cool1:

It is just a 5 minute walk between the two parks but you get to walk through this lovely site!

The Disneyland Hotel!! It is beautiful! I got to stay here for a trip a few years ago and absolutely loved it! They have such good characters out and about in the hotel for you to meet!

Here’s some nice garden features!

Look the Hippo is holding a birthday cake! Happy Birthday Disneyland Paris!

We went through the turnstiles and we had arrived!!

A big 20 sign greeted us above the train station! Disneyland Paris is the same age as me! How cute.

We walked nice and slowly up main street taking in all the sights and sounds! Hannah has never been to Disneyland Paris remember so this castle was all new to her!!

I'm trying to act nice and calmly at this point but really im like this: :hyper:

I LOVE this castle but we will hear more on that later! princess:princess:

We spotted a pin board out by one of the shops so I did some trading! I got rid of my heffulump pin for a muppets pin! :thumbsup2

My belly was very hungry by now so we headed to Caseys for some hot dogs!!

The hot dogs were MASSIVE! Like MASSIVE! :crazy2:

Some nice ducks joined us for dinner and we all watched the water cannon show at the castle together!

We bid the ducks farewell and headed for Discoveryland! (DLP version of tomorrowland!)

I have trained my eyes to look out for Stitch pins as he is my absolute favourite character so I rapidly flagged down this cast member and asked to trade for his Stitch pin! IT WAS STITCH DRESSED AS A BELL HOP FROM TOWER OF TERROR. This is my two loves combined, it couldn’t get much better than this, could it?

Hannah was getting ready to take a picture of my pin for me but the CM thought she wanted a photo of the two of us together so we got this! :cool1:

We ran into the same pin board as before in a different location and I traded for a MONORAIL pin. No one understood why I was getting so excited, clearly no one knew what the monorail was?! Silly people! :confused3:

Next up! It’s time to discover!

Continue to next chapter!

Disneyland Paris just looks so pretty! Especially the Disneyland hotel they've got there. WOW. And I love their castle. Originally, I thought it seemed a bit Dr. Seuss-esque, too zaney, but now I think it's GORGEOUS. Love that entrance too, it must not be always that sparkly, but it's so pristine otherwise. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 to the Stitch pin! I have a ToT one with him wearing that outfit but he's in the elevator with scissors, hanging on the cord that attaches to the elevator, but it's cut off. Probably my most valued pin, everyone wanted it.

Oh DLP people who don't know of the monorail... you poor unfortunate souls have been deprived.

Disneyland Paris just looks so pretty! Especially the Disneyland hotel they've got there. WOW. And I love their castle. Originally, I thought it seemed a bit Dr. Seuss-esque, too zaney, but now I think it's GORGEOUS. Love that entrance too, it must not be always that sparkly, but it's so pristine otherwise. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 to the Stitch pin! I have a ToT one with him wearing that outfit but he's in the elevator with scissors, hanging on the cord that attaches to the elevator, but it's cut off. Probably my most valued pin, everyone wanted it.

Oh DLP people who don't know of the monorail... you poor unfortunate souls have been deprived.

It really is stunning!! To me it is the most visually attractive of all of the Disney parks I have visited (WDW and Disneyland)! You'll see lots more pictures of how DLP have made this place so pretty soon!

It's normally quite sparkly I believe just without the 20 sign!

YES STITCH FANS! :hippie: Oh my gosh I LOVE the sound of that pin! I did have lots more luck with stitch and ToT pins in DLP so you'll have to wait to see what I found!

I KNOW RIGHT! Imagine if I started the spanish monorail spiel, people would think I had lost the plot! :rotfl2:

Love reading your TR, I'm waiting for mor! Your enthusiasm is contagious, I can't wait 'til I get to head out this Saturday myself!
May I ask what camera do you use? Your pictures are stunning! Especially the one of the Disneyland hotel. Did you edit them with a program or are those the original colors?

I need you to stop this torture and finish this! It looks like you girls had so much fun! LOVE the nails! AND the vids!

Love the updates!
That Stitch pin is literally perfection! LOVE.
Your pictures are so pretty, I want to go! WAH! :lovestruc

I have to get up sooo early tomorrow and what am I doing? Reading this TR. I'm so entertained!

Hahaha :rotfl2: I'm so glad my TR was a priority over sleep! You're the best Kristen!

Love reading your TR, I'm waiting for mor! Your enthusiasm is contagious, I can't wait 'til I get to head out this Saturday myself!
May I ask what camera do you use? Your pictures are stunning! Especially the one of the Disneyland hotel. Did you edit them with a program or are those the original colors?

Thank you! I hope you have an amazing time! I have a Canon 500D (I think that's what it's called?!) The last update is the first one I had used my edited pictures in, but I do play around with the settings on my camera whilst taking pictures to get the best shot!

I need you to stop this torture and finish this! It looks like you girls had so much fun! LOVE the nails! AND the vids!

AH I WILL! It's gonna take me a while though, I'm so slow! YAY! Thanks Lilo :banana:

Love the updates!
That Stitch pin is literally perfection! LOVE.
Your pictures are so pretty, I want to go! WAH! :lovestruc

RIGHT! I have a whole page in my pin book dedicated to Stitch! :love: WE SHALL GO TOGETHER!!! :D DONE!

Found you! And catching up (haven't missed much from whenever I started reading this :P)

And you just became THAT much more awesome in my book, because... STITCH! :stitch:

Chapter 6: We are going to space!

It was time to head into Space! We grabbed some fastpasses for Buzz (which I only now noticed that it is a 30 minute return time, is this normal?!).

Here’s videopolis which used to house a small Lion King show which I LOVED! Think Festival of the Lion King, just a bit less amazing! Sadly they just play cartoons there now.

We walked round the back of Orbitron where we saw something DISGUSTING.

In the space between the bushes surrounding the ride we spotted a boy around 6 years old having a wee right into/next to the ride queue. The parents obviously told him too and were standing waiting for him. I hate to think what people in the queue could see! There was a toilet literally about 20 metres away from there too. :confused3

ANYHOO, back to some nice pictures of Space Mountain!

Here’s Nautilius which I have always found quite odd..

On to Space Mountain Mission 2 (with no queue?!). This ride is EXTREME! It is nothing like Space Mountain in WDW! It’s a bigger more up to date coaster! Now normally I don’t love this one as it throws your head around so much but I was prepared for that this trip and absolutely LOVED IT!

It starts out with the coaster going up the ramp bit and stopping. A countdown starts and then you shoot off really quickly up the ramp! The effects on the inside were better than I remember! There is one bit with a load of smoke covering the track and it looks like your going to crash into a meteor shower that got me SO excited each time!

However it doesn’t look like we had the most enjoyable time in space, I can assure you we did!

Once getting off our space adventure we passed the sign for Pizza Planet!

Now I seem to remember going here when I was a kid, and its still advertised on the maps etc but the last 3 times I’ve been its never open?! Anyone know what’s up with Pizza Planet in DLP? I WANTED ME SOME PIZZA! (Even though I just had a hot dog!).:rotfl2:

Seeing as we just got back from space we decided to go straight back to space!

WOOPEE! Star Tours was calling our name! There was no one in the queue for this ride either?! Friday night at DLP and it was empty?! I’LL TAKE IT! :thumbsup2

This version hasn’t been updated like WDW version BUT it is in French! Which I personally think is quite funny! C-3PO speaks English though so you get to hear one little bit you can understand!

I couldn’t stop laughing at the beginning of the ride as Hannah’s feet couldn’t touch the floor so she was flinging around all over the place!

Once we returned from space for the second time we rewarded ourselves with some shopping! I traded for a Hamm vinylmation! I’m so good at trading right?!

Hannah bought such a nice top which you will see in later pictures! I was enjoying this shop so much as there was SO MUCH STITCH! Look they even have Scrump!

There was also so much Nightmare Before Christmas stuff which reminded me of Lia (__disneygirl) as she absolutely loves it!

It soon came time to head back into space for a third time!

But WHO WOULD WIN?! Would it be Hannah or myself?!

Find out next time!! ☺

Continued in next post!

Found you! And catching up (haven't missed much from whenever I started reading this :P)

And you just became THAT much more awesome in my book, because... STITCH! :stitch:

YAY!!! AH I need to go read yours ASAP! Sorry i'm so slow!!

YES STITCH FANS TOGETHER!! I just love him!!! :stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch:

Wow, space space and MORE SPACE! That's basically what I got from this update lol jk

I'm in love with all the Tomorrowlands at all the Disney parks, but I must say I like this Discoveryland a bit more. I don't know, maybe it's the gold or your camera or something that is playing with my mind, but I love the theming. And the fact there is a NAUTILUS there just takes it over the top!

Ewww, that's just... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww BLEH! Why in the world would parents ever let their kid pee in public? It's gross, unsightly and rude. And to do it in a Disney park! That's wrong on so many levels.

In your ride photo, I don't think it was that you guys were having fun, but you were very focused on your mission at hand. Disney fans just take Disney more seriously and sometimes we forget we do that, it just happens. But that Space Mountain sounds awesome! Not sure how I would get myself on it, but it sounds SOOO cool.

That must be one hysterical ride, the Star Tours in Paris! But that's cool how it hasn't changed over to the newer version. It's like with TDL's Haunted Mansion, still old school bride/attic scene over there (I've never been but I know these things).

OMG SCRUMP (AND PERRY)! That. Is. Awesome. I WANT. What a great find! I hope that you ended up buying one if you're such a big Stitch fan.

Can't wait to read about who won on Buzz! :mickeyjum

Hello everyone!! Just wanted to put a quick note here to let you know I have started my Walt Disney World Trip Report from July! Here is the link if you want to check it out! :wizard:

I’m SO excited I could CRY! A Polynesian Adventure!! July 2013!

Chapter 7: From Outer Space to a Magical Castle!

This little guy welcomed us into space for the third time!

However this little guy didn’t want to help us shoot Zurg!

Our wonderful fastpass helped us skip the basically non-existent queue!

Quick picture stop with our main man Buzz!

He speaks half in English, half in French! Very confusing! :confused3

So we set off in space shooting away when we realised Hannah wasn’t very good at this game. (Sorry banana, but it’s true!) :lmao:

I am not amazing at this game, in fact I’m very average.

My score: 184,500 (L4)

Hannah’s score: 13,800 (L3) :rotfl2:

Here is how we ranked on the official French chart! I’ll let you do the translating!

You can tell we were concentrating very hard, it clearly was a very serious matter! :thumbsup2

We decided 3 trips to space was enough for today so we headed back towards THE CASTLE!!

JUST LOOK AT IT! BEAUTIFUL!

We didn’t just head towards it, we were going in it!!

Seriously though, isn’t it beautiful!

Here’s the princess with her castle!!

After we had finished gawking at its beauty it was time to head inside to explore the story of Aurora! (Leanna you are going to like the next chapter!!)

Continued in next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter